Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sol and her Eclipse

Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 374

Exclamation Sol and her Eclipse

Hello, I've been playing Sol since her first view on Smite but after the latest patch I've noticed that I hardly reach 20 k of damage, while before, with no problems, I could reach about 40/50 k of damage with a good pushing and more than 10 kills.
    No it's pretty impossible to reach good results just due to a patch that makes me thinking not to use Sol anymore because she becomes useless...
    I've always used items that are also among the recommended ones but now, neither them can help to find a solution..

Any suggestion? Please help me to find out a way to improve my Sol after the patch

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    well either you build her wrong or simply play her bad <.< what is your ussual build for sol?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Well actually I play her much better than many others I've seen who play her, however I use to build like this:
    In order
    -Shoes of the Magi's
    -Polynomicon
    -Rod of Tahuti
    -Telkhines Ring
    -Demonic Grip
    -Bancraft's Talon

Sometimes I use to take Obsidian Shard instead of Bancraft's Talon but as 3rd or 4th

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead KillerCryptid's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    ehh that's the basic build for Sol, and she still seems really powerful I mean I'm sorry but if a god can reach 850 in magic power and be 3x more powerful than anyone in the match with a basic build then it has to be nerfed...and that it did, not much, but now she is a bit more equal to the rest

Okok but this build worked before the patch, now it doesn't and sincerely I've tried other builds but keeps not working even if I use to have results like 10/1/16 and a player damage at level 20 of 19 k.... Which is almost nothing for a mage...
    V O I T T OT A IV A L H A L L A

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead KillerCryptid's Avatar
    Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I don't have a problem with it so I wouldn't know, I used the same build before the patch and after the patch, the gods shouldn't be able to go 10:1 k/d ratio based on the items and base stats alone, there is also player skill involved, so if things changed find a different angle on the god to be as good as before at it

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    i build her to 1 shot squishy gods so i dont build her aa based so my build is

pene boots,book of thoth,poly,reaver,obsidian shard,tahuti

and i must say it have worked pretty damn good usually i have one of the highest top player dmg and you can simply 1 shot squishy like you take away their 90% of hp with just your 2 when you have only gotten red buff+purple pot so if you get also either FG buff or 3k pot buff you gonna 1 shot them and with all the buffs on you your MP is 1450 or so
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Honoured crippler38's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    i build her to 1 shot squishy gods so i dont build her aa based so my build is

pene boots,book of thoth,poly,reaver,obsidian shard,tahuti

and i must say it have worked pretty damn good usually i have one of the highest top player dmg and you can simply 1 shot squishy like you take away their 90% of hp with just your 2 when you have only gotten red buff+purple pot so if you get also either FG buff or 3k pot buff you gonna 1 shot them and with all the buffs on you your MP is 1450 or so
    wouldn't spear be better since all of her abilities hit in multiple stages? or do you just want the better tower/tank shred?

Senior Member Honoured crippler38's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Hladgudr View Post
    Well actually I play her much better than many others I've seen who play her, however I use to build like this:
    In order
    -Shoes of the Magi's
    -Polynomicon
    -Rod of Tahuti
    -Telkhines Ring
    -Demonic Grip
    -Bancraft's Talon

Sometimes I use to take Obsidian Shard instead of Bancraft's Talon but as 3rd or 4th
    I would sell telk late if I were you, honestly if you want attack speed you should just go for damage considering her 2 has basically a 100% scaling with her passive up, that and it hits twice so it procs spear of the magus and it's a basic (as you know) making it also proc polly and demonic.

From what I've seen mage sol is more annoying to deal with, what with her low cd poly proc with 100% base scaling (60 from the ability, 15% from her normal mage basic attack, and an extra 20 or something from her passive, plus the percentage from her passive plus tahuuti.)

I don't know the exact numbers for her passive off the top of my head but still, pretty good damage on a low cd ability like janus, only easier to hit. That's not counting poly and soul reaver hitting

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by crippler38 View Post
    wouldn't spear be better since all of her abilities hit in multiple stages? or do you just want the better tower/tank shred?
    obsidian becuz i like to push objectives <.<