Thread: PLEASE do something about the FPS lag

Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 753
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

PLEASE do something about the FPS lag

This is pretty much default for any game out there whenever a new map or mode is released, but please try to do something about the broken FPS. It's halved for me on lowest settings and it's only Siege (naturally). No other mode does that and this FPS lags because it's brand new. But I have no idea whether or not you're planning to do something about it since most other companies don't, so I just have to throw this out here. The FPS lag in Siege is game-breaking.

HiRez Staff Senior Cupidhead HiRezKate's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    We're planning on doing an optimization pass on it still as we continue to finish and polish art for it. Some minor work has been done already, but a major pass won't be in this patch.
    Soon.™ ( -MagiCandyBar)
    WORST MAP EVER, TOO SMALL/TOO BIG, THE HILLS ARE NOT HIGH ENOUGH/THE HILLS ARE TOO HIGH, THE FLAG IS TOO EXPOSED/IS NOT EXPOSED ENOUGH, SNIPEFEST, TOO MUCH GREEN/ BLOOM. YOU RUINED IT HIREZ ( -blackchimes)

Achievements:
    As long as it's actually being worked on and there's good work done on polishing it successfully, that'll be just fine. Thanks for the feedback. It always happens on new maps and modes, so please keep in mind for future ideas that polishing the graphics is one of the priorities since it gets extremely game-breaking. Also it's sickening when the "get a better computer" crap comes out, since, well, it's not my computer that breaks the FPS, it's the game. Either way thanks again.

Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 111
    Siege is in beta testing, issues like optimization will be worked on as kate has said but don't expect it to be perfect for a while.

Achievements:
    Don't care about perfection as long as I can run around the map without feeling like I weigh 20 tons.

Achievements:
    It looks like the latest patch reduced some of the lag, even though my fps still does drop quite low regardless. But the biggest and most devastating problem is the jungle area, right at its entrance. I guess it's because of all the tree animations. I think it might be the purple crystals on the evil siege side as well. If the dev team could focus on polishing out those it would be most appreciated. It certainly reduced with this patch though, so thank you!

Senior Member Honoured Left4Dinner's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 758
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by HiRezKate View Post
    We're planning on doing an optimization pass on it still as we continue to finish and polish art for it. Some minor work has been done already, but a major pass won't be in this patch.

Bump, but are there any plans to optimize this map anytime soon? Whenever I play the siege mode, I always get high spikes in ping, and it may or may not be due to how the drawdistance is for the background things are. What I mean, is that at a certain distance, a tree will be barely visable, but as I get closer to it, it then disappears and instantly reappears bu in greater detail. Maybe this is what causes me to lag, or maybe something else. I check my internet whenever I ping high, and even have it refresh the connection, and that does help at times, but usually for Siege, it doesn't.