Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Sol's Ultimate Is Just So Bad

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead RogueANG3L's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 556
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran

Sol's Ultimate Is Just So Bad

Sol has grown to be one of my favorite Goddesses and In my opinion her ultimate is one of if not the worst in the game. Trying to get some decent hit's with it is about knowing where your opponent will go, which is pretty much all luck. If the enemy veers in any direction aside from the one you aim your ult at, well you just wasted it. Let's hope the tweak on the next patch will make it somewhat less crap.
    Jing Wei, Nu Wa, Discordia. The Baes 3.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Like I said, it's a controllable Hou Yi ultimate just smaller and 10x worse.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    It's one of those ults that requires a stun

I think the idea is you're supposed to catch them in your 3 and then ult them

But that's like the worst setup, requires you sacrifice your immunity by canceling it early, and has an incredibly small amount of time that you can take advantage of it.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Mjolnir2136's Avatar
    Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 68
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    They are buffing her ult in next patch. Also, it works well with a good support. Ymir for instance can freeze them and you drop that on them. With Ares you can potentially hit the entire group. It isn't my favorite ult but if used properly can work well. Also good counter for gods like anoobis when he is stuck in one spot attempting to hit you.

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Hey you know what's a good ult? A giant AOE circle that rains down suns. You know what's not a good ult? Just the suns, that miss, and are slow....
    ~~
    ~~
    The only time it's good is at objectives like FG and GF. Maybe the buff will make it better but it's speed is going from 0.28 to 0.24. In other words it's speed is getting a 15% buff, I think it needs a 25% buff. So down to about 0.21, right now you can out walk it to evade it.

Senior Member Honoured BorneBlood's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Achievements:
    Party Person 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Yeah let's just make these 1minute ultis auto kill the enemy, like just make hou yi ultis suns rain down super fast and apply a 2 second stun on the first hit of the ultimate.

Let's make sols ulti super fast and hard to miss. Yeah yeah, balanced!

Let's just make ulti CDs 30 seconds to make this game even easier and faceroll than it is already. Yeah woooo

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneBlood View Post
    Yeah let's just make these 1minute ultis auto kill the enemy, like just make hou yi ultis suns rain down super fast and apply a 2 second stun on the first hit of the ultimate.

Let's make sols ulti super fast and hard to miss. Yeah yeah, balanced!

Let's just make ulti CDs 30 seconds to make this game even easier and faceroll than it is already. Yeah woooo
    Wtf are you talking about no one said anything about instant kill, quit making yourself sound stupid. Be real here if you're defending the way her ult is currently then you can't be serious because it is just aweful.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,807
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueANG3L View Post
    Wtf are you talking about no one said anything about instant kill, quit making yourself sound stupid. Be real here if you're defending the way her ult is currently then you can't be serious because it is just aweful.
    Meanwhile everything else in her kit is overpowered as hell.

Senior Member Prestigious xVIPx Superb's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 970
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RogueANG3L View Post
    If you're going to have the audacity to outwardly call someone stupid, please refrain from misspelling "awful".

Or better yet, refrain from calling him stupid .

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by xVIPx Superb View Post
    If you're going to have the audacity to outwardly call someone stupid, please refrain from misspelling "awful".

Or better yet, refrain from calling him stupid .
    1st spelling errors don't make you stupid it happens, you could be Einstein and still misspell a word and 2nd I didn't outwardly call him anything I said he sounded stupid with that statement not that he was.
    Last edited by RogueANG3L; 10-19-2015 at 02:18 PM.