Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Thread: Loki's stealth...

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 1,181
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    I'd only get Mystical Mail if I was feeling particularly aggressive and want to knock the enemy Loki down a peg or two so he wouldn't be such a nuisance. The DoT really helps in seeing through his stealth.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 861
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I think what the OP is trying to clarify the difference is between what is overpowered and what is just plain annoying.

And i agree... he is very annoying.

I dont think hes overpowered though.

And i think thats the difference that needs taking into consideration.

New Member Cupidhead CrimsonConquest's Avatar
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 179
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    I have to flat out agree that loki is just broken. Honestly it would make complete sense if loki lost his stealth if hit while he was in stealth. He should have a 3 second no combat period also in order to activate his first skill otherwise. As for his ult... you'd have to be crazy to this is not OP! What happens with the ult is that it automatically puts you behind the foes back, making full use of his passive and stuns a foe! Honestly his kit was thought out on a very mediocre level. While the attempt to portray Loki as an assassin may have been successful, it failed to make full notice of his trickster god. Essentially every skill in exception to the decoy skill was poorly thought out and allows for absurd comboing to oneshot a foe. What was that narrow-minded complainer? You say that he can be countered? Of course assuming you have extreme protections, tons of cc and maybe good timing with a escape skill or aegis. While the argument appears to be reasonable at a shallow and careless glance, let's just recall that he can be invisible! He can initiate one of his broken combos while invisible, making sneak attacks impossible to anticipate. On top of that, his ult just so happens to be a blink, which means teleportation and no escape for any poor soul. Additionally his stealth is just an absurd get out of danger key, allowing him to stay in stealth after sustaining a hit and it additionally gives him a speed buff. What does this mean? Well in the hands of a player who has no moral values, Loki can jungle at absurd speeds, get in and out of most situations with a kill or two and instakill players. To further my point allow me to remind the reader that the ult attacks the victim from behind, allowing for 1 second of free back attacks at absurd amount of damage. Ultimately the kit not only is broken, but poorly thought out, and very abusable. Using a "aimed strike" seems pretty obvious; most gods would probably aim their attacks or miss just terribly. Not only does aimed strike lack a good name and creativity, but also allows for absurd amounts of damage when paired with the ult. The first skill makes some sense as Loki is a trickster, the second is fine, the third was just terrible and was made easily with the least amount of effort and the final is not only the straw that breaks the camel's back, but also comes short of truly reflecting himself.

Senior Member Prestigious xVIPx Superb's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 970
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    I find it laughable u think decoy is fine and that aimed strike is op.
    Hello! I'm the Tom Hiddleston of the forums!

BestLokiWW

Quote Originally Posted by TheLethalCorgi View Post
    Salt leads to anger
    Anger leads to hate
    Hate leads to suffering

Superb™ Gaming

Yes I have trademarked the word "superb", fight me mods.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Everyone who thinks Loki isn't overpowered is a close minded scrub, it takes real intelligence not to counter build your opponents, not to buy key actives and not to mind your positioning, amirite? No, but seriously, if you realize that you don't have to build full squishball on your mages and assassins, if you realize you have to mind your positioning if you don’t have the health or defenses to survive an assassination (from Loki or anyone else) and you realize that most assassins actually have an escape, you also realize that Loki is, while not awful, certainly not great. If he gets fed, he will put in work (who doesn't?), but if you get past the point where his mechanics psych you out; you don't let his invisibility get into your head, but drop an AoE or a DoT on him, you ward properly so assassins in general don't pop out of the jungle and kill you, you listen for those sound queues so you know when players are using various abilities, even behind walls or, in Loki's case, when invisible, you'll still find him pretty hard to kill (he's not Serqet or Apollo, but still challenging), but he’s going to start putting in a lot less work than other assassins.

Junior Member Cupidhead leytonmonster's Avatar
    Wherever I have to be to get Dracula into smite
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    He could use a bit of nerfing on everything.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Take away the slow immu + dmg reduction, add dark color foot step visual effect on the ground, nerf the dot dmg and have him reveal himself if he uses a skill or an active while in stealth. If some of those changes get apply on him, it would be less annoying i think.

Loki stealth is also one of the many? skill that can get away from ares chain ( not the ult chain) without any active or ulting out

Loki dmg is also so much more higher then any other assassin (I could be totally wrong on this XD)
    Last edited by SomeBodyIsHere; 11-01-2015 at 05:50 AM.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Sorry dude, but you are way off. His scaling is pretty good and his base damage is okay, but all of his damage is concentrated in two abilities and they're about on par with Bastet's abilities, who has three different damaging abilities, plus a higher impact ultimate. Any speed boost over 25% can get you away from Ares' chains and most, like Loki's have slow immunity (Kukulkan, He Bo, Cabrakan).

Senior Member Prestigious xVIPx Superb's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 970
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SomeBodyIsHere View Post
    Loki dmg is also so much more higher then any other assassin (I could be totally wrong on this XD)
    Very wrong indeed.
    Hello! I'm the Tom Hiddleston of the forums!

BestLokiWW

Quote Originally Posted by TheLethalCorgi View Post
    Salt leads to anger
    Anger leads to hate
    Hate leads to suffering

Superb™ Gaming

Yes I have trademarked the word "superb", fight me mods.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 23
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    Sorry dude, but you are way off. His scaling is pretty good and his base damage is okay, but all of his damage is concentrated in two abilities and they're about on par with Bastet's abilities, who has three different damaging abilities, plus a higher impact ultimate. Any speed boost over 25% can get you away from Ares' chains and most, like Loki's have slow immunity (Kukulkan, He Bo, Cabrakan).
    Yeh I know I can be wayyyyy off on the dmg side XD. However, loki is the only assassin that can use his normal ability to get away from ares chain without the use of ult or active. (I know many mage have slow immu...but comparing an assassin with a mage or a guardian is just like comparing an apple with orange)

Honestly, any dmg deal to loki or when loki uses an ability when he stealth should dispel his vanish.
    Last edited by SomeBodyIsHere; 11-01-2015 at 06:24 PM.