Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Loki's stealth...

Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Achievements:
    Full Profile!

Thumbs up Loki's stealth...

I don't have any understanding for a freaking stealth ability paired with pretty much one-hit-kills....
    Why would there be a stealth character in an ESL-Title when he gets banned all the time anyways, because hes broken and annoying beyond comparison?

It's ridiculous how fast Loki kills you after showing up out of nowhere. You could argue of course, that there are plenty ways of countering him, eg. the "Scourge" skill from Bellona, which I play a lot, but then again, it's mistaken to assume someone can counter something he cannot see, successfully, on a regular basis, while (most likely) being attacked by the other enemies as well.

Loki is just annoying and extremely strong
    I... A god damn LOT of people don't want and NEED Loki in this game
    This game is a lot of fun, I've been hooked the past week nonstop, but Loki ruins it for me every time

I don't know if something like this would be possible, but I'm going to suggest it anyways:
    Could there be a poll or something about Loki and his stealth ability in particular, I don't mind Loki on his own, if there was a way to replace the stealth ability with something like a teleport/shadow step or whatever you could think of -just don't make him invisible-, then I believe this game would be enjoyable 100% of the time

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    People will always find a character to complain about with your arguments in my opinion. If not Loki, then Serqet, Ares, Apollo, Kumba, etc. I don't agree with your last statement, but it's true Loki can be annoying. It's also not true that he's banned all the time.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Achievements:
    Full Profile!
    Well, first of, i appreciate that u didn't hate xD
    Second, Loki gets banned a lot, really, mostly because he is annoying with his stealth
    I think it would be much less annoying if he had an ability like shadow step in, waste you, Shadowstep out, like the back-pounce from Bastet
    I just really can't take this annoying stealth
    And I really dislike some Gods because of their abilities, but I don't hate them since they are Gods like others
    People generally hate a lot when they cant win over something and bring excuses like: "So OP, nerf that shit!"
    I've won a lot against Loki, I've lost too, this is just about his stealth being super annoying

New Member Cupidhead Nephthysis's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    People will always find a character to complain about with your arguments in my opinion. If not Loki, then Serqet, Ares, Apollo, Kumba, etc. I don't agree with your last statement, but it's true Loki can be annoying. It's also not true that he's banned all the time.
    Using semantics against the OP is a poor argument. Loki and AK were still the top two bans last I checked (which granted wasn't this morning, but still). They both feature the same basic set of abilities: ultra-rapid burst damage, abilities that are extremely easy to hit, and an un-counterable (short of a blind stun) initiation and escape mechanism.

The "un-counterable" part is the worst offense, especially in Loki's case. AK is extremely unlikely to show up back-dooring your towers, but it is impossible to keep track of Loki after the ward nerf and as a physical damage dealer he can destroy an objective in seconds. The answer seems simple: sentry wards should reveal both of them, but I don't know what Hi-Rez's resistance to that is. Maybe it's just because "the other two" already use that as a counter.

Achievements:
    Full Profile!
    Though this thread is focused mainly on the stealth ability itself, as Loki wouldn't be as annoying without it, also isn't it an assassins job to put pressure on you or kill you with burst damage? That itself doesn't bother me as it is just what his job is

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 110
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    A lot of assassins in this game can have their burst countered or avoided with a well placed beads, positioning, or timing of your skills if you see them coming. The problem with Loki is his stealth which offers little to no counter play. Outside of Nu Wa's ult and Hou Yi's Mark, there is nothing in this game that can reveal him from his stealth, and don't even mention Mystical Mail because not everyone gets it and having it doesn't make his stealth any less obnoxious. If he's running away with it, you probably still can't catch him anyway since he gets slow immunity and a speed boost to boot during his stealth. That 25% damage reduction from all sources is just more salt on the wound.
    元.夕..口.占

Senior Member Honoured crippler38's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Mouhappai View Post
    A lot of assassins in this game can have their burst countered or avoided with a well placed beads, positioning, or timing of your skills if you see them coming. The problem with Loki is his stealth which offers little to no counter play. Outside of Nu Wa's ult and Hou Yi's Mark, there is nothing in this game that can reveal him from his stealth, and don't even mention Mystical Mail because not everyone gets it and having it doesn't make his stealth any less obnoxious. If he's running away with it, you probably still can't catch him anyway since he gets slow immunity and a speed boost to boot during his stealth. That 25% damage reduction from all sources is just more salt on the wound.
    ares chains and osiris tethers both follow him while he's invis, not a full reveal but they do show where he is exactly with little to no room to misunderstand where due to the floating ghost chain/tether

Achievements:
    Full Profile!
    So you are suggesting to only play Ares and Osiris every match in case there might be a Loki in the enemy team? No thanks mate
    Just remove either Loki or his stealth ability, its ridiculous.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Quote Originally Posted by TwiiLighT View Post
    So you are suggesting to only play Ares and Osiris every match in case there might be a Loki in the enemy team? No thanks mate
    Just remove either Loki or his stealth ability, its ridiculous.
    While Loki may be obnoxious, there's no reason to remove either. Change maybe, but not remove. There's good reason he's not played excessively in professional games or high tier play. All he offers is a quick poke and back dooring, but offers nothing in strategic fights.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,157
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Loki can have his damage reduction removed from stealth and I'd be fine with that. People yel Sol's 3 is bloated but no... Loki's 1 takes the cake for that.
    NOODLE FREEDOM FIGHTER!
    Also the potato queen

And Dragon princess
    Miyo is love. Miyo is MiyoBatman. Test.