View Poll Results: Nerf Zeus?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, let's actually balance the game.

40 62.50%
  • No, I don't think he's OP even with easily confirmed damage.

24 37.50%
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we *Nerf Zeus* already? He's braindead OP.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    Hmm... no.

Kali's best gamemode is 1v1 joust. I'd be a fool to accept that challenge without knowing how Zeus fares in the joust map. I don't really know the meta for the joust map very well; just that Vamana, Chang'e and Kali are really good there.
    im not talking about joust but conquest map 1vs1 with full builds and purple pot only and il build full dmg just the way kali always builds in cq
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    im not talking about joust but conquest map 1vs1 with full builds and purple pot only and il build full dmg just the way kali always builds in cq
    You can still dive tower while I can't, which is why Kali is so strong in 1v1 joust. And there's the matter of my playstyle being teamfight-oriented, and how I don't know how many mastery ranks you have on Kali.

If someone better than me at Zeus and 1v1 would step up I'd like to see the outcome though.

Senior Member Honoured BorneBlood's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Achievements:
    Party Person 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Zeus got a nerf boys, not much of a nerf but a little less confirmed damage. 90 projectile speed to 70 on shield toss.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    They just made his damage so so so so so easy to confirm and stronger which made him absurd since having no escape is not a problem in this meta with baby sitting jungler.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Was a good nerf, they cant nerf his damage so they hit his speed of confirmation.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    Was a good nerf, they cant nerf his damage so they hit his speed of confirmation.
    That was the main issue most of the people had here. Now they will search for a new reason because the dmg will still confirm.

New Member Cupidhead LollipopShotgun's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Been watching this for a bit now, but didn't want to comment without several games against Zeus. Using Nox to evaluate primarilly, I think the main problem to him is that he can constantly dish out tons of damage while staying at a very safe range and just maintain that range near infinitely. The shield is my concern here, but not for the damage so much as the cooldown rate.
    10 seconds CD base with a 5 second constant presence that effectively provides damage on demand is a ridiculous amount of pressure to be able to sustain on a lane in itself, coupled with being able to do that from further than most other Gods' abilities can reach makes him pretty overbearing. If the shield was on a longer cooldown of say 18seconds it would bring him more or less in line with healthy risk to reward factor, in my opinion, as well he could receive a bit of a damage buff to compensate for an increased logical kill window.
    This would put him more in line with Nu Wa and her summoned soldiers, but where she sees more crowd control he could continue being more geared to doing the blow everyone up in one combo thing (which seems to be most Zeus players' mode of operations anyway)
    Live life with all your might for one beautiful moment in time.

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post
    That was the main issue most of the people had here. Now they will search for a new reason because the dmg will still confirm.
    He won't get anymore nerfs unless they have to do with confirmation or utility.

All Zeus brings is damage, so if that gets nerfed he'll probably be unviable... again...
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 82%, Points required for next Level: 208
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    He won't get anymore nerfs unless they have to do with confirmation or utility.

All Zeus brings is damage, so if that gets nerfed he'll probably be unviable... again...
    Another solution to the nerf was instead of nerfing the speed instead make the shield have startup on the throw like the time he was bugged in the pts. Not as long but 75% of that delay.

Honestly Making gods like Zeus,KKK and Bat and Rat were damage is the only thing they do is way too hard to balance because kill the damage and you kill their entire existence.
    That's why Hirez should stop making gods like that since they are a design mess.

Why go Kukulkan when you can go Zeus, Why Bastet or Rat over Tho
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 10-30-2015 at 10:39 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead leytonmonster's Avatar
    Wherever I have to be to get Dracula into smite
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Veteran 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    ZUES OP! idk how they don't notice how op these gods are BEFORE launch