View Poll Results: Nerf Zeus?

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, let's actually balance the game.

40 62.50%
  • No, I don't think he's OP even with easily confirmed damage.

24 37.50%
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Can we *Nerf Zeus* already? He's braindead OP.

Senior Member Honoured BorneBlood's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Achievements:
    Party Person 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Can we *Nerf Zeus* already? He's braindead OP.

Doesn't matter if he has no evade when he can literally 2 shot you end game, and 2000 DMG stone of gia tanky warrior with 2 skills (double pen ftw). This is a fact, btw. His ulti is just stupid now and can be used defensively too.

Anyone's thoughts who actually plays zeus regularly or went against him? 1, 2, dead with close to hunter dmg auto attacks (300 dmg +).

I'll make a poll.
    Last edited by BorneBlood; 10-17-2015 at 02:36 AM.

Senior Member Prestigious xVIPx Superb's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 970
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    XBOX doesn't have the new Zeus so I can't sympathize, his kit looks as if it makes him extremely vulnerable to assassins.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by xVIPx Superb View Post
    XBOX doesn't have the new Zeus so I can't sympathize, his kit looks as if it makes him extremely vulnerable to assassins.
    It's pretty much just smash hands on keyboard and do 2000 damage. Get near him you're dead. A good zeus won't be alone and will have actives, will play safe early too so he can hyper carry late game. I don't want him in ranked lol, most people who play him and do well, win the game even agree he's stupid OP right now. This is why I made the thread. There's nothing more unbalanced than gods who run around doing 2000 damage in 2 seconds with long range AOE.

Thanks for the votes.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Zeus Op ? He is only viable in mid where he is not even mid tier pick.

-His mana costs are high and his waveclear is slow.
    -No escape or walkspeed buff.
    -His shield is easy to dodge and to predict. Means you see the combo coming.

Also his dmg is not easy to hit because early and mid Zeus should use the shield mostly to clear waves. If he uses it to dmg the enemy he cant clear the wave fast enough. So if you play def or just push the lane Zeus cant do anything.

This game is mostly (yes mostly because right now even there its unbalanced) balanced around 5v5 conquest.

Senior Member Honoured crippler38's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post

Also his dmg is not easy to hit because early and mid Zeus should use the shield mostly to clear waves. If he uses it to dmg the enemy he cant clear the wave fast enough. So if you play def or just push the lane Zeus cant do anything.

This game is mostly (yes mostly because right now even there its unbalanced) balanced around 5v5 conquest.
    while that's true if you happen to run into him without an ally nearby you're dead (or really hurt) late game because he quite literally cannot miss chain lightning with the shield existing, even if he misses the shield he still gets a full chain lightning and detonate on you, which can be frustrating from the few times I've played against him. Not mind blowingly op but honestly he can't miss any of his abilities except his shield, which isn't a major problem to miss but if it does hit his chain lightning gets extra damage on it, and his ult. His ult being a massive circle.

my point being that he can be super frustrating to fight against due to his near inability to miss his damage unless you happen to have a friend along but if we're going off that he has a friend along too, and he still has good aoe damage. Honestly even if his damage isn't the greatest the fact that it's guaranteed can be incredibly annoying.

Senior Member Chosen EconomicSuicide's Avatar
    Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 340
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Zeus just got buffed. I want his stun back honestly, but his insane damage comes from no mobility or cc. Deal with it. Burst him before he burst you. Loki is worse and zeus should get 2 nerfs before that ass hole gets 1.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post

Mana? Really? A mage complaining about having no mana, rofl.
    If he had one he would be SSS tier. That's the point he doesn't need one because he hits like a truck, can literally 2 shot you out of nowhere and can't miss his skills very often.
    His shield toss is so easy to hit, you literally just throw it and they die. It still made him a glass cannon, one that can 2 shot your ass, not to mention his AA can lead to a detonate which does half your HP already.

Lol what? Zeus has amazing clear right now, if anything sit under tower and clear minions. If you're having trouble wave cleaving in lane or in lane on zeus you're doing something awfully wrong.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. Conquest.
    in red for ya, I really don't think you realize he can 2 shot you with his team to back him, thus doesn't need an escape (actives exist you know).
    Last edited by BorneBlood; 10-17-2015 at 03:12 PM.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    What I find ridiculous is how just throwing his shield can instantly kill a squishy.
    It also allows him to process ridiculous amounts of damage in a such a short window of time.
    Zeus is one of those gods who can destroy you at point-blank range if you gank.
    His shield throw simply means he doesn't need his ult anymore to do it.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Senior Member Prestigious BobKetchup's Avatar
    In a Heinz Ketchup Bottle crying because I realized I misspelled ketchup in my location for 6 months
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 998
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by Enigmatisty View Post
    What I find ridiculous is how just throwing his shield can instantly kill a squishy.
    It also allows him to process ridiculous amounts of damage in a such a short window of time.
    Zeus is one of those gods who can destroy you at point-blank range if you gank.
    His shield throw simply means he doesn't need his ult anymore to do it.
    Yeah I've just ran around my shield and spammed my abilities into it to survive ganks. He's braindead to play with high reward. way worse than Loki.
    Half of what I say is a joke.
    http://niceme.me/
    Survivor Ullr is Billy Mays
    My Top Warriors: Bellona Ravana Amaterasu
    My Top Assassins: Fenrir Thor Mercury
    My Top 3 Guardians: Ares Xing Tian Sobek
    My Top 3 Mages: Hades Sol Zeus
    My Top 3 Hunters: Ullr Hou Yi Medusa

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,671
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by BorneBlood View Post
    Mana? Really? A mage complaining about having no mana, rofl.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.