Thread: Google's HORRIBLE Youtube App Update (10.38)

Senior Member Prestigious Najh98's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Veteran

Google's HORRIBLE Youtube App Update (10.38)

Two days ago, Google updated their Youtube App as well as the website on the PC. (So I've heard) For iPhones, this app is atrocious in my opinion. The banner at the top takes unneeded space. I dislike the new UI. Everything is just terrible.

The one thing that sets me off is the subscription box. Holy hell, who authorizes these updates? Really? One video takes up half the screen and a second one is cut off at the very bottom. Two videos shown for the WHOLE screen? Jesus. The older version was a lot better. They need to revert to the older version. The videos need to be at least the size of your thumb. That's how small at minimum they should be. Not taking up the entire screen. Someone needs to get fired.

"...with the new user interface you should be able to find your favorite content a lot easier since everything is one tap away, hidden behind one of the icons at the top of the app's interface." My ass.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    It's always fun when someone on a forum completely unrelated to any feedback site demands to get someone fired because they did not like one change in one specific version of a free product.

But yeah, it does seem to be a bit of wasted screen space on the subscription screen.
    Last edited by Ijee; 10-08-2015 at 05:05 AM.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Najh98 View Post
    iPhones, .
    that's your issue right there

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijee View Post
    It's always fun when someone on a forum completely unrelated to any feedback site demands to get someone fired because they did not like one change in one specific version of a free product.

But yeah, it does seem to be a bit of wasted screen space on the subscription screen.
    Keep the sass down to zero, his thread is perfectly valid

On my end, I don't like the new update either. It always seems to remove the search bar when I've pulled up videos and want to find a new one (on iPhones), forcing me to force close then re-open the app.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Senior Member Prestigious Najh98's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijee View Post

This hasn't been because of one change, it's been because of the multiple changes throughout the app's history since Google bought it. I just decided to complain about it now. I'm very patient and was hoping they would fix the app before, but that obviously didn't happen.

Otaku Mod Infamous MiyobiKumagawa's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 818
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 25000 Experience Points Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender Party Person
    Awards:
    Most Popular
    Google has been known to make horrible decisions when it comes to Youtube from their disgusting video claim system to the past history of shoving Google+ down the throats of customers. They've pretty much show they are not adept enough to even concern themselves with Youtube.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    Google has been known to make horrible decisions when it comes to Youtube from their disgusting video claim system to the past history of shoving Google+ down the throats of customers. They've pretty much show they are not adept enough to even concern themselves with Youtube.
    Yeah, it just got worse with each iteration. But a lot of the things that have been removed or changed
    such as the customisation you once had over your channel is mostly just the result to unify desktop and
    mobile. I stopped looking through my subscriptions when it reached 100+ because of some channels
    which uploaded maybe 5 videos a day. One thing I would really like is to create subscription lists that
    only show uploads of those inside the list.

Anyway, I only use the youtube app for my Fire Tv at the moment - so I am not really sure what they changed recently.

Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    Keep the sass down to zero, his thread is perfectly valid
    Alright, sorry. It's just a phrase I see quite often for feedbaack.

Speaking of Sass - not sass - (Syntactically Awesome Stylesheets) you should try it out if you like play around with CSS.