Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What do you think of a new physical item which contains attack speed and crit chance.

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Rage used to give attack speed. It got nerfed a long time ago. But honestly I think that a crit item that gives attack speed isn't a bad idea as long as the crit and attack speed are modest. It's just, rage shouldn't be in the game at all. I'd rather have more interesting choices for crit items since rage is such a good item on basic attackers to the point that there's almost no reason not to buy it on them. There's no reason for crit to be chance-based with an item that increases the chance just by using it. Getting rid of rage and replacing it with a few new choices would be the best way to keep crit strong while making it make more sense overall.

Here's some examples:
    A rage-like crit item that increases crit chance when you use abilities by 20% per ability used, refreshed when you hit a basic. Basically a hun batz passive in item form.

A bancrofts-like crit item that increases crit damage based on your current HP.

Or the opposite of that, increasing crit damage at higher levels of health but lowering it when you take damage. Like that shield item, but without the defensive buff.

A crit item that reduces enemy crit chance or enemy crit damage.

A crit item that gives pen, just get rid of The Crusher in exchange since nobody likes it.

One that causes you to always crit but reduces the crit damage modifier significantly, for attack speed builds.

Or a stacking crit item of some sort.
    Last edited by RippleApple; 10-07-2015 at 08:28 AM.

Forum Moderator Honoured AlexError's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! 1 year registered Arm of the Law! Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    Rage used to give attack speed. It got nerfed a long time ago. But honestly I think that a crit item that gives attack speed isn't a bad idea as long as the crit and attack speed are modest. It's just, rage shouldn't be in the game at all. I'd rather have more interesting choices for crit items since rage is such a good item on basic attackers to the point that there's almost no reason not to buy it on them. There's no reason for crit to be chance-based with an item that increases the chance just by using it. Getting rid of rage and replacing it with a few new choices would be the best way to keep crit strong while making it make more sense overall.
    Rage adds reliability to crits, so hunters are actually relevant with a crit build. In my opinion, its the fact that every physical god starts off with +100% crit damage automatically and Deatbringer which are the issues.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

If you have any queries about moderation or any miscellaneous questions, send me a PM. If you want to leave feedback about a moderator, use this form. If you want to view the Code of Conduct, click here.

Remember to use the report function to direct the moderators straight to the post!

Senior Member Honoured Jezereal's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexError View Post
    Rage adds reliability to crits, so hunters are actually relevant with a crit build. In my opinion, its the fact that every physical god starts off with +100% crit damage automatically and Deatbringer which are the issues.
    Dat vertigo avatar though. DAAAAAAAM. Those days of funorb.
    I can carry you in Omnipotence game mode, or any other with 80% CDR, send me an invite IGN: Jezereal
    The 10k post award belongs to bob.
    This man deserves a medal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    If you're gonna keep posting without reading anything, you better not even show yourself in the topic.

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexError View Post
    Deathbringer by itself isn't a problem, though, and malice isn't a very good item in and of itself. A 20% chance to do 140% more damage isn't really that much at all. When you add rage into the mix, that's a 50% chance that increases by 10% every time it doesn't crit. That's way too high a chance for such a high payoff.

One time I didn't crit four times in a row with that setup. Because I was unlucky, I was unable to box my opponent, so I died, whereas they crit four times in a row with the same setup. That's how crit should work, and yet that's literally only happened once to me so far in over 1000 games played. It's because rage is too good of an item, not deathbringer.

Maybe if you could only buy one crit item from that tree it would be more balanced.

Senior Member Prestigious AlexNemesis's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,382
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Tagger Second Class Party Person 25000 Experience Points Veteran
    Well, I really hope we get that combo in an item, Crits are there to keep the game balanced in my idea. Or Tank meta which is the worst and boring meta can destroy the fun, just like LOL now or strong guardians released and buffed in smite.
    Vi, Goddess Of Wrecking

Retired Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 1,547
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    if an item was made with attack speed along with crit it would probably become a core item... so nty.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 252
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by KAKLAW View Post
    Crits aren't OP.

Limited itemization against them and protections sufficient enough to deal with crits being feasilbly built on two roles at best is.
    That's probably the worst idea ever. If there would be a protection item that could deal with crits then everybody would build it because it would make any other forms of damage a complete breeze. If you mean something which targets Crits specifically there is such an item and it's called Celestial Helm but it still needs some work. I think the refresh should be once every 3 seconds which would force a Hunter to counterbuild that with more AS. Remove that +40 MP for 3 secs crap from it too.

I find Warrior hybrid builds impossible to defeat when boxing anyway since they almost all have gap closers or CC to close the gap on you. Take Chaac or Herc for example. By the time you shred through their healing as a Hunter or Assassin you are probably dead. Hell, a properly built Ymir and some Guardians can also outbox an Assassin/Hunter, key word here being EVENTUALLY. Simply a game of who can outlast the other.
    Last edited by IFlip92; 10-07-2015 at 09:46 PM.

Senior Member Honoured MaverickSlayer's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 790
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post
    Maybe if you could only buy one crit item from that tree it would be more balanced.
    This, if you have rage and malice or Death Bringer you are virtually guaranteed to crit multiple times in a row within one battle. The problem with crits is that the RNG is too generous, because you can just stack crit chance so that you crit 75% of the time. Hell, I even see people with all 3 main crit items from time to time, and when they do they literally always kill hunters, assassins and mages who are building damage in 2 basic attacks. If you were limited to one item in the tree it would be more balanced, because it would actually be RNG and not "Buy these two items to hit for 700 on your basic attacks almost every time!"

Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 738
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by IFlip92 View Post
    That's probably the worst idea ever. If there would be a protection item that could deal with crits then everybody would build it because it would make any other forms of damage a complete breeze. If you mean something which targets Crits specifically there is such an item and it's called Celestial Helm but it still needs some work. I think the refresh should be once every 3 seconds which would force a Hunter to counterbuild that with more AS. Remove that +40 MP for 3 secs crap from it too.

I find Warrior hybrid builds impossible to defeat when boxing anyway since they almost all have gap closers or CC to close the gap on you. Take Chaac or Herc for example. By the time you shred through their healing as a Hunter or Assassin you are probably dead. Hell, a properly built Ymir and some Guardians can also outbox an Assassin/Hunter, key word here being EVENTUALLY. Simply a game of who can outlast the other.
    Until non crit builds become viable then crit will remain a balancing issue because to counter crit with good items those items also spill into other niches like how MM can do so much everything with it's massive price.
    Last edited by KAKLAW; 10-29-2015 at 11:54 PM.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 511
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Diamond Loki players are like pennies. Cheap, Useless in long team fights and EVERYONE has one.

Yes I still get Hog 3 on Ares( as his ult CANT secure objectives like ymir's) unless a greater need is shown.