Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Forum Moderator Application | October, 2015

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Doing our best to keep the forums as a stable and welcoming community is its own reward

Level completed: 48%, Points required for next Level: 579
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    of course, since you are irishpotato you can think that way.every character has their own idea of reward. i for example can handle a little instability for some amusement and surprise
    but if i am a mod it feels like there will be a internal conflict within me.should i be more a gamer or a mod? did i put an extra smiley there? lots and lots of insecurities.. i shouldnt have said or done that perhaps? i posted five times this months in vent thread what kind of a mod am i?i suspended the poor person, he is probably very angry or upset now. yeah things like these. what should be the reward for all these? i am not sure. i am kinda expensive. both insecure and expensive. lol. whatever that is.Also i like being personal. mods need to be a little distant.
    Anyway, I hope forum finds the best of mods.
    Signatures are good things.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Well there isn't a reward at all. Literally.

Also we're people and players first, moderators second. We're allowed to be personal and friendly, and don't need to be distant. Distant != Professionalism.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    Well there isn't a reward at all. Literally.

Also we're people and players first, moderators second. We're allowed to be personal and friendly, and don't need to be distant. Distant != Professionalism.
    ok. you convinced me i am applying. but see how easily i am convinced when judging my application

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Senior Member Prestigious xVIPx Superb's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 970
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    You can still be a mod and have fun, you'd just have to be respectful to everyone and watch your words and tone
    Hello! I'm the Tom Hiddleston of the forums!

BestLokiWW

Quote Originally Posted by TheLethalCorgi View Post
    Salt leads to anger
    Anger leads to hate
    Hate leads to suffering

Superb™ Gaming

Yes I have trademarked the word "superb", fight me mods.

Senior Member Prestigious BobKetchup's Avatar
    In a Heinz Ketchup Bottle crying because I realized I misspelled ketchup in my location for 6 months
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 998
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by xVIPx Superb View Post
    You can still be a mod and have fun, you'd just have to be respectful to everyone and watch your words and tone
    Yeah like when irish said something funny and said he'd accept his own infraction xD
    Half of what I say is a joke.
    http://niceme.me/
    Survivor Ullr is Billy Mays
    My Top Warriors: Bellona Ravana Amaterasu
    My Top Assassins: Fenrir Thor Mercury
    My Top 3 Guardians: Ares Xing Tian Sobek
    My Top 3 Mages: Hades Sol Zeus
    My Top 3 Hunters: Ullr Hou Yi Medusa

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by xVIPx Superb View Post
    wait a minute this is everybody's ought to be thing. ah! i have a wonderful idea. here is my campaign slogan `i will make everybody moderator!` hahha!

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by BobKetchup View Post
    Yeah like when irish said something funny and said he'd accept his own infraction xD
    saying funny things allowed. i read the forum code of conduct just now. nothing against it. it is a shame that i read it after months just now while applying. if everybody is like me this means i have a very correct campaign slogan everybody should be moderator.

but i applied for a language subforum. then...first...i can set up my own kingdom there.i make everbody in it moderators then i will invade other subforums.hm.sounds like a nice plan.i liked it.
    Last edited by Loulina; 10-22-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 74
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Being a mod strikes me as too similar to being a prefect at my old college. You have power over your peers despite not necessarily having much better judgement. Maybe I'm just a little anarchist in the making...

Also, I've seen too many threads get closed without agreeing with the decision, so I probably wouldn't make a good fit. And I'm not always on the forums. Pass.

Senior Member Prestigious xVIPx Superb's Avatar
    Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 970
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Magikabula View Post
    Being a mod strikes me as too similar to being a prefect at my old college. You have power over your peers despite not necessarily having much better judgement. Maybe I'm just a little anarchist in the making...

Also, I've seen too many threads get closed without agreeing with the decision, so I probably wouldn't make a good fit. And I'm not always on the forums. Pass.
    I think they pick the mods well, they do their best to remain indifferent when an argument erupts, and they handle it well.