View Poll Results: Would implimenting Conquest Premade benefit the game?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 64.29%
  • No

5 35.71%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's Talk About Conquest Premade & Why It's Important to the Quality of Gaming

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Exclamation Let's Talk About Conquest Premade & Importance of Gaming Quality

Let's Talk about (the lack of) Conquest Premade

Hi there. My name is Bailey, also known as Baylze in-game, and I main Support for my clan. We often play in a party of 5 and in most of these games, we're paired against a group of SMITE players who don't boast the same clan tag. This is the part where we assume that SMITE matchmaking has put a group of 5 random players in a party, and decided to pair them with a full party of 5, in a clan.

Unfortunately for the 5 people on the other team that most likely have never played together and have no means of communication between the 5 of them, me and my clan are in TeamSpeak 3, have a deep understanding of the game and have really good communication skills.

Before you look up my history and find that I don't win all of my conquest games, I'd like you to know that I've also been on the opposite end of this situation. I despise going into conquest games and being paired against a group of 5 people, because I know that they're in a communication program, I know they know how to call important information and I know me and my team of random people are already at a disadvantage.

Conquest Premade should be re-implemented into SMITE. For the following reasons (feel free to discuss, this is by no means a one-man-rant):
    • This WILL decrease the amount of flaming/hatred towards premades.
    • It will generate a fair conquest game for clans
    • People queueing as 1/2/3's won't have to put up with us premades.
    • The draft-pick system is incredible for training clans for potential professional play/tournaments.
    • The quality of gaming, if the match is Premade vs Premade - will be increased

With this, I pose the question to HiRez; why was Conquest Premade removed? Playerbase too small? Toxicity? Why?

Conquest Premade will improve the quality of gaming/matchmaking in SMITE from a whole community perspective. Creating the divide between Premade (5 man) play and Normal (1/2/3/4 man) play will simply lead to a higher standard of gaming.

Agree? Disagree?

Discuss. Debate.
    What do you think of Conquest Premade?

*Poll should say 'Implemented', apologies for the typo
    Last edited by Baylze; 09-27-2015 at 10:14 AM.
    -=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

ETHEREAL eSPORTS
    Community Manager
    Click here for Ethereal's SMITE Thread
    --> Apply for Ethereal eSports! <--

www.Ethereal-SMITE.eu
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Yes. I agree 100%, I still remember the disappointment I felt the day it was removed

Level completed: 89%, Points required for next Level: 56
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 500 Experience Points
    VVY! This gamemode needs to be bought back, not purely for the balancing side, but also so it makes it more tactical and strategy based when playing against others.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Jechtz View Post
    VVY! This gamemode needs to be bought back, not purely for the balancing side, but also so it makes it more tactical and strategy based when playing against others.
    There was no strategy in that mode, it had worse Matchmaking than Domination and Siege combined.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Honoured Sepherim's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Player base was way too small for it to work. You had to wait too many minutes for a match to start and, since there were too few groups playing, you'd usually get another premade composed by players of a whole different levels, so it used to be on side stomping on the other. So it was mostly unplayable.

I think it is currently fine as it is. You keep winning and you'll get higher elo with your team which will pair you with tougher opponents, be them premade or not. And since the game's MM favors facing a premade with anotherone, you end up having pretty decent fights. Miss the bans, though, but it's casual afterall.
    Tribulaciones de la Clase Ociosa: http://tribulaciones.es/

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Lately when I solo que into a 5 man premade group (and it happens a lot) with an overall higher elo than my team I just close Smite and go play something else. i advise other people that are frustrated and being bullied by this kind of Hirez mm to do the same. They made their decision and it is time that player base do the same.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 477
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by R3Vision View Post
    Lately when I solo que into a 5 man premade group (and it happens a lot) with an overall higher elo than my team I just close Smite and go play something else. i advise other people that are frustrated and being bullied by this kind of Hirez mm to do the same. They made their decision and it is time that player base do the same.
    This is why we need Premade back in the game. :/

ETHEREAL eSPORTS
    Community Manager
    Click here for Ethereal's SMITE Thread
    --> Apply for Ethereal eSports! <--

www.Ethereal-SMITE.eu
    ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by R3Vision View Post
    You can't see people's clan tag until you're at the loading screen, so you abandon your team who needed you most in that situation. Scumbag.
    "Ah, you seem to be bleeding. How very... human, of you."

Senior Member Honoured Sepherim's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Joykilla199 View Post
    You can't see people's clan tag until you're at the loading screen, so you abandon your team who needed you most in that situation. Scumbag.
    Could have been said with more words, but not clearer.
    Tribulaciones de la Clase Ociosa: http://tribulaciones.es/

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    What is it with people treating premades like its some kind of godmode, autowin, press-this-button-to-win thingy? I mostly queue with 4-5 man party and we win maybe 45% of our matches. Yes, that may mean we are bad but that is exactly my point. Premades have just as many crappy people as solo queuers. And they are not all on curse or ts. And they all don't have perfect understanding how the game works. I feel like you have very close to same winning chance against a premade than against 5xsolo queuers.