Thread: Smite Ranked TP Logic *PLEASE READ*

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points

Smite Ranked TP Logic *PLEASE READ*

So, thinking about the ranked TP system for Leagues Conquest, from what I and others have experienced, I've come up with a theory of Hi-Rez's TP system.

If you're top ELO/highest ranked, if you do well against people from plat/gold, you get 4-8 TP (Usually 6) But from 2 recent matches I have had, I got 16 and 18 TP in a row against Diamonds, Plats, and Golds, I am Diamond myself so I am confused of how it gave me that much. But, if you do fairly well, not bad like: 3/6/13 for example, but if you do: 9/3/13, you'd get 6-12 TP from what I have experienced.

BUT...if you do very well and still lose, you'd lose 12-16 TP...why? I don't understand this at all. Look at one of my matches stats: 188186508 (Match ID), I was the Chaac in that match, look at how much better I did than my team AND the enemy team, highest level, top on gold, top on player damage, I lost >16< TP for that...WHY? Why must the best player lose so much TP when his/her team let them down? Why should they take the biggest hit? It's unfair for the player that gains 6 TP for a win, and loses 16 TP for a loss...that's 3 matches down the drain right there, which is why it is so hard for me and other players to progress to higher ranks. In my opinion, I should be at least Diamond III or II by now, I have been Diamond V since the start of June and cannot progress out of it because of how little TP I gain and how much TP I lose a match...

So, if you're top ELO and you want to progress...don't carry...if your team is going to lose, just do whatever, you're going to lose 14-16 TP anyway. If your team is going to win, stop killing everyone, let your team get the kills.

Thank you for taking time to read this

-Morphian/FrostyTR

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Here is the Smite Guru for that match: http://smite.guru/match/hr/188186508
    My best guess as to why you lost so much TP is because you were ranked so much higher than nearly anyone on the enemy team. Only 1 of them was close to you. Everyone else was at least 200 points less, with one person being 600 points less. Unless they've changed things, if you lose a match the matchmaking thinks you should have won, you lose more TP than if you had lost a match you were supposed to lose.

Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 1
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 250 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Teevell View Post
    Here is the Smite Guru for that match: http://smite.guru/match/hr/188186508
    My best guess as to why you lost so much TP is because you were ranked so much higher than nearly anyone on the enemy team. Only 1 of them was close to you. Everyone else was at least 200 points less, with one person being 600 points less. Unless they've changed things, if you lose a match the matchmaking thinks you should have won, you lose more TP than if you had lost a match you were supposed to lose.
    I know I was the highest ranked in the match, but if you read what I said, I did the best in that whole match, I still don't get why they have to punish me for losing when it was my team that lost us the game.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 493
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Morphian View Post
    I know I was the highest ranked in the match, but if you read what I said, I did the best in that whole match, I still don't get why they have to punish me for losing when it was my team that lost us the game.
    If you read what I wrote, you would have noted the part where I said that if the matchmaking thinks you should have won the match, but you lost it instead, you'd lose more TP than if you lost a match you were supposed to lose.

Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    sigh, alright. I dont care to go into depth, use the forum search engine if you want that.
    So lets get to it.
    Talking about TP ill copy paste a previous post of mine:

Your TP gain and lose is tied with elo compared to division/tier. So in your case the game thinks that (since you got 1060 elo) you should be in silver 1 instead of gold V. Meaning that any lose will give you a big TP lose, while a win will give you a small TP gain. That will continue until you have gotten enough elo that the game thinks you belong in gold V.
    On the other hand the game looks at your friends 1,490 elo and think he is just perfect for plat V. Meaning that a lose doesnt hurt his TP that much, but with time and even more elo losses he will get the same treatment.
    Thats another way of saying that elo compared to tier/division is really important since its your elo that determines your TP lose/gain.
    Elo and TP gain or lose has nothing, absolutely NOTHING to do with stats. You can feed your brains out and died 20 times or hard carry and never die, it doesnt matter.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Konfuzfanten View Post
    sigh, alright. I dont care to go into depth, use the forum search engine if you want that.
    So lets get to it.
    Talking about TP ill copy paste a previous post of mine:

Your TP gain and lose is tied with elo compared to division/tier. So in your case the game thinks that (since you got 1060 elo) you should be in silver 1 instead of gold V. Meaning that any lose will give you a big TP lose, while a win will give you a small TP gain. That will continue until you have gotten enough elo that the game thinks you belong in gold V.
    im nearly 2100 elo as plat II you will only see 1858 becuz i hided my stats and it didnt count elo for my next 20 league games wich was 17 win and 3 lose so thats rougly 200elo anyway TP doesnt make sense sometimes i lose few TP sometimes i simply lose 14-18
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    im nearly 2100 elo as plat II you will only see 1858 becuz i hided my stats and it didnt count elo for my next 20 league games wich was 17 win and 3 lose so thats rougly 200elo anyway TP doesnt make sense sometimes i lose few TP sometimes i simply lose 14-18
    If I'm not mistaking you lose more when you lose against low elo players and lose less against high elo players,
    if you surrender you lose more, if you don't you lose less
    if you do well you lose less, if you do bad you lose more
    if you lose a game fast like 10-20-30 you lose more, if you lose slowly like 30-40-50 you lose less.

Hope it helps a bit more than the FAQ.
    Numberless reality vision of infinity sha la la la sha la la la la la sha la la la sha la la la la

Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by HyperionCore View Post
    If I'm not mistaking you lose more when you lose against low elo players and lose less against high elo players
    Are we talking TP or Elo?
    Elo: yes
    TP: doesnt matter

if you surrender you lose more, if you don't you lose less
    Not 100%, but 95% sure that F6 doesnt matter when it comes to TP or Elo lose/gain.

if you do well you lose less, if you do bad you lose more
    100% false. It was like that waaay back in season 0, they changed it nearly a year ago.

if you lose a game fast like 10-20-30 you lose more, if you lose slowly like 30-40-50 you lose less.
    Length of match should have zero impact on TP or Elo gain/lose.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    When you hide your stats its impossible for me to give you a good explanation. yea it sucks. But the way i explained the TP/elo system is how it works or at least SHOULD Work, again we all know how MM should work and how its currently working (not starting a debat on MM).
    EDIT: lol at your ridiculous win% /salute
    Last edited by Konfuzfanten; 09-29-2015 at 05:57 AM.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Killera91's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 146
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    League TP system is just broken...