Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let's discuss items and gamemodes.

Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 692
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Let's discuss items and gamemodes.

Let's face it, item/god nerfs are made for only one gamemode: Conquest. Even though everything might be fine on one gamemode it can be OP in another gamemode. ( Full CD Ares arena i'm looking at you.)

Now, for me blink nerf just made Arena so boring its disgusting. Initiations are prolongued and saying hi right in the enemies' face isnt really the better option here, same thing goes for Assault. I believe certain items should be left alone in certain gamemodes as they posses no threat to balance whatsoever, in fact they make said gamemode more engaging and fun. Other items such as Weakening curse got nerfed when in Assault/Arena its needed if you dont have a coordinated team and you want to get the job done, which is 80% of the time.

TL;DR: Let Conquest have all the nerfs they want but leave the other gamemodes alone.
    Guardians Hunters Assassins Mages Warriors
    1.Ares
    2.Athena
    3.Cabrakan
    1.Xbalanque
    2.Hou yi
    3.Medusa
    1.Fenrir
    2.Bastet
    3.Thanatos
    1.Agni (soon to be Sol)
    2.Scylla
    3.Anubis
    1.Tyr
    2.Odin
    3.Sun WuKong

Credit to this table goes to VeryCerealMilk.

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    So, you want Ares to stay the cancer of arena? With 70sec blink he will be much more pleasant to deal with. Also don't have to fear Tyr that much anymore.

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    I'll admit, with the Blink and Weakening nerf Arena fucking blows now. Every game now is just cheese comps with healers and broken ass Khepri because there's nothing to counter them with.

Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    I'll admit, with the Blink and Weakening nerf Arena fucking blows now. Every game now is just cheese comps with healers and broken ass Khepri because there's nothing to counter them with.
    Odin still hard counters healers. If you dont like the cheese healer comps, pick Odin every game.

Quote Originally Posted by lNogard View Post
    ...Even though everything might be fine on one gamemode it can be OP in another gamemode. ( Full CD Ares arena i'm looking at you.). Now, for me blink nerf just made Arena so boring its disgusting.
    Wait so you think that Ares is OP/broken in Arena (he isnt), but you dont want blink nerfed. One of the main reasons why some people complain about Ares in Arena was 45 sec blink.

Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Konfuzfanten View Post
    Odin still hard counters healers. If you dont like the cheese healer comps, pick Odin every game.
    I shouldn't have to pick the same god every game just because there might be a Healer, I actually want to enjoy myself.

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Khepri is worse on arena than in conq and even there he is behind Geb and Athena.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Outso187 View Post
    Khepri is worse on arena than in conq and even there he is behind Geb and Athena.
    Constant damage mitigation and revival is broken as fuck, and the extra farm Arena gives makes it easier for him.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by Konfuzfanten View Post
    Wait so you think that Ares is OP/broken in Arena (he isnt)
    If getting hit by one ability means 100 % sure death, that spells broken to me.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 2,052
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    The blink nerf forces people to diversify their gameplay. Arena and Assault mode... Those modes were constant "I will just blink and ult" followed by a period of waiting to rinse and repeat in so many matches. That's boring and disgusting.

Achievements:
    Constant damage mitigation and revival is broken as fuck, and the extra farm Arena gives makes it easier for him.
    You can't keep that mitigation up all the time and one-man revival with 90sec cooldown just means you save one guy rarely and you lack real teamfight ult. If you want a lifesaver, go for Geb, at least he has more presence.
    Rip & Tear