Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Smite's Report System

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexError View Post
    I don't remember anything like this being requested.

When you think about a report system and the sheer number of reports HiRez receives, both genuine reports and false positives/negatives, then they has to be some automated system that deals with the initial stages. For instance, sorting by which players has the most reports; keywords in the reports like "dc" or "leaver" which are discarded since they are pretty much dealt with automatically using the deserter system. AFKs are not dealt with though, so reporting is necessary for these players.
    Must've been my imagination then.

An automatic system is nice and all, but the fact that the only reports that seem to do anything are ones that go via support tickets or on popular streams is either a problem with community confidence in the report system, lack of followup with the report system or a flaw in their automated system letting too many through the cracks. In which case it could probably do with further complexity, which a greater range of options for reporting would contribute to. Religious harassment or racism/sexism would both be high-priority report categories, for example, and should be looked at with greater scrutiny.

I'd personally also like to see a report category for false reports. I'm personally guilty of having reported people falsely in the past, which I should've been reported specifically for and punished in some way around when it happened.

Which leads to another problem with the whole "In the dark" nature of reports in Smite: When might I get punished if I have a history of BM? Suppose I don't BM someone for a year. Might I get banned for something I said a year prior because, as a hypothetical, my grandmother happened to die and I got particularly angry when someone insulted her? I don't know. There's not enough transparency.
    Last edited by RippleApple; 09-25-2015 at 10:18 AM.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post

An automatic system is nice and all, but the fact that the only reports that seem to do anything are ones that go via support tickets or on popular streams is either a problem with community confidence in the report system, lack of followup with the report system or a flaw in their automated system letting too many through the cracks. In which case it could probably do with further complexity, which a greater range of options for reporting would contribute to. Religious harassment or racism/sexism would both be high-priority report categories, for example.
    You're not wrong and I completely agree with you. We can definitely look into this and try to give possible feedback...cough cough HiRezKaostic. There are so many factors to take into account involving reports though, it's not a black and white topic.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Forum Moderator Honoured AlexError's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! 1 year registered Arm of the Law! Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RippleApple View Post

An automatic system is nice and all, but the fact that the only reports that seem to do anything are ones that go via support tickets or on popular streams is either a problem with community confidence in the report system, lack of followup with the report system or a flaw in their automated system letting too many through the cracks. In which case it could probably do with further complexity, which a greater range of options for reporting would contribute to. Religious harassment or racism/sexism would both be high-priority report categories, for example.
    I think a good addition would be to notify a user that a player they have reported has had action taken against them. DotA2 has this: http://i.imgur.com/JJdp6c4.png

And I feel this is a good way to analyse whether the report system is doing its job. We currently don't know if the individuals we have reported have been dealt with and I think this generates the illusion that the report system does nothing.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

If you have any queries about moderation or any miscellaneous questions, send me a PM. If you want to leave feedback about a moderator, use this form. If you want to view the Code of Conduct, click here.

Remember to use the report function to direct the moderators straight to the post!

Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    You're not wrong and I completely agree with you. We can definitely look into this and try to give possible feedback...cough cough HiRezKaostic. There are so many factors to take into account involving reports though, it's not a black and white topic.
    Yeah. Human interaction is required in any sufficiently complex activity, which sorting through reports in such a large game definitely falls under that category.

Maybe offering small amounts of gems to work through reports and flag them would help them if they're shorthanded in that regard. It would be nice to know how far behind they might be on checking reports. 1 month? 3 months?

I'd definitely assist in that matter. Though personally I'd prefer favor just because I like big numbers. I'm actually up to almost 150,000 favor.

I think a good addition would be to notify a user that a player they have reported has had action taken against them. DotA2 has this: http://i.imgur.com/JJdp6c4.png

And I feel this is a good way to analyse whether the report system is doing its job. We currently don't know if the individuals we have reported have been dealt with and I think this generates the illusion that the report system does nothing.
    Indeed! Something like this would be very effective, I feel. Very good idea, thank you.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law

I can see how this would be a comfort to players to know justice has been served (when applicable that is)

Might i add that League of Legends has (or had i haven't touched that game in ages) has their tribunal where players can take a look at reports and give their own feedback
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    I can see how this would be a comfort to players to know justice has been served (when applicable that is)

Might i add that League of Legends has (or had i haven't touched that game in ages) has their tribunal where players can take a look at reports and give their own feedback
    http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/The_Tribunal

Here's a wiki link to that, now that you mention it. Something like this might be good for Smite in its current stage of development. A voting system like that might be very effective.

Senior Member Honoured LoudAndAnnoying's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 3 months registered Conversation Starter
    We should get rid of bans altogether and give gems for racist comments.

Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 450
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The report system is fine. People are too sensitive online and need to grow up.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Combining the already stated suggestions, this is what I would like to see:

1. Harassment to be clearly defined. Saying "F*K you I hope you get cancer" is harassment, but I've been reported for "You're 0-5, stop overextending without wards" and various other ridiculous things before.

2. Feeding to be defined. I just recently had this game: http://smite.guru/censor/match/hr/16499

I was Ullr. I fed didn't I? Well, it wasn't all of my fault. I never went past the middle of the duo lane and always hard wards. The reason I died so excessively was due to the Bellona camping me extremely hard, and nonstop rotations from mid with my mid never rotating. I would camp tower and still die. Me and SWK eventually switched lanes due to him dominating tyr so I did that and got the same result. I'm not in solo for 1 minute and I hear 'RALLY HERE!". Tyr and Bellona dive me and I can't escape.

Now, I did poorly but I did not do so on purpose. I did not go up to the enemy, stand still, and let them kill me. Feeding isn't black and white.

3. Cheating needs to be an option. If someone is clearly using an exploit or hack they just need to be banned without relying on the cheat detection.

I also like the idea of a tribunal system like in league.

Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 822
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    I want a option where you can report them for refusing to communicate that trows them all toghether into a vicious circle that makes them fight to death until they become competent players and learn to speak.
    Numberless reality vision of infinity sha la la la sha la la la la la sha la la la sha la la la la