Thread: Active that cripples

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Active that cripples

In the current meta, mobility is extremely valued.
    Right now only specific gods can counter mobility (like ares, poseidon, etc) which are not always just as good,
    What I'm proposing is an active item that cripples enemies, in order to give all gods the chance to fight mobility.

I am by no means an expert on balance, so all stats are open to suggestions.
    I am thinking it should probably be applied like curse, in a small AoE around the player (other way is either a basic attack or ability). I think the cripple should last 1.5 - 2 seconds and have CD similar to the purification beads active.

Any thoughts on this?

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    So this would basically be a standalone version of Rage of the Gods, and possibly leave that one in the dust.
    I can see this being perhaps too OP though; getting the T1 version (which I think would last .5 seconds) would help me net an easy kill from the enemy jungler if I'm mid and they fail to ambush me.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 411
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I've been thinking about how this item can be balanced, and concluded it would indeed be very difficult, though I feel it could help us shift away from the mobility meta, and in the best case scenario makes mobile gods as viable as non-mobile gods (as long as this item is not overperforming and completely negating mobile gods).

It wouldn't be like rage of the gods, as it would deal no damage but just cripple the enemy. It would be an active solely for the reason of fighting mobile gods, as right now the only hard counter we have to mobility are gods that can cripple.

A reason why I proposed multiple application methods via either abilities / basic attacks or a small AoE around the player is one of those balance issues, and I honestly have no idea how it would be the most balanced. I hope to achieve a nice balance on how this should function through discussion in this thread.

Please note that I am in no way proposing to completely remove all mobility from the meta, but introduce a nerf to it through this active, and in the meantime expanding the pool of actives to allow more build diversity.