Thread: New Patch can't start game...

Junior Member Cupidhead CatIssues's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    7 days registered

New Patch can't start game...

When I started up Smite this morning, I updated, and it also said a bunch of Microsoft stuff needed to be updated as well (DirectX etc.). Clicked ok, went through all that. Since then, when I launch the game, I get to the splash logo after the "PLAY" button, but then I get

"Smite.exe has stopped working.

Windows is checking for a solution to the problem"

<status bar>

Then the status bar goes away, and it says,

"A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available."

Then a crash dialog comes up with a blank explanation of the problem.

And that's it.

This was happening on the hi-rez version of Smite this morning, so I installed the Steam version. Same problem. I have validated the installations and they come up as "Smite is ready to play" etc.

Any help? Thanks!

Level completed: 72%, Points required for next Level: 1,222
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Discussion Ender
    Hi CatIssues- whilst you're waiting for one of the support staff to assist, what I'd suggest doing is, if you're trying to install it via Steam, is completely remove SMITE from your PC before you attempt to reinstall via Steam.

To do this: Uninstall the game from Steam > Navigate to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Hi-Rez Studios and run "Uninstall All Hi-Rez Games" > Restart your computer > Reinstall via Steam.
    Community Coordinator for FACEIT | @Kaostic

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    So I uninstalled anything to do with Hi-rez, both on my original version and the steam version I d/l'd today. Restarted my computer, and then reinstalled via steam. Same exact thing happens.

I log in, it says Smite is ready to play, click the "PLAY" button, and then after the splash comes up, I get Smite.exe has stopped working.

This is what I get in the crash dialogue box:

Fatal error!

Address = 0x8eeeb1 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\smite\binaries\Win32\ Smite.exe]
    Address = 0x65357b (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\smite\binaries\Win32\ Smite.exe]
    Address = 0x62333b (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\smite\binaries\Win32\ Smite.exe]
    Address = 0x2aa10b64 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x20b7570 (filename not found) [in C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\smite\binaries\Win32\ Smite.exe]
    Address = 0x96f80a0 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x10c4c6f0 (filename not found)
    Address = 0x10c4c6f0 (filename not found)

Please note I was playing the last 10 days or so (when I first installed the game) with no problem.

Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Seems like hotfix was applied this morning some time. I tried loading Smite at about 10am Central Standard and still had the crash, but just tried again on a whim at 1230 and it loaded right up. Cheers!