Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: HiRez, when will you ever change Aphrodite? You can't forget to fix some old gods...

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points

Lightbulb HiRez, when will you ever change Aphrodite? You can't forget to fix some old gods...

Let me get this straight here: no, I'm not saying she is weak, broken or OP, in fact, she is very good, one of the few I can call my mains. But there are some things on her kit that are in some absurd need of changes, and thats where we'll look at:

Loving Embrace - Now, has anyone thought, for a single minute on what does Aphrodite's passive do? When you go to the description on the site or in the game, you'll find this:
    Quote Originally Posted by Loving Embrace
    Gaining Aphrodite's favor is a blessing in that 30% of all Mana regenerated by Aphrodite is granted to her soul mate.
    What I read is:

Quote Originally Posted by Loving Embrace
    Insert actual passive here. Please... seriously... she needs it.
    She literally gives MP5 to someone else, and that is when she is connected to him/her with her Kiss ability. If not (like she isn't, most of the time), she literally gives nothing to no one, and even if she is connected, she gains nothing herself.

I mean... seriously? This passive has been there ever since Aphrodite was designed, in the Closed Beta, for a support mage, where she barely could do anything besides buffing allies and CCing enemies. But now... she is a solo/mid laner, sure, she can work on support role if you manage to make her work, but even then, its still lackluster, and most of the time its useless. Specially after early game.

Kiss - Now, this ability is very good, its the core of her "Soul Mate" oriented gameplay and makes her very useful at protecting allies. What is the problem with it? Well, as seen in Smite Wiki, there is one thing to note on this ability:

Quote Originally Posted by Smite Wiki
    If an ally (that isn't Aphrodite's soul mate) and enemy targets are close to each other inside the ability's AoE, it will prioritize and hit the ally god, otherwise it'll hit the enemy.
    I'm sorry, but what the fuck!? I mean, sure, she is good for protecting people, but limiting her CC for a Soul Mate swap that may actually fuck up her gameplay? That is terrible. If Aphrodite was a support, like before, sure it would be a good idea to have that thing on her kit, after all, she was a healer and was not supposed to go do agressive, but instead keep an eye on her allies.

But now that her main roles changed drastically, she should not have a priority on allies anymore, she should have equal chances to hit ally or enemy. Before, Kiss would have its cooldown refreshed if it would hit an ally, but now that the cooldown on an ally hit is 3s it takes quite a bit of time so she can get a kiss to another ally, or to an enemy. She could have a double targetter like Sun Wukong's 72 Transformations, at a distance it will only target enemies, but closer it will target only allies, or maybe just outright remove the priority, the thing hits the first target, and end of story.

Okay. Now that the problems with her kit that have ended, these ones are more aestethical and not as important, but, since I started this:

Lovebirds - Why exactly a projectile line ability has a fucking pink carpet on the groud? That is just an eyesore. Sure, its better for enemies to look at, since the projectile is relatively small, but still, that pink thing on the ground is an indicator that was used in the Closed Beta, before the effects were updated. That pink marker of the ability range should not be there, at least for allies to see it.

Skins/Model - Give her a Retro Skin, please? Seriously, you should have never remodeled her, she was the one that least needed it. Why the hell it took so damn long for Loki and Anubis to get remodeled and Aphrodite gets her awesome, beautiful, elegant and sexy garb replaced by a boring, less colored costume and hair with stilettos?

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Aphrodite and healers in general are in a great spot right now, she really doesn't need any changes.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 1000 Experience Points Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    Let me get this straight here: no, I'm not saying she is weak, broken or OP, in fact, she is very good, one of the few I can call my mains. But there are some things on her kit that are in some absurd need of changes, and thats where we'll look at:

Loving Embrace - Now, has anyone thought, for a single minute on what does Aphrodite's passive do? When you go to the description on the site or in the game, you'll find this:

What I read is:

She literally gives MP5 to someone else, and that is when she is connected to him/her with her Kiss ability. If not (like she isn't, most of the time), she literally gives nothing to no one, and even if she is connected, she gains nothing herself.

I mean... seriously? This passive has been there ever since Aphrodite was designed, in the Closed Beta, for a support mage, where she barely could do anything besides buffing allies and CCing enemies. But now... she is a solo/mid laner, sure, she can work on support role if you manage to make her work, but even then, its still lackluster, and most of the time its useless. Specially after early game.

Kiss - Now, this ability is very good, its the core of her "Soul Mate" oriented gameplay and makes her very useful at protecting allies. What is the problem with it? Well, as seen in Smite Wiki, there is one thing to note on this ability:

I'm sorry, but what the fuck!? I mean, sure, she is good for protecting people, but limiting her CC for a Soul Mate swap that may actually fuck up her gameplay? That is terrible. If Aphrodite was a support, like before, sure it would be a good idea to have that thing on her kit, after all, she was a healer and was not supposed to go do agressive, but instead keep an eye on her allies.

But now that her main roles changed drastically, she should not have a priority on allies anymore, she should have equal chances to hit ally or enemy. Before, Kiss would have its cooldown refreshed if it would hit an ally, but now that the cooldown on an ally hit is 3s it takes quite a bit of time so she can get a kiss to another ally, or to an enemy. She could have a double targetter like Sun Wukong's 72 Transformations, at a distance it will only target enemies, but closer it will target only allies, or maybe just outright remove the priority, the thing hits the first target, and end of story.

Okay. Now that the problems with her kit that have ended, these ones are more aestethical and not as important, but, since I started this:

Lovebirds - Why exactly a projectile line ability has a fucking pink carpet on the groud? That is just an eyesore. Sure, its better for enemies to look at, since the projectile is relatively small, but still, that pink thing on the ground is an indicator that was used in the Closed Beta, before the effects were updated. That pink marker of the ability range should not be there, at least for allies to see it.

Skins/Model - Give her a Retro Skin, please? Seriously, you should have never remodeled her, she was the one that least needed it. Why the hell it took so damn long for Loki and Anubis to get remodeled and Aphrodite gets her awesome, beautiful, elegant and sexy garb replaced by a boring, less colored costume and hair with stilettos?
    I don't play Aphrodite so I can't bring much to the table, 2 of my friends like playing her but I can agree on her passive needing a buff

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    Aphrodite and healers in general are in a great spot right now, she really doesn't need any changes.
    Its not about being or not in a good spot, its about being fair. Even passives considered lackluster, like Vulcan's or Cabrakan's have their uses, Aphrodite's passive does nothing. Even former support oriented gods like Chang'e and current support oriented gods like Khepri have passives that work for them, Aphrodite does not.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote from another recent thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    Her passive grants 30% mana regeneration. Does that include things like Meditation and potions? So if I pop a mana potion for 150 mana, will my soul mate get 50 mana back over time? Same for Meditation, it gives 75% to me, would it give 25% to my soul mate?
    Does none of it work?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Prestigious DonaldX's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 10000 Experience Points
    I can see your point, her passive isnt even hers. It only benefits someone else.
    That could use a change.

Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldX View Post
    I can see your point, her passive isnt even hers. It only benefits someone else.
    That could use a change.
    Still technically more of a passive than Ravana, Chronos and Guan Yu together.
    At least it isn't a missing half of another ability's tooltip.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Prestigious DonaldX's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 67
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Conversation Starter Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Still technically more of a passive than Ravana, Chronos and Guan Yu together.
    At least it isn't a missing half of another ability's tooltip.
    Depends how you see it. Their passives still benefit them, even if it needs an ability to make use of it.

Theres nothing Aphro can do to benefit from her passive

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DonaldX View Post
    Depends how you see it. Their passives still benefit them, even if it needs an ability to make use of it.

Theres nothing Aphro can do to benefit from her passive
    I think there could be something like a "reserved buff" for the passive.
    Basically once she falls out of meta, her passive will be a buff spot.
    Same with other gods known for having a "blank slot".
    The three I listed, Vulcan and Kukulkan off the top of my head.
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Prestigious BobKetchup's Avatar
    In a Heinz Ketchup Bottle crying because I realized I misspelled ketchup in my location for 6 months
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 998
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person
    Kukul has the most amazing passive.
    Half of what I say is a joke.
    http://niceme.me/
    Survivor Ullr is Billy Mays
    My Top Warriors: Bellona Ravana Amaterasu
    My Top Assassins: Fenrir Thor Mercury
    My Top 3 Guardians: Ares Xing Tian Sobek
    My Top 3 Mages: Hades Sol Zeus
    My Top 3 Hunters: Ullr Hou Yi Medusa