Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Red pot and elixers should not be able to be purchased early

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    I personally think power potion starts are ineffective, needlessly risky and a waste of early gold.
    red pots are good i use it on most junglers also adc freya with pot start is devastating your dmg is insane
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    red pots are good i use it on most junglers also adc freya with pot start is devastating your dmg is insane
    Maybe Thor red pot can work but I can't see many others. Freya has a pretty odd build strategy in general.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Maybe Thor red pot can work but I can't see many others. Freya has a pretty odd build strategy in general.
    i guess you havent seen thor red pot with tripple kills at lvl 2 :P? it was a thing way back but yeah i see alot of peoples starting with a red pot on junglers
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Chosen Konfuzfanten's Avatar
    Level completed: 97%, Points required for next Level: 34
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzacharias View Post
    Just played a conquest game where 3 of the 5 players on the enemy team went red/purple pot. They rekt us. The only solution. Buy it yourself. Or make pots purchaseable at the 10 min mark. You shouldn't be able to buy those items early on.
    Thoughts?
    Learn to play passively in lane, wait 3 mins, lose a bit of farm and you are up 350-450 gold on the enemy after 3 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    on a jungler you need to get either both mid camps or a kill to make red pot worth it. If your mid doesnt want to fight, then its 100% wasted.
    I have done a lot of red pot starts and now im going back to tier 1 boots and some pots simply because you cant rely your mid to be aggressive enough to make good use of the red pot
    But yea, if you duo queue jungle+mid red pot(on both mid and jungle) is the way to go. You can pretty much get both mid camps and one of their back camps with a 2xred pot start.

Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 722
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by Nzacharias View Post
    Just played a conquest game where 3 of the 5 players on the enemy team went red/purple pot. They rekt us. The only solution. Buy it yourself. Or make pots purchaseable at the 10 min mark. You shouldn't be able to buy those items early on.
    Thoughts?
    this will only pay off if they get a kill if they dont they basicly wasted 450 gold you spent on items

Senior Member Infamous Outso187's Avatar
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 1,183
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor
    Starting with red pot is a high risk/high reward-move. If you are succesfully aggressive with it, you can get few kills in. But of you die, you are 450 gold behind.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Even if you live you're 450 gold behind. You'd need two kills to offset the cost and in a situation where you'd get two kills, you'd usually get at least one without red pot. So yes, it's inefficient.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Nerise's Avatar
    Level completed: 85%, Points required for next Level: 107
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Except that if they cant find a kill its not cost effective. Even more so if they die, putting them behind. My assumption is that your team attempted to force engagements in the middle lane/camp and didnt play accordingly.

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Konfuzfanten View Post

But yea, if you duo queue jungle+mid red pot(on both mid and jungle) is the way to go. You can pretty much get both mid camps and one of their back camps with a 2xred pot start.
    thats what me and my friend are doing in leagues he started use red pot start and i simly liked it so i did the same thing well i mean i dont use red pot as a mid laner it would otherwise ruin my build
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 09-18-2015 at 03:56 AM.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    There are some gods where I really like power pots and some I don't.

On most physicals, I don't like it because they have piss poor ability scaling and outside of the jungle, the abilities are what matter. That being said,

Bellona is a great candidate for red pot because her kit gives her a nice mix of a decently strong ability and a huge varietly of basic attack modifiers, giving her the best of two worlds.

Osiris relies on his basic attacks a lot, even while clearing and has a lot of slows and cc to stick to his enemies, so he can even get a kill out of it.

Rama qualifies as well, since his kit consists of almost only basic attacks.

There are probably more, but those are the ones I can think of out of my head.

Purple Pot is a different matter. 50 Power early on is a lot and can actually make a huge difference to your early damage and clearing, depending on the god you are playing. Take Anubis for example and his something around 200% scaling on his 1. Purple Pot + a Starter Item puts him at 70 power at the beginning of the game, increasing the damage by a whooping 140 at level 1. Jungle camps melt, gods fall.

Isis and her 1 can wreck up insanely high damage numbers as well.

My favorite of course is Cabrakan. Purple Pot Cabrakan has given me so many first bloods in midlane its unreal.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!