Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Shoes of Focus change.

Senior Member Chosen TristynTrine's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points

Shoes of Focus change.

I think it would be a good idea to add 15 mp5 to shoes of focus, then the choice is cdr/mp5 to sustain ability usage, or pen/flat 250 mana.

Shoes of the Magi= 40 power/pen/250 mana
    Shoes of Focus= 30 power/cdr/15 mp5

Then it opens up the mage build so if you want more power/even more mp5 you can build chronos. Or if you want to be tankier, you can build Breastplate for the 75 physical defense/300 flat mana. It would help mages to not be as squishy.

Forum Moderator Honoured AlexError's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! 1 year registered Arm of the Law! Repped! First Class
    I see why you want to introduce this change, since the Shoes of Focus aren't used as much as the Shoes of the Magi. Just to add more colour into the discussion, is there any other change that you'd think would be acceptable, since Mp5 is a relatively useless stat in after 5 minutes, and is rather uninteresting.

For instance:
    1. Bring the power upwards?
    2. Movement speed adjustment?
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

If you have any queries about moderation or any miscellaneous questions, send me a PM. If you want to leave feedback about a moderator, use this form. If you want to view the Code of Conduct, click here.

Remember to use the report function to direct the moderators straight to the post!

Achievements:
    Why do you think mp5 is useless after 5 minutes? It is very useful when you don't have access to a blue buff and need to stay in lane or risk being outpushed.

Forum Moderator Honoured AlexError's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! 1 year registered Arm of the Law! Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by TristynTrine View Post
    Why do you think mp5 is useless after 5 minutes? It is very useful when you don't have access to a blue buff and need to stay in lane or risk being outpushed.
    15 Mp5 is 3 mana every second. It's not very good, and mages tend to have okay mp5 gains even in the early game. And then most mages get additional Mp5 from items like Book of Thoth, Vampiric Shroud, Mana pots, Mana buff, Chronos' Pendant. I think most people would have an adequate amount of mana potions and would choose 15 pen over 15% cdr and 15 mp5 most of the time.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

If you have any queries about moderation or any miscellaneous questions, send me a PM. If you want to leave feedback about a moderator, use this form. If you want to view the Code of Conduct, click here.

Remember to use the report function to direct the moderators straight to the post!

Senior Member Honoured Jezereal's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class
    Shoes of the focus need a utility stat, or.... increase cdr...
    I can carry you in Omnipotence game mode, or any other with 80% CDR, send me an invite IGN: Jezereal
    The 10k post award belongs to bob.
    This man deserves a medal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    If you're gonna keep posting without reading anything, you better not even show yourself in the topic.

Achievements:
    I wouldn't call 3 mana per second not that good, couple that with vampiric shroud and you have a nice way going, and have the option of building into breastplate instead.

Level completed: 8%, Points required for next Level: 3,807
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    It needs something.

Its never used on Mages anymore because Magi's is always the better choice now with penetration.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I think Focus should be equal to Magi's in magical power and mana. The choice should be between penetration and CDR imo.

Senior Member Prestigious BhastetKurza's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Afilia View Post
    I think Focus should be equal to Magi's in magical power and mana. The choice should be between penetration and CDR imo.
    Basically this.

It should be the same case with the Ninja Tabi though Ninja Tabi should also provide CDR in its stead.
    Wow...

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 43%, Points required for next Level: 1,968
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Afilia View Post
    i like this idea
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*