Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Shoes of Focus change.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,505
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Afilia View Post
    I think Focus should be equal to Magi's in magical power and mana. The choice should be between penetration and CDR imo.
    Like how it was with Warrior and Ninja Tabi back then.
    I say Focus should also supply at least 100 mana to balance it a tad more.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 70%, Points required for next Level: 333
    Achievements:
    5000 Experience Points Veteran
    +10 pen is too much ot give up since penetration is one of the best stats in SMITE especially when coupled with Spear of the Magus..

making them both give same power and mana helps but each mage 15 CDR and 10 pen could mean very different things.

Senior Member Honoured LoudAndAnnoying's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 3 months registered Conversation Starter
    Honestly if focus seems bad it's because you're using them on the wrong mage. Some mages benefit from them greatly.

Senior Member Honoured TenWildAbras's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Lets look at the numbers a bit.. I initially came here thinking that Pen boots were the absolute best. And I would have to

Lets assume a level 5 Posiedon has 100 magic power. He is about to choose to fully buy Magi or Focus. Lets assume that the target has 30 magic protection. Both of the Krakens(if hit at the center) are doing 440 damage without the boots being purchased. (350 +90% of 100.)
    Magi boots add 36, while focus boots add 27.
    Meaning that the damage numbers if pen boots has no penetration is only 366.15 vs 359.23
    If we were to apply Focus' passive allowing us to Kraken every 76.5 seconds, over 900 seconds. The damage would be 3661.5 vs 3951.53 and in 18 more seconds it would be 4310.76 without seeing anotherdamage increase for pen boots for another 72seconds. In which, cooldown boots get another kraken off about 8 seconds after. The difference only widens as the number goes up.

However, these are base numbers and not including penetration on the pen boots If we were to add penetration.

Meaning Pen Boots will be doing about 396.66 while focus boots do 359.23
    Over 90 seconds, Magi boots 3966.6 and focus boots do 3951.53 where, once again cooldown boots will get another Kraken off in 18 seconds, then one for Magi 72 seconds after. Ect.

So what does this data tell us? If every time you can, you land a fully charged Kraken, cooldown boots turn out to actually be better. I would say 15 minutes (900 seconds) is where the breaking point applies. Because this concept wouldn't apply to just Krakens, it would apply to things with less cooldowns.

While this doesn't prove the numbers for every scenerio like:Having more Pen or more protection. It does give us a healthy bases. If you want to spam abilities as much as possible, go cooldowns. If you want a good strike, go pen. Realistically, you will not be using abilities every time you get a chance, except mid battle.

When I have more time I will probably go over difference abilities and protection values to see if this remains true. But I do think that CD boots do need something, just something small, or they will become the clear choice.. and who knows. Maybe now they kind of are.

Lord of the Enigs Infamous Enigmatisty's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 1,505
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by TenWildAbras View Post
    But I do think that CD boots do need something, just something small, or they will become the clear choice.. and who knows. Maybe now they kind of are.
    Imo they lack the mana to take full advantage of the CDR they provide. Whenever I mid building CDR boots often comes with about 2-4 mana pots because trying to use your ultimate more than once early game is going to drain almost all of your mana. Because of that I find rushing stacking items like Warlock's Sash first are more efficient because it supplies more power, health, and mana for each stack and help you transition smoothly into the mid game. After that I build CDR boots.
    It doesn't really make sense why pen boots supply mana instead. It's not like using pen requires mana or anything rather than CDR which allows you to use your abilities faster, which in turn require mana.
    Actually back to Smite but my love for the forums isn't really the same anymore. May most likely not post god concepts again.

Since forums are dying, feel free to join the official smite forum discord where most retired members chill.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    I'd be a little happier with MP5 and a little something else like HP or protection, I'd like it to be different and not just Magi with CD instead of penetration.

The main reason I don't really use it though is that cooldown is easy to cap and I don't need a pair of boots for it if thats all it does.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 386
    shoes of the magi 50 mp/15pnt/mv
    shoes of focus 30mp/15%cdr/300mana/mv
    i think it the best choice to bring some balance between the two bots

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Damaje's Avatar
    Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 84
    Achievements:
    7 days registered 250 Experience Points
    Focus is good for ability based mages, 15% cdr is massive especially since it's a core item with +30 power.
    Magi is straight damage, which takes out your utility for flat power.
    Current Roster
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________

Mid: Vulcan
    Solo: Chronos / Sol

OfLimbo
    is currently recruiting for members!
    Threadcanbefoundhere
    We are striving towards working better as a team, less (no) badmouthers, growing together as a team, we are completely noob friendly and are looking for members to party with!

Forum Moderator Honoured AlexError's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! 1 year registered Arm of the Law! Repped! First Class
    Thread locked due to becoming irrelevant to the upcoming patch for Smite.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

If you have any queries about moderation or any miscellaneous questions, send me a PM. If you want to leave feedback about a moderator, use this form. If you want to view the Code of Conduct, click here.

Remember to use the report function to direct the moderators straight to the post!