Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Have you forgotten about Artemis?

Senior Member Prestigious BhastetKurza's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class
    Despite me making a few mistakes on my part.

The focus of my comment was laning and clearing waves.

I must have been drunk when I said she couldn't out damage other hunters because I meant she couldn't out clear instead of not being able to out damage them.

Hou Yi and Artemis are the same as in they will always lose the laning phase. I've seen it with even pro players etc. They physically cannot win the lane vs other hunter because their clear is so bad which is my entire focus.

The laning phase it what helps hunters get into late game as we know, and if you cannot even win or go even in your lane you get behind.

That's why Artemis sucks, unless you baby her and get her into late game she is the most useless adc of them all.

She's the Scylla of Hunter except she can never clear a wave or go even in lane with other hunters.

My apologies for my mistakes.
    Wow...

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Xbalanque's clear is worse than Artemis, yet he is a top pick hunter. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Artemis get another 20% scaling on her 3, but she's hardly garbouselesstrash, just ever so slightly below the point of balance; she still has strong points and is still one of, if not the best pick you could make into a Rama or Cupid and a decent pick into Apollo.

Senior Member Prestigious BhastetKurza's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    Xbalanque's clear is worse than Artemis, yet he is a top pick hunter. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Artemis get another 20% scaling on her 3, but she's hardly garbouselesstrash, just ever so slightly below the point of balance; she still has strong points and is still one of, if not the best pick you could make into a Rama or Cupid and a decent pick into Apollo.
    The problem is how she would fair against Medusa, Anhur, and Neith. The hunters with OP clear.

That being said, I think Artemis should be able to 1 shot the wave with her circle thingy at max level.

What she lacks in mobility, she needs to make up by having great clear which right now she doesn't.

I like Artemis, I don't mind the lack of mobility, she just needs comparable clear so she can be inline with everyone else.
    Wow...

Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    You see, I really don't want to see Artemis with great clear, because we've tried it and it was OP. It's already got several great things going for it, being a long range AoE, making it almost impossible to zone her off the wave, having a nice slow on a hunter with a great steroid and passive crit, being on a 10 second cool down and almost impossible to miss, giving her insane poke. If we were to see her third ability full clear the wave at max rank, I feel like, at the very least, we would have to see the cool down go up to 15 seconds to balance that out.

New Member Cupidhead GrobFaraona's Avatar
    Level completed: 61%, Points required for next Level: 199
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Artemis was still good after the item nerfs and buffs but yeah in early game she is useless, for me i have to stay under the tower until i get my third item bought then i can risk getting killed not that it happens a lot then but still its not ok to wait under the tower and grind minions to get the gold. in the first 10 min she needs to be with someone on the lane who can support her and heal her, like Hel, and then after she gets into mid game she can go try alone and even go jungle. She needs a buff and its obvious. if you try now to play artemis and the other team has lets say, Vulvan, Xing and hel then your a dead man. I bet any combination with xing makes you a dead man.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Xbal also has a vastly better early game, ultimate, and lane control.

Achievements:
    Xbalanque has a much worse early game, with less crowd control and less damage. If his support takes control of the lane for him, he's got good poke, but if Artemis' support takes control of the lane for her she's still got higher kill potential.
    Last edited by HawkboyJr; 09-21-2015 at 01:45 PM.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Xbalanque has a much worse early game, with less crowd control and less damage. If his support takes control of the lane for him, he's got good pike, but if Artemis' support takes control of the lane for her she's still got higher kill potential.
    It's not crowd control that makes his early game stronger. It's his ability to move in or out of the fight with his rising jaguar, or his ability to outpoke Artemis should the two be against each other. "if Artemis' support takes control of the lane for her she's still got higher kill potential." that can be said for any hunter's support really. That just means the opponent's support is lacking in their duty, and if the supports end up on par, Artemis still loses.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Achievements:
    I don’t understand why it’s okay to take an example where Xbalanque’s support takes control of the lane, but it’s not okay to use an example where Artemis’ support takes control of the lane? I know she’s underplayed, but come on people, let’s not lose our heads every time someone says something positive about Artemis, especially if it happens to be accurate.

Landing a trap is a solo kill for Artemis. Two crits in a row is a solo kill for Artemis. Her boar and her slow set up easy traps and confirm more shots, facilitating her win conditions. Artemis has high kill potential.

Xbalanque’s rising jaguar means he has a dash, great, but it has nothing to do with his ability to control a lane or perform well in an early fight. His push is worse than Artemis’, his early kill potential is worse than Artemis’, his escape is better than Artemis’.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    I don’t understand why it’s okay to take an example where Xbalanque’s support takes control of the lane, but it’s not okay to use an example where Artemis’ support takes control of the lane? I know she’s underplayed, but come on people, let’s not lose our heads every time someone says something positive about Artemis, especially if it happens to be accurate.

Landing a trap is a solo kill for Artemis. Two crits in a row is a solo kill for Artemis. Her boar and her slow set up easy traps and confirm more shots, facilitating her win conditions. Artemis has high kill potential.

Xbalanque’s rising jaguar means he has a dash, great, but it has nothing to do with his ability to control a lane or perform well in an early fight. His push is worse than Artemis’, his early kill potential is worse than Artemis’, his escape is better than Artemis’.
    Because if a support takes control of the lane, it doesn't matter who the hunter is. That's irrelevant. Xbal as my example has CC immunity to either get out of Artemis's trap, or even negate Tusky. His push is actually stronger than Artemis. His poison darts do more damage, while being on a longer cd though doesn't matter since the wave will be cleared before either skill comes off CD. His early kill potential is stronger as well.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal