Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How to play ullr properly?

Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 696
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Tagger Third Class
    so i played my 5th game as him, all the games I played with him I do no dmg and I feed

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 184
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Ullr has a very high skillcap, as opposed to someone like kukulkan, who's skillcap is lower then Ullr's. Someone who has truly mastered Ullr, is a complete menace to play against. If I was playing against a rank 10 Kukulkan, then I wouldn't really care that much, as he's one of the easier gods to get to rank 10. But a rank 10 Ullr, I would be extremely cautious with, as he probably knows the combos for Ullr. It's the same as going against a rank 10 Anhur or Hou Yi. They have very high skillcaps as well. But it takes time to reach those skillcaps.

Tl;dr: You need practice in order to become good with Ullr. But because he needs practice, the result defiantly pays off in terms of a higher skillcap.
    RAINBOWS!
    Now that I have your attention, healers are fun
    Also purple is the best colour in the world.

Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Tagger Third Class
    do i build him crit or lifesteal?

Senior Member Honoured Sepherim's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    SamDerp put it perfectly. You can be a new player with a decent skill, get Neith and do a decent job: you can fight, get away easily and still even get some good kills. Apollo, the same, or Cupid. Then you get to Anhur, or Ullr and you can do nothing, because they demand a good deal of extra skill to work well. If you got the skill? They're probably the best.

As for the build, I always go crit with all adcs. Yet, you have space in the build for lifesteal as well if you want to (I usually build him with devourers and be cautious on my use of mana, playing it safe and buying some mana potions during early; but trascendence works very well too). For example, a classic build:

Boots, 1 lifesteal object, 1 attack speed object, 2 crits, 1 penetration.
    Attack speed boots, devourers, executioner, rage, deathbringer, titan's bane.

You can swap some objects, of course. Some go for asi instead of executioner for some extra lifesteal, or trascendence instead of devourers, or maybe you need a brawlers if the enemy team heals a lot, etc.
    Tribulaciones de la Clase Ociosa: http://tribulaciones.es/

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Play him a lot.

that's all I can say. I am a diamond ullr. I used to be unspeakably horrible with him, and then all of the sudden I go 24-2 in a ranked game twice in a row and then grind him. I'm losing touch with him now because I'm getting bad due to my lack of playing recently, but the only way to ullr is to ullr a lot. Figure out what works and what doesn't.

Build I use:

Trans (Essential) > Asi > Boots or hastened fatalis, your choice > Executioner > Rage > Deathbringer
    Last edited by ImAeternalis; 08-29-2015 at 01:39 AM.

Senior Member Honoured CxxProphet's Avatar
    Level completed: 99%, Points required for next Level: 11
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    I tried him in Joust and built Transcendance first, but he feels too sluggish even when I got him online. When I'm switching stances multiple times it starts to get delayed as it does with all gods who have stance abilities.

Even when I've gone against good Ullr's, they're always building trans first and they can somehow do more damage than I can and I can still land the same combos I see other Ullrs use, but it always feels like he's throwing mosquito bites when I use him.

It's the same with Freya, I always see early game Freya's hitting hard, but when I use her, she likes to throw happiness instead of death in her early game.
    - It hits me right in the feels whenever I have to face an enemy Nemesis.

- "This arrow has your name on it. See? Moron, it's on all of them!"
    - Artemis.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAeternalis View Post
    Play him a lot.

that's all I can say. I am a diamond ullr. I used to be unspeakably horrible with him, and then all of the sudden I go 24-2 in a ranked game twice in a row and then grind him. I'm losing touch with him now because I'm getting bad due to my lack of playing recently, but the only way to ullr is to ullr a lot. Figure out what works and what doesn't.

Build I use:

Trans (Essential) > Asi > Boots or hastened fatalis, your choice > Executioner > Rage > Deathbringer
    Should I practice him in arena or conquest?

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by ModyBird View Post
    Conquest. Arena doesn't reflect how he performs in conquest at all.

He can go solo and adc both.

Senior Member Honoured Sepherim's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 897
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by ModyBird View Post
    Always practice a god in the mode you want to use him in. If you play conquest, then conquest; if you play arena, then arena. Etc.
    Tribulaciones de la Clase Ociosa: http://tribulaciones.es/

Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 340
    So after reading everyone's post I would like to give my input on ULLR. I am a casual player (3-4 games a day /1-2 days off time), I find ULLR (as stated in a above post) to be a character that you need to main in order to truly master, maybe 1 other character you rotate between. I personally feel he is super powerful from level 3 and upwards. I suggest that you build full boots first then 1 crit / attspeed / life steed to start off. Focus your farm in ranging stance and grab AS Buffs if your team allows. I also find 3 v 3 is a great mode to learn with him. He is hard to use on Arena IMO. I'm currently a "Golden" Ullr, and loving every game with him. KEEP TRYING HES WORTH IT.
    Last edited by MrWartz; 09-01-2015 at 03:15 AM. Reason: Grammar :)