Thread: How do you expect this community to be friendly?

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

How do you expect this community to be friendly?

Alright.

This game is balanced around Conquest. Almost all 30 levels say that.

This is my personal experience (playing as Hades): http://smite.guru/censor/match/hr/13831

First of all, I would like to ask question number one: why am I being matched among low Elo players?

Second question: because of my "high elo" I was expected to have roles called at least, but nope. Prove included: http://i.imgur.com/rcYJe3v.png

Thirdly, team start: I have no idea what happened there: http://i.imgur.com/EC7WM1i.png Neith jungler? Ares on solo lane with solo Tyr? After I have asked Ares politely to switch lanes and help Hou, he replied with "fuck you, russie" and left the game on purpose.

Forthly, after some more time and amazing feeding our Hou Yu was afking at base, shooting his arrows at our Ares and running around him. Then he has left the game: Prove of his leaving included here: http://i.imgur.com/ll7ArBj.png

After the game finishes, I got my godwill to 0, because I asked in post match lobby to report Hou and Ares for leaving on purpose. I didn't even touch Neith. And both teams have decided to report me, because I sucked all game long. Unfortunately, i don't have any screen of that because once I got that answer, that made me "crush my computer" completely. I mean I just stopped Smite process and closed the game because I still don't understand that logic.

Then, one more question: even if both team of similar Elo (not including me), why their team knows which items to get (or close to perfect items) and my team is like Neith and Hou.

And the last one question: if this everything is balanced around Conquest, why enemy team does have 2 premades and we have all solo queued.

Now I am waiting for my ban because I did nothing wrong, but some trolls have reported me, and knowing Hi-Rez reputation around banning, I wouldn't even wonder if it's me who gets banned, not leavers and feeders.

Thank you for reading.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    The smite guru score isn't your elo at all. It's a false representation. Also, you're not even level 30, so you can't expect everyone in your game to know how to play or build properly.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by IrishPotato View Post
    The smite guru score isn't your elo at all. It's a false representation. Also, you're not even level 30, so you can't expect everyone in your game to know how to play or build properly.
    Alright, if not Elo, then I have other unanswered questions.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 500
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Conversation Starter Veteran
    hoooooooly titwaffles, 4 matchmaking threads at the SAME TIME

Also smiteguru ELO is inaccurate
    They've got us surrounded. Those poor bastards.

-Lewis.B "chesty" puller

Favourite gods: Ne Zha,Sun Wukong,Xing tian,Hades,ullr

Ex-Forum Moderator Prestigious
    Hanging out with BestLokiNA on my YouTube channel
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 853
    Achievements:
    Discussion Ender Tagger Second Class Arm of the Law! 10000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by frenzy64 View Post
    hoooooooly titwaffles, 4 matchmaking threads at the SAME TIME

Also smiteguru ELO is inaccurate
    That's because it's not. Like IrishPotato just said.
    **Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.**

Quote Originally Posted by VarenWolf View Post
    If you don't want play with crappy teamates go to league and work your way up. Then you won't have to deal with "newbies". Then go further with that and help them get better. Tolerate and help them. Patience is a virtue.
    IGN: as4mo3

[Forum Warriors] Armorer- talk to me if you need builds.

Check out my BestChronosNA YouTube channel!

How Matchmaking works

I'm always online. PM me for help/personal reasons or just marriage proposals/nudes

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Quote Originally Posted by llYuraXLozhll View Post
    Alright, if not Elo, then I have other unanswered questions.
    Go ahead then.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Senior Member Honoured LokiWildfire's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 427
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by as4mo3 View Post
    That's because it's not. Like IrishPotato just said.
    It might not be the actual ELO/MMR, but it is still a decent estimate of yoru performance - so you know that, if the MMR calculations are reasonable, the proportions would still be close enough. Unless we have yet another problem in which the MMR is even worse than a third part evaluation of your performance.... No wonder HR hid it, and with this kind of comment you're just fueling criticism against it But do go on.

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    OP, no offense, but you're not even Level 30 yet. SmiteGuru score is an "approximate" ELO, not really ELO but a decent estimation of skill. However, below Level 30, ELO really doesn't matter, I think the system just matches "approximate" account levels together below level 30. Just wait until you hit Level 30 and then get matched with a solo queue Level 10 because the MM system thinks that's "fair".

Senior Member Chosen discofleshpot's Avatar
    Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 1,071
    Achievements:
    3 months registered Tagger Third Class Conversation Starter Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    OP, this happens across the board and really doesn't have anything to do with ELO. People are jerks and throw games purposely. I've been in games with people who have 2000+ smite.guru scores, 30lvl and high mastery levels just throw games and troll games. It's just human nature to cause misery to the innocent for fun.

It happens, it happens a lot... and it sucks but you just have to report them and move on. In extreme cases, I just send video and screenshots and hope for the best.

I had a partied up Ravana and Guan you who trolled together all match. Both had at least 5 diamonds both were higher ranked. They troll built, stole buff camps from the other 3 players. Spammed VGS and anything they could to be annoying. Why? Absolutely no reason. They both got what roles they called, there were no issues whatsoever prior to match or at the beginning. They legit just trolled as soon as the match started and then our solo laner got pissed and left so it was me and ADC and we couldn't even surrender because they would both vote no so basically, we were forced to endure it until they thought we had enough of it. If we were to leave, we would of been penalized. At the end they tried to get the enemy to report us for trolling and until they saw their builds, it probably would of worked.
    Last edited by discofleshpot; 08-27-2015 at 07:50 AM.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by LokiWildfire View Post
    It might not be the actual ELO/MMR, but it is still a decent estimate of yoru performance - so you know that, if the MMR calculations are reasonable, the proportions would still be close enough. Unless we have yet another problem in which the MMR is even worse than a third part evaluation of your performance.... No wonder HR hid it, and with this kind of comment you're just fueling criticism against it But do go on.
    its not even decent estimate of your perfomance i have seen peoples with 1500 and with 2500 smiteguru score and the diffrence between their perfomance was barely noticiable
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*