Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: How can SMITE be balanced?

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Jithins View Post
    So I would love to know what you guys think Hi-Rez should do to balance the game. But here are some points that I think should be balanced

1) ADC's: They crit high damage and has strong lifesteal at the point its not for sustain but to just heal fully.

2) Guardians are not tanky late game, if the game lasts long enough tanks are pretty much dead if they take a lot of damage

3) Hades is not a guardian, and should be changed to the role of mage

4) ADC's should not have CC and a mobility move such as a dash or jump. (Including artemis' 2 that gives movement speed), they should be only for damage not take control of a fight

5) hard CC should be for guardians/warriors, soft CC should be for other roles

6) towers need to buffed a little (increased attack speed), tower dive and getting killed is frustrating as well as watching the opposing player escaping with good chunk of health. my fix for this is: increased attack speed based on how many gods in the tower radius. This will effect the gameplay by making towers more dangerous like they should, not something that should be taken lightly, players often say "im just gonna dive him and kill him"

I would love to hear your guys thought on this, comment if theres something you agree with agree with, and if you think something should be added comment
    When you learn to play and stop bitching randomly about things you don't bother learning, it will be balanced.

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jithins View Post
    So I would love to know what you guys think Hi-Rez should do to balance the game. But here are some points that I think should be balanced

1) ADC's: They crit high damage and has strong lifesteal at the point its not for sustain but to just heal fully.

2) Guardians are not tanky late game, if the game lasts long enough tanks are pretty much dead if they take a lot of damage

3) Hades is not a guardian, and should be changed to the role of mage

4) ADC's should not have CC and a mobility move such as a dash or jump. (Including artemis' 2 that gives movement speed), they should be only for damage not take control of a fight

5) hard CC should be for guardians/warriors, soft CC should be for other roles

6) towers need to buffed a little (increased attack speed), tower dive and getting killed is frustrating as well as watching the opposing player escaping with good chunk of health. my fix for this is: increased attack speed based on how many gods in the tower radius. This will effect the gameplay by making towers more dangerous like they should, not something that should be taken lightly, players often say "im just gonna dive him and kill him"

I would love to hear your guys thought on this, comment if theres something you agree with agree with, and if you think something should be added comment
    1) Only late game. L2P. Nemean and midgardian shuts this down.

2) I'm sorry, what?

3) This will completely destroy Hades. Just because a god is named a certain role does not mean they're confined to play one lane.

A perfect example is Freya. She's a mage, which usually is mid lane. She's a horrible mid, but an excellent adc, solo, and a passable jungler.

4) Too bad that Artemis is fucking garbage. BTW, any god without CC or mobility isn't viable in this meta. That's why ra is so bad, as well as AMC, Artemis, and kukulkan

5) You must be in bronze v.

6) No. You are there to protect your tower, not the other way around.

Please learn to play.

The only way this game would be even close to balanced is if hirez sold it to a different company.

Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 2,671
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by MiyobiKumagawa View Post
    You know the Magi's nerf literally was the fault of one pro, the pro admitted this on Reddit stating him and other pros were complaining about the item for months. Let that sink in a bit.
    And dammit it was one of the best decisions Hirez ever did to this game.

Magi's made the game boring, I'm glad its only for situational use now and not on 6/10 gods in a single game of Conquest.
    Last edited by Goobis; 08-25-2015 at 08:18 PM.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 66%, Points required for next Level: 311
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    And dammit it was one of the best decisions to ever hit this game.

Magi's made the game boring, I'm glad its only for situational use now and not on 6/10 gods in a single game of Conquest.
    Except it's not even situational, the item may as well be removed, i've seen it once since nerf, it's not worth 2k gold even in good situations for it
    official Smite forums Discord: https://discord.gg/rruqFKz
    For those of you who Love Discord and wish to show them support: https://discordapp.com/hypesquad?ref=1HFv9nj0qB (This is a referral link)

Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezere View Post
    Except it's not even situational, the item may as well be removed, i've seen it once since nerf, it's not worth 2k gold even in good situations for it
    It's still used, people just aren't used to it not being everywhere anymore.

Situational items are not going to be used 100% of the time, it will be used when needed.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 1,478
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    And dammit it was one of the best decisions Hirez ever did to this game.

Magi's made the game boring,
    too much cc made this game booring
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Achievements:
    It's still used, people just aren't used to it not being everywhere anymore.

Situational items are not going to be used 100% of the time, it will be used when needed.
    one time
    since the nerf quite a while ago

might as well not exist!
    you need to realize the only reason it was a required pick up is cause the game has TOO MUCH CC
    For those of you who Love Discord and wish to show them support: https://discordapp.com/hypesquad?ref=1HFv9nj0qB (This is a referral link)

Achievements:
    one time
    since the nerf quite a while ago

might as well not exist!
    you need to realize the only reason it was a required pick up is cause the game has TOO MUCH CC
    Or the fact that it was a free Purification Beads every 45-60 seconds without the CDR.

Most of the time the item was bought because of how good it was for the price. Assassins abused it, Guardians abused it, Warriors abused it. Basically anyone who wasn't a Hunter or select Mages could viably build the item into builds.
    Last edited by Goobis; 08-25-2015 at 08:25 PM.

Achievements:
    Or the fact that it was a free Purification Beads every 45-60 seconds.

Most of the time the item was bought because of how good it was for the price.
    EXCEPT ITS NOT BEADS
    less duration, not usable when you want it, costs double and has shitty stats to back that up, no 3 seconds of CDR free
    can be popped without control of it
    Worse beads, much worse beads, so that's why the Cooldown needs to be shorter

Achievements:
    EXCEPT ITS NOT BEADS
    less duration, not usable when you want it, costs double and has shitty stats to back that up, no 3 seconds of CDR free
    can be popped without control of it
    Worse beads, much worse beads, so that's why the Cooldown needs to be shorter
    No thank you.

I never see this item coming back unless it has to, and I don't see that happening anytime soon.