Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: How can SMITE be balanced?

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 405
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Second Class Veteran

How can SMITE be balanced?

So I would love to know what you guys think Hi-Rez should do to balance the game. But here are some points that I think should be balanced

1) ADC's: They crit high damage and has strong lifesteal at the point its not for sustain but to just heal fully.

2) Guardians are not tanky late game, if the game lasts long enough tanks are pretty much dead if they take a lot of damage

3) Hades is not a guardian, and should be changed to the role of mage

4) ADC's should not have CC and a mobility move such as a dash or jump. (Including artemis' 2 that gives movement speed), they should be only for damage not take control of a fight

5) hard CC should be for guardians/warriors, soft CC should be for other roles

6) towers need to buffed a little (increased attack speed), tower dive and getting killed is frustrating as well as watching the opposing player escaping with good chunk of health. my fix for this is: increased attack speed based on how many gods in the tower radius. This will effect the gameplay by making towers more dangerous like they should, not something that should be taken lightly, players often say "im just gonna dive him and kill him"

I would love to hear your guys thought on this, comment if theres something you agree with agree with, and if you think something should be added comment
    Hey guys, my name is jithins, I'm the manager of SMITECentral tournament division. If you have any questions dm me at @SCJithins

Senior Member Honoured Determined's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,057
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Party Person
    You can never truly balance this game.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Determined View Post
    You can never truly balance this game.
    you can never truly balance any game
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Moba's will never be balanced.

There are always going to be those super OP gods in the meta as well as the trash picks who shouldn't be played.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal

Senior Member Honoured Determined's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,057
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Party Person
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    Pong is pretty balanced.

Senior Member Prestigious LuxInterior's Avatar
    Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 1,398
    Achievements:
    Party Person Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class
    Pong is pretty balanced.
    Have you seen how Luigi jumps higher than Mario, but he slips as on ice all the time? Completely unbalanced.
    Learn Smite with tough love on my #SargeSeries
    Motörheads is recruiting! Sign up here

Senior Member Prestigious BhastetKurza's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class
    Pong is pretty balanced.
    No two paddles are the same.
    Wow...

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead BloodyCastrator's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 22
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    This game is just bad, the amount of bs I see unfold every match has made me stop playing.
    When everything starts to die in 2 hits then you know thats not balanced.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Due to some truly terrible design decisions, this game is impossible to balance. I'll list a few of the biggest problems below:

1. RNG not related to crit. Specifically Midguardian Mail and Sylvanus's passive. This is unbalanceable because results do not depend on player skill, and may or may not factor into an effective play purely by luck. Even crits have this problem, but they have been grandfathered in.

2. Too much CC focus. This game takes CC way too far. To the extent almost the entire game is "balanced" (and I use the term loosely here) around it. It's to the extent that purification beads is almost considered mandatory if you don't have another 2 actives you desperately need, and no matter how much they nerf Magi's Blessing, it's going to be crucial at times just to manage the ridiculous CC. Fights often turn into a huge CC fest where one character gets locked down by multiple CC attacks until they die with no ability to fight back, and gods without hard CC are of questionable effectiveness unless they have something else overpowering in their kit to make up for it. Other MOBA's usually balance this by only giving some characters hard CC, and usually only 1 CC skill in their entire kit, with entire classes of characters almost completely lacking in it. Often characters with good CC skills in other MOBA's tend to have major weaknesses to balance it out as well.

3.Undetectable invisibility. Seriously? Only Hou Yi has any ability to detect invisible gods? Because of this, invisibility is an unbalancable gimmick. Characters like Loki are always going to be either overpowered, or very bad, soley because they have to be balanced around an uncounterable gimmick in their kit.

4.Too much mobility provided by skills. Thor, Ratatoskr, Apollo, Athena, etc. When a character is able to press a button to cover a huge stretch of the map in a very short span of time, bypassing wards in the process. It limits counterplay, and limited counterplay is bad for balance. Not just ultimates either. The ridiculous amount of mobility skills in the game is like the overabundance of CC in that it hugely limits what can make for a viable kit because the person in the match without mobility skills is always going to stand out as the person who is most easily singled out and killed. There is just too much of them in this game.

5.Too much rock paper scissors. Hard counters are taken too far, and I don't just mean matchups. Even the items lend themselves to making the game unbalancable. A good example is the ridiculous amount of anti-heal items, and then the gods with anti-heal abilities. When you design so many items and gods around countering specific other items and gods, balance becomes very conditional and divorced from player skill.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur