Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: #GiveBackTheSixthTick!

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by frenzy64 View Post
    Is going from 250 damage to 300 damage really that amazing? :|
    Yes. The difference between 250 + 75% and 300 + 90% is huge, especially on a god that can hit the magical power cap pretty easily.

+1 for the sixth tick.

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BhastetKurza View Post
    You're kidding me right?

You clearly couldn't tell that my comment was sarcastic?

Even after I suggested a 7th tick?

You disappoint me.

Get out of my face.
    Well on your current level of argumentation you showed in some other threads i am really not sure what is sarcastic from you and what not. So you cant blame me....not at all.

Senior Member Prestigious BhastetKurza's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post
    Well on your current level of argumentation you showed in some other threads i am really not sure what is sarcastic from you and what not. So you cant blame me....not at all.
    If I call a 6th tick OP and suggest a 7th tick despite calling the 6th OP.

Something should click.
    Wow...

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Give his 2 immunity to soft cc for its duration instead of just slows for one second.

Give his 3 a cripple when you're inside it or decrease its windup time.

Give his 1 a knockback to the first target hit.

Give his ult a lower windup time.

Pick any change to make Kukulkan more viable. Personally I'd go for the first and third one. The first would increase his survivability. The third would give his 1 and 3 more synergy as he could knock them into his tornado and it would also increase his survivability as he could create space between himself and his opponent.

I don't like the idea of his 3 having a cripple, and I think with its synergy with gem of isolation, along with his passive's synergy with gem of isolation gives it far too much utility if you also give it a cripple or make it easier to hit. All of his other abilities lag behind his tornado significantly already and it's already a strong zoning tool. His tornado doesn't need buffs so much as his kit just needs to work better with itself. A knockback that he could use to force other players into that tornado would be a buff to the tornado while also buffing his 1 as well, meaning his tornado wouldn't be his entire kit any more.

I think this is a good idea and I've been saying it for almost a year now. Really wish HiRez would pay attention to this stuff, it's a fair change to make and not complicated to code considering it would be similar in utility to Anhur's spear.
    Last edited by RippleApple; 08-24-2015 at 11:52 AM.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    That sounds almost identical to Poseidon. His first ability is already great, you just can't lane with it, while his third ability is significantly worse than either Scylla's Crush or Poseidon's Whirlpool, dealing comparable damage with none of the utility. One more tick is all it needs for it to go from sub-par to good.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Azilo View Post
    Instead of a 6th tick, just decrease the mana cost and lower the time it takes to place a 'nado. Done.
    Isn't that basically a 6th tick?
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Isn't that basically a 6th tick?
    How does cast speed affect the DMG ? Let alone hits.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichimarou View Post
    How does cast speed affect the DMG ? Let alone hits.
    Cast speed gives it time to refresh once.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Cast speed gives it time to refresh once.
    Nononono youre mixing up something. The cast time is the time you need to cast the spell. Kuku for example spins around himself and after that he casts the tornado. Another example would be Hou Yi. He fires into the air before he actually casts his ultimate.

Cast speed has nothing to do with the tornado ticks.

Senior Member Prestigious RippleApple's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 1,307
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by HawkboyJr View Post
    One more tick is all it needs for it to go from sub-par to good.
    It being the tornado. Not Kukulkan. Even with more ticks he'd still be pretty bad if he can never hit the darn thing outside of casuals and if he's as easy to camp as he is. It also renders his kit incredibly lopsided since Kukulkan is his tornado.

I'm not convinced that adding a tick will do anything, considering he was subpar a year ago when he still had that tick, and newer, stronger gods like Bellona and Ratatoskr have come out since then. He'll still be subpar no matter how you slice it. He needs fundamental changes or he's always going to be subpar.

You brought up Poseidon, and act like it being similar to how he does things is bad. Yet think about Poseidon for a second.

His 1 knocks back and does damage to everything it hits. Kukulkan's only slows and does damage.

His 2 gives him a movement speed buff and a basic attack buff. Kukulkan's gives him movement speed and one second of slow immunity (which is a joke).

His 3 is an aoe that does damage and cripples, forcing beads. Kukulkan's is an aoe that does damage and continues to do damage after they leave the area for a few seconds, therefore working better with gem of iso because simply leaving the aoe doesn't cleanse its effects so easily. These abilities are about even in utility.

His ult is a giant knockup aoe that's almost impossible to miss because of how quickly it comes out while also being huge, and synergizes well with his 3. Kukulkan's ult is a large line ability that takes forever to come out that also knocks up and synergizes fairly well with his 1 but not as well as Kukulkan's cripple.

Poseidon's 1 > Kukulkan's 1
    Poseidon's 2 > Kukulkan's 2
    Poseidon's 3 = Kukulkan's 3
    Poseidon's 4 > Kukulkan's 4

Suppose you add one more tick to Kukulkan's 3. Suppose that little bit of extra damage makes it better than Poseidon's 3. What then? Does that magically change the fact that the rest of Kukulkan's kit is still trash? No, it just makes it more apparently obvious.

Maybe you give him an extra tick. Maybe you don't give him an extra tick. But even if you do, one other ability should be superior to Poseidon's. I don't care which. I don't care how. Do that, and you'll see him about as often as Poseidon in competitive play.
    Last edited by RippleApple; 08-24-2015 at 05:54 PM.