Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: so called: Guardians

Junior Member Cupidhead ChainedGod's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class

Angry so called: Guardians

Why do guardians have such high dmg scaling, literally all they need to do is grab 1 dmg item among their def items and their skills deal 300-700 dmg. If they are supposed to be tanky why almost all guardians have passives which give them more dmg in some way. Then someone would say stuff like 'don't get hit', 'use beads/magis' for their cc.... but it's nearly impossible to deal with more than one guardian spamming their skills. Idk if hi rez is building their balance patches around conquest where you deal with one guardian, but in the rest of the modes its more common to see 2 guardians wiping the whole team, esp in joust. It is anyway hard enough to deal with their tankiness and the amount of cc but once you get to taste the dmg everything changes. Classes like hunters/mages/some assassins get down in 2-3 shots while the guardians take tons of them, eat the little cc others have and deal some massive dmg. And if thats not enough once you have 2 of them who either stack mystic mail or burst you down in a second it's nearly impossible to win.

Senior Member Honoured BorneBlood's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Achievements:
    Party Person 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Not all guardians, top of my head - Ares def. the most damaging and OP guardian (not best, but op), Ymir, Kumb. So like 3.

Junior Member Cupidhead ChainedGod's Avatar
    Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 308
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    Don't forget bacchus with his passive/belly flop and ult. Athena can also deal some dmg with her 3 ;x and i've also never seen a negative sobek but atleast his main dmg comes from his ult not all of this skills =x

Senior Member Honoured BorneBlood's Avatar
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 360
    Achievements:
    Party Person 5000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    yeah, bacchus is alright, but not the best "guardian", not very picked now adays too, there are much better picks.

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Ymir is immobile and his spells have a delay of 10 minutes.
    Sylvanus, Geb and Khepri deal no damage.
    Bacchus and Ares have limited clear.
    Athena has only one good instance of CC.
    Khepri silences himself in his 1 and has no AoE hard CC.
    Kumbhakarna screws himself over with DR.
    Cabrakan and Hades are horrid hard tanks.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Usually guardians have poor scaling, so they rely on base damage as their main source of output lategame.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    I think guardians need an adjustment to their base damage and increase to scaling. Instead of having 360+40% scaling, it should be something like 280+75% scaling. The higher the scaling the more a guardian would need to dedicate to power. Right now a Ymir is going to do 700+ damage to you with NO damaging abilities outside of boots. Freeze+Glacier strike on any mage is going to put a huge dent in them. lowering guardians base attack and increase scaling would make them more reliant on building actual damage items, rather than, I have 600 base damage in an ability, no need to build anything!

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    ares full MP is da MVP
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    I think guardians need an adjustment to their base damage and increase to scaling. Instead of having 360+40% scaling, it should be something like 280+75% scaling. The higher the scaling the more a guardian would need to dedicate to power. Right now a Ymir is going to do 700+ damage to you with NO damaging abilities outside of boots. Freeze+Glacier strike on any mage is going to put a huge dent in them. lowering guardians base attack and increase scaling would make them more reliant on building actual damage items, rather than, I have 600 base damage in an ability, no need to build anything!
    A mage's job is to build power and destroy enemies with scaling.
    A guardian's job is to build defense and dent enemies with base damage for other classes to defeat.
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Honoured Wylderman's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    (To OP) Get out. (Guardians can be other roles than just SUPPORTS. Ex: Ymir Jungler, Kumbhakarna Solo, Hades Solo, Cabraken Jungler, Athena Jungler, etc.)
    ADC: Bakasura, Hou Yi, Xbalaque, Sol

Support: Sobek, Sylvanus, Khepri, Guan Yu

Jungler: Thanatos, Odin, Chaac, Serqet

Mid: Chronos, Kumbahkarna, Kukulkan, Fenrir

Solo: Sun Wukong, Hercules, Hades, Zhong Kui