Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ELO Cutoff?

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

ELO Cutoff?

Matchmaking should really have an ELO cutoff. For example, look at this previous match (I'm the Kumbha). I get that matchmaking tries to get an "average" ELO, but putting a bottom of the barrel player like this He-Bo really hurts the team with them on it. Basically, everyone is 2k+ SmiteGuru score (which I know is an approximate ELO), yet this He-Bo is only around 1600 ELO. Surprise, the He-Bo fed and was garbage. ELOs for matches should have a cutoff, like 2k ELO players against 2k ELO players. Anyone agree?

http://smite.guru/censor/match/hr/13232

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 198
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    when will peoples learn that smiteguru score means nothing and its not "'ELO""
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I heard SmiteGuru score is a modified ELO, but I think it's still a good rough indication of skill. The higher your SmiteGuru score, the more "skilled" you generally are. I just don't know why my team got a Level 27 He-Bo with a score around 1600 who solo queue'd (if it was a duo queue that's more reasonable), who was obviously much worse than anyone else in the game. I don't see how matchmaking thinks this is fair.

Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    theres just a little difrence in skill between peoples with 1500 or 2500 smiteguru score but thats it i have told this many times and i have seen peoples from 1500 up to 3k smiteguru score theres no huge skillcap between these peoples i also have seen peoples who arent even 30lvl and they have 2500score
    Last edited by RainbowSplat; 08-16-2015 at 08:47 PM.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious BhastetKurza's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class
    SmiteGuru score is not even close to the algorithms they use to calculate matchmaking.

SmiteGuru Score is fake and it literally means nothing.

You could have 3k SmiteGuru score and still get matched up with someone who has 900 GuruScore.

HiRezPonPon said it himself that after a certain amount of time, the parameters for a match become more loose to actually get people into the game instead of waiting hours for the "perfect" match up of all skilled players.

If things were to go the way you all wanted it, everyone would be having hour long queues waiting for the perfect match up.

It may sound dumb but I'd rather take my chances with idiots than play a Conquest match every 2 or 3 hours.

Then again, this is why I premade.
    Wow...

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    that smiteguru score is so random the range you can get is +2 up to +50 and same goes how much u can lose from 2 up to 50 per one match

Member Worshipper
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,091
    Achievements:
    Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Elo starts at 1700 and you can have a 19% win rate and still have over 900 elo . Because u only lose about 20 elo per game

Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by BishopxX View Post
    Elo starts at 1700 and you can have a 19% win rate and still have over 900 elo . Because u only lose about 20 elo per game
    default smiteguru score is 1500 default elo in ranked is 1500...i think....

Level completed: 87%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Smiteguru's Casual Elo is a lie and is only an estimate.

There is no way to truely see your casual ELO and Hirez has stated that they don't plan on making it seen either.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    when will peoples learn that smiteguru score means nothing and its not "'ELO""
    NEVER!

lol.