Thread: Magic Academy Awilix [Skin Concept with Art]

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Minzzway's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

Red face Magic Academy Awilix [Skin Concept with Art]

Hello again! Now, I'm definitely not the first to suggest a Witch concept for Awilix, but here's my take on it! This is inspired by the animation Little Witch Academia. It is rather ambitious, with many animation/effect changes. This is NOT meant to be a "magical girl" trope like Sailor Moon.

In this concept, Awilix is an apprentice witch studying at a Witch Academy. She is still learning, so she is a bit clumsy, especially when it comes to flying. However, she is very cheerful, and is determined to be the greatest witch ever.

Click here for the full size version!

Click here for the full size version!

And additional misc. art!

Tier: T4

Type: Since she already has a T4, and due to large animation/effect changes I'd put this as a exclusive/limited; probably Halloween.

VGS: Original voice actress with different lines and no added voice effect would be peachy keen.

Model: Her face model and skin colour should stay the same as the original. Her hair is coloured reddish brown, and is let down, but keeps the two "rings".

Effects: Small glow/sparkles from the gems on her staff and wand. Light from the grimoire.

VGS References: Preferably just from Little Witch Academia and maybe Touhou. General magic references are fine, not too cheesy though.

Here's a rundown!

ANIMATIONS

• During combat, she wields her broomstaff in one hand, and her grimoire in the other.
    • When idle/not in combat, Awilix studies her grimoire. As long as she is not in combat, she will continue to read, even while walking/running/jumping.
    • When stabbing with her broomstaff, there are small bursts of magic with every attack. When attacking with her wand, the magic travels farther to match the broomstaff's range. The basic attack animations for the wand are different, and usually include spinning it in her hand.
    • When casting Moonlight Charge, and for the duration of the Gravity Surge buff, her grimoire will float open beside her, light glowing from the pages.

ABILITIES

Suku

• Suku is a normal sized black cat. She acts just like Chang'e's Jade Rabbit, meaning she will follow Awilix around independently.

Mount Suku

• Instead of Suku, her staff turns into a broom and she mounts it. Suku also jumps on, riding in front of her on the handle.
    • Awilix is a tad unsteady when flying the broom, and when activating Leap, she loses control, panics, and crashes onto the targeted area.

Featherstep

• Awilix flips over her target, brandishing her wand and pointing it at their head she passes over in an attempt to hex them. There is a spark of magic from her wand hitting her target as she flips.

Moonlight Charge

• Suku quickly moves to the front of Awilix. Using her wand, Awilix quickly casts a growth charm on Suku, who grows to the regular panther size while charging. Reaching the end of the charge, Suku shrinks back to normal and runs back to Awilix.

Gravity Surge

• Awilix channels her magic through her grimoire, and switches to her wand until the attack speed buff has faded. There is a magic, glowing runic circle under her for the duration.
    • In the case of a knocked up enemy, Awilix pulls them towards her with a beam of light from her wand, and there is a blast of magic from her wand when they reach her.
    • The markings on her glow slightly for the duration of the buff.

For an example of the voicelines, follow this link to the reddit thread.

Not bad? Not good? Feel free to tell me what you think, as well as share it if you like it! And as always, Hi-Rez is allowed to take this concept if they so please.
    Skin Concepts
    Magic Academy Awilix (concept & splash arts)
    Playful Spirit/Youkai Awilix (concept & splash arts)
    Artificer Awilix (concept & splash arts)
    Astral Awilix (concept art)
    Highlander Athena (concept art)

New Member Cupidhead eazyduzit1234's Avatar
    Level completed: 7%, Points required for next Level: 374
    you have my support, hope it makes it
    ~EH

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I LOVE IT!!!!!! HANDS DOWN ONE OF THE GREATEST CONCEPTS OUT THERE!!!!
    YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT!!
    GOD BLESS!

Skin Concepts Please check them out if you have time and your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

god skin Concept Compilation

and my very first god concept
    god concept : Theia/Thea - The goddess of sight and precious stones/gems

Hopefully we'll see them in the game soon.

Thank you so much and God bless!
    From yours truly:
    -DanceOn (Dancer, Choreographer, Skin concept designer and more stuff.) XOXO

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Minzzway's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 459
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by eazyduzit1234 View Post
    you have my support, hope it makes it
    Thank ya~

Quote Originally Posted by DanceON View Post
    I LOVE IT!!!!!! HANDS DOWN ONE OF THE GREATEST CONCEPTS OUT THERE!!!!
    YOU HAVE MY SUPPORT!!
    GOD BLESS!
    Haha, such enthusiasm! Many thanks!
    Skin Concepts
    Magic Academy Awilix (concept & splash arts)
    Playful Spirit/Youkai Awilix (concept & splash arts)
    Artificer Awilix (concept & splash arts)
    Astral Awilix (concept art)
    Highlander Athena (concept art)

Junior Member Cupidhead Sidsloth101's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 327
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    Really like this idea. Don't play awilix but would really make a great addition to the game.

New Member Cupidhead Sai1or Rey's Avatar
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 384
    YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!This would be the beat thing ever!!! She is my favorite god to play and the newest skin they came out with was disappointing but OMG this is AMAZING!!

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 454
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran Full Profile!
    Okay, how, how isn't this already a thing? I can't play Awilix for my life in a Team fight, but I need it.
    Last edited by Tallamueu; 01-02-2016 at 06:26 PM.
    Just passing by...