Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Mechanics

Senior Member Honoured Boomerangbro's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

New Mechanics

Ok, now don't you go aggro on me just because I play both League and Smite, but I just wanted to point something out that may be fun in Smite.

So League has these Champions that don't necessarily have to rely on mana for casting. They instead, replace mana with other sources of casting, such as energy or blood.

With energy, it works similar to mana in that you can cast using energy in your resource bar, but it regens faster and allows you for a more aggressive playstyle.

Blood, is what I would really like to see in Smite. You have NO mana or energy, but you use your OWN HP to cast abilites. Say you were to fight someone. One ability would cost 5% of your hp, but you could regen through other abilities. You can cast as much as you want, but at the cost of your own health, making for fun plays.

Then there is no resources whatsoever. It is just you relying on cooldowns. You have no mana, energy or hp costs. You can throw as many abilities as you want with no costs, just, you have longer cooldowns.

I think adding new resources into Smite would be a fun and unique way to play Gods.

Senior Member Prestigious McKnightrider's Avatar
    Level completed: 15%, Points required for next Level: 1,368
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person
    Thanatos uses the whole blood thing
    Ao Kuang is similar to the whole energy thing.
    I wouldn't care to see either. They just don't fit into the game outside of being unique to certain characters and even then it sucks on both of those characters.

Senior Member Honoured Jezereal's Avatar
    Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 899
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 3 months registered Full Profile! Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class
    Thantos, uses HP. Other than that I HATE the idea of energy. CDR is good enough. No energy bars. Mana is fine.
    I can carry you in Omnipotence game mode, or any other with 80% CDR, send me an invite IGN: Jezereal
    The 10k post award belongs to bob.
    This man deserves a medal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    If you're gonna keep posting without reading anything, you better not even show yourself in the topic.

Senior Member Honoured Wylderman's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    *Mastered Thanatos* We need a god of sacrifice that cuts themselves to summon demons.

Too Soon?
    ADC: Bakasura, Hou Yi, Xbalaque, Sol

Support: Sobek, Sylvanus, Khepri, Guan Yu

Jungler: Thanatos, Odin, Chaac, Serqet

Mid: Chronos, Kumbahkarna, Kukulkan, Fenrir

Solo: Sun Wukong, Hercules, Hades, Zhong Kui

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Wylderman View Post
    *Mastered Thanatos* We need a god of sacrifice that cuts themselves to summon demons.

Too Soon?
    I have a god with sacrifices concept, but he doesn't sacrifice himself and uses mana. Check my signature.

Senior Member Honoured SinDreadElla's Avatar
    Level completed: 33%, Points required for next Level: 737
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Veteran
    The one thing I never understood in League is, if they want to make a champion that regenerates their "ability casting resource" faster why not just make it a passive where you regenerate mana faster for moving, attacking, taking damage, standing still, being out of combat, etc, etc.

In my opinion, it's just a cheap method of making players think each characters are "unique" for using different types of resource and does nothing more than another layer of complication.
    But then again other MOBAs as well try to outdo themselves by adding more complexity and trying to be different.

Dota has that as well with the whole Intelligence, Strength or Agility heroes.
    And Smite also has this whole "Magical" or "Physical" heroes.
    When it comes to that, I prefer LoL's AP or AD system because any character has the choice to build their method of dealing damage and defending that damage.

EDIT:
    On-topic, I did created a HP+mana using god (Shezmu) as seen in my signature though.
    While using HP only is unique, risky and fun, I think it will be hard to balance a god like that because you'll inevitably have to increase that god's HP capacity by default or make the HP cost of casting spells so low to the point where risk is no longer involved.
    Other problems such as the god being unable to fight back when it's low on health, etc (like how Thana can't use his ult to run away at less than 10% health) could create some problems for the player using the god.

Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 210
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Wylderman View Post

Too Soon?
    I'm watching paranormal activity right now while reading this lol

Senior Member Honoured OverlordHades's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 862
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Energy is a horrible mechanic in league, dont bring it here.

Senior Member Chosen SleepyStorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,049
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by OverlordHades View Post
    Energy is a horrible mechanic in league, dont bring it here.
    I agree. Those with relatively free resources have a huge advantage over mana users because it regenerates rather quickly for the most part in comparison, which means there is only a restriction of cooldowns.

It was fine when they gave it to the ninja trinity (plus Zed), but after that, it was just too much when they kept handing out these free things to more and more champions.

It's an unbalanceable resource to say the least.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead IOnlyPlaySupport's Avatar
    Level completed: 96%, Points required for next Level: 16
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 250 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Every time you use "Champion" instead of "God", a kitten rolls over and dies.

Please, think of the kittens.
    I am a ghost, who once died of alcohol poisoning. Now I paddle people who b*tch too much.
    There's a nail in the 2x4 I use....and it's rusty.