Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Erebus God of Darkness

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Erohnic's Avatar
    Level completed: 92%, Points required for next Level: 41
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 3 months registered 500 Experience Points

Erebus God of Darkness

Erebus: God of Darkness and Shadows
    Lore: Erebus was one of the primordial deities in Greek mythology, born out of the primeval void, Chaos. It was the personification of the deep darkness and shadows. Erebus was the brother of Gaea (earth), Tartarus (underworld), Eros (love), and Nyx (night). From the union of Erebus and Nyx, various children were produced, including Aether, Hemera (day), Hypnos (sleep), the Moirai (the Fates), Geras (old age) and Thanatos (death). The word Erebus was also used to indicate a region of the Underworld where the dead would go immediately after dying.

Summary:
    Pantheon: Greek
    Weapon of Choice: Double Blades (See Above)
    Type: Melee, Physical
    Role: Assassin
    Hit progression: 0.7-1-1-1,2

This is my first real God Concept, and I wanted to go with a lesser known God, that has potential to be amazing. Feel free to tell me what I should change, what I should add, etc. Keep in mind, this is the first concept I have made.

(Passive) God of Shadows
    For every 5s Erebus is not in combat, the more he retreats into the shadows (Stacks: 5). For each stack, 2 meters of in game distance is deducted from him being spotted. (Meaning Erebus has to be closer to the minion/God to be seen)

(Skill 1) Engulf
    Erebus engulfs an enemy in shadows, not allowing them to see their map or anyone, friend or foe. Damaging the God over time. (Lasts for 5 seconds.)
    Damage:5/10/15/20/25 (Every second)
    Cost:40/45/50/55/65
    Cooldown:15 seconds

(Skill 2) Reach
    Erebus uses shadows to reach out a couple feet to hit an enemy up into the air, stunning them once hitting the ground. When using this skill, while passing through minions, hitting more than one god will damage all, while the first one hit is hit into the air an stunned.
    Damage:25/50/75/100/150
    Cost:30/40/50/60/75
    Cooldown:20 seconds

(Skill 3) Shadow Blade
    Erebus extends his blades by infusing shadows and darkness into his blades. Making the range of attack longer, and the damage mobility higher, while lowering attack speed for a duration.
    Damage:+10/+20/+30/+40/+50 (Physical Power)
    Cost:20/30/40/50/60
    Cooldown:30 seconds

(Ultimate) Lunge Into Darkness
    Erebus chooses a God and sends a mass of shadows to latch onto said God, slowing the enemy. After a duration, the mass explodes, doing massive damage and stunning the god for 3 seconds. (Duration: 5 Seconds)
    Damage:175/225/275/350/450 (+110% of his Physical Power)
    Cost:125
    Cooldown:90 seconds

I am not good with the Damage, Cost, Cooldown, etc. so that is the things I will need the most feedback on in my opinion. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Erohnic; 08-21-2015 at 08:23 AM.

Senior Member Honoured redmist456's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    I like the concept. The passive is unique (I surely want to see somethin like that in game, a passive that limits vision). Kinda confused with skill #2 though. Other than that, nice concept dude
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

POLYNESIAN PANTHEON GOD CONCEPT THREAD

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Forum Moderator Prestigious Aurasai's Avatar
    Level completed: 75%, Points required for next Level: 430
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Repped! First Class Arm of the Law! Party Person Veteran
    I love the passive. The first skill is also decent. I can't tell how the second one is being used from the description. Is it a targeted AOE, radius around you or a skillshot?

I don't really like the 3rd ability. For one, you can't have both physical and magical scaling in Smite. Secondly as the skill has an AI, and as such it's unreliable as it will likely go off to the nearest minion, ignoring everything else. Then the health is also way too high.

As for the ultimate, Ao Kuang has pretty much the same ult.

Other stuff: Supremacy game mode and item suggestions

Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by redmist456 View Post
    I like the concept. The passive is unique (I surely want to see somethin like that in game, a passive that limits vision). Kinda confused with skill #2 though. Other than that, nice concept dude
    The skill 2 is kinda like Hercules' skill 2 Earth-Breaker, but instead of knocking the enemy towards the god, it knocks them up and stuns. But the reach still goes further after the first hit, but instead of being knocked up and stunned, it only does damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurasai View Post
    I love the passive. The first skill is also decent. I can't tell how the second one is being used from the description. Is it a targeted AOE, radius around you or a skillshot?

I don't really like the 3rd ability. For one, you can't have both physical and magical scaling in Smite. Secondly as the skill has an AI, and as such it's unreliable as it will likely go off to the nearest minion, ignoring everything else. Then the health is also way too high.

As for the ultimate, Ao Kuang has pretty much the same ult.
    What do you suggest I should put for a third ability? I understand why you say that. And to be honest, I meant to delete the Magic power, that was for something else. And as for the ultimate, I couldn't really think of too much.. When I was looking into him, I saw that he had the power of transformation. Never saw what to though. Then I thought about a Fenrir-esk ult, where he grows into a giant mass of darkness, but I wouldn't know what to do after that. And I didn't think about that at all. Ao Kuang slipped my mind completely when I was making this.
    Last edited by Erohnic; 08-08-2015 at 08:57 AM.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    I have a suggestion. For his ultimate..... Its kinda like specter from Dota, when she activates the skill replicas of her will appear on each enemy location and she can teleport on one of her replicas. In this case He will Summon up replicas of himself on each enemy, but he cannot teleport on them instead when the duration of the skill is finish the replicas will explode dealing massive damage.
    Those replicas will prioritize hitting the god they are assigned to.

Oh and by the way his passive reminds me of Eve from Lol, a lot.

Like the concept!
    GOD BLESS!

Skin Concepts Please check them out if you have time and your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

god skin Concept Compilation

and my very first god concept
    god concept : Theia/Thea - The goddess of sight and precious stones/gems

Hopefully we'll see them in the game soon.

Thank you so much and God bless!
    From yours truly:
    -DanceOn (Dancer, Choreographer, Skin concept designer and more stuff.) XOXO

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DanceON View Post
    I have a suggestion. For his ultimate..... Its kinda like specter from Dota, when she activates the skill replicas of her will appear on each enemy location and she can teleport on one of her replicas. In this case He will Summon up replicas of himself on each enemy, but he cannot teleport on them instead when the duration of the skill is finish the replicas will explode dealing massive damage.
    Those replicas will prioritize hitting the god they are assigned to.

Oh and by the way his passive reminds me of Eve from Lol, a lot.

Like the concept!
    GOD BLESS!
    I took your idea and expanded upon it briefly, I am hoping this ultimate is more unique. And again, I will say I have yet to think of a god with this kind of ability. I also created a new skill 3.
    Last edited by Erohnic; 08-08-2015 at 10:17 AM.

Achievements:
    Feel Free to even add Skin Ideas/Taunts.
    Last edited by Erohnic; 08-08-2015 at 03:30 PM.

Junior Member Cupidhead TheWarrioR999's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 500 Experience Points
    Erebus does deserve more attention. Hope he wins. Good concept

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWarrioR999 View Post
    Erebus does deserve more attention. Hope he wins. Good concept
    Thank you. I would really like to win, but alas, I don't get much attention for this concept.

Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 319
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I hope Erebus Wins!