Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: For Season 3 - Get Rid of Boots

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,603
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor 25000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    If you got rid of boots I think everyone would just buy Fatalis.
    i would quit smite on first day if something like this would happen xD
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Senior Member Prestigious BhastetKurza's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class
    I want pen boots for phys classes so being an assassin can be easier.
    Wow...

Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    lol has aeons of boots. just make more options

Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SpitefulOne View Post
    Speeds up the start of the game, check.

Removes mandatory slot and improves build diversity, check.

Damage doesn't necessarily increase due to another slot for a defense or offense item and the suggestion was for Season 3 when they normally look at items anyway.

Thanks for supporting the argument even if you don't fully understand it.
    Speeding up the start of the game is NOT something you do want to have!

Having a slower start makes the lanes safer, and lets have different speeds during the game making the gameplay feel different at the start and at the end.

It does not improve build diversity it would most likely decrease it! (You lack the choice on WHEN to build movementspeed, this means you will just go for best damage path and this is not something subjective, but objective calculateable!)

And of course ADCs would profit most from it since they profit the most from full build...

Having to look at items is one thing, but having to rebalance the whole game, because someone does not like shoes is something different...
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!
    ARGUMENTS NEED FACTS AND CORRECT DEDUCTION!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validit...y_of_arguments

Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 102
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by McKnightrider View Post
    If you got rid of boots I think everyone would just buy Fatalis.
    And thats the other side of the coin. We remove boots so we dont always fit a slot with them....but then there is Fatalis. Seems like the same problem with a new colour to me.

Senior Member Honoured Wylderman's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Just add a seventh item slot like they had in beta, now things will be OP, but balanced. I must have shield of regrowth on thanatos (seventh item slot), must have 7th item slot.
    ADC: Bakasura, Hou Yi, Xbalaque, Sol

Support: Sobek, Sylvanus, Khepri, Guan Yu

Jungler: Thanatos, Odin, Chaac, Serqet

Mid: Chronos, Kumbahkarna, Kukulkan, Fenrir

Solo: Sun Wukong, Hercules, Hades, Zhong Kui

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 317
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by TigrisCallidus View Post
    Speeding up the start of the game is NOT something you do want to have!

Having a slower start makes the lanes safer, and lets have different speeds during the game making the gameplay feel different at the start and at the end.

It does not improve build diversity it would most likely decrease it! (You lack the choice on WHEN to build movementspeed, this means you will just go for best damage path and this is not something subjective, but objective calculateable!)

And of course ADCs would profit most from it since they profit the most from full build...

Having to look at items is one thing, but having to rebalance the whole game, because someone does not like shoes is something different...
    Being able to escape faster makes lanes safer as well and death less punitive.

Your build order argument is the illusion of choice since you're not going to buy them late in the game.

This is a season 3 suggestion so other item changes would likely be made as well. No change is made in a vacuum. Part of the problem stems from the fact that most offensive items are just stat sticks with no real intangible bonus.

You wouldn't get to full 6 item build any faster. You would actually get there slower due to the increased overall cost since boots are a low cost item comparatively.

Senior Member Honoured TenWildAbras's Avatar
    Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 185
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I like the idea, but we don't need more slots to increase build diversity, we need more items. While the list slowly grows, there is still one big problem. Crit is practically mandatory for ADCs.

While I love my Neith power/pen build in truth, it doesn't compete with an AS crit build. It usually requires you being ahead or better than your ADC counter part. But as satisfying as out playing people is, the build is limited to a few people, namely Cupid and Neith, and there is too much risk to not just go the better build.

For mages, it's Tahuti, which isn't too bad since it's only one item, and as someone brilliantly pointed out, the choice isn't what, but when. Tahuti is a huge power power and practically mandatory, but when you build is a huge choice.

So.. I don't think removing boots while change anything, a new item from the meta will take it's place.

Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 3,201
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    When Hirez tried to lower down boots in the Season 2 PTS, everyone just skipped them and bought Witch Blade or Winged Blade. Hell some support players just buy tier 1 shoes and rush Winged Blade still.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Level completed: 31%, Points required for next Level: 485
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by SpitefulOne View Post
    Boots automatically diminish the number of purchase decisions the player makes by 1 (out of 6) and their design is about dragging out the laning phase (also making dieing early more punishing due to increased time to get to lane).

Suggestion #1: Baseline the movement speed from boots into each God's move speed. This speeds up the early game and opens up more possible item combinations.

Suggestion #2: Add smaller amounts of movement speed to many items so that a full 6 item build will have the standard amount of movement speed. This opens up more build options but would slow the game down as movement speed would no longer be an all or nothing stat.
    Couldn't agree more!