Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Zhang Fei, God of Butchering Blades - SMITE God/Goddess Idea

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by redmist456 View Post
    that, dear sir, is a different game, and a fictionalized form of the original story. I was viewing him from the life before he joined the war. He was a butcher. Then, in the war, he was described as a ruthless and cruel tactician, killed by subordinates. the ones who he is supposed to trust in times of war. Wouldn't you be angry at the world if the men you trust most beheaded you?

and did you read your comment? you said *ahem* dynasty warriors *ahem*. This is SMITE, not dynasty warriors.

Besides, i envision him as a dead man come back to life.
    *ahem* zhang fei is a dynasty warriors character *ahem* i dont know another zhang fei in any other games
    Last edited by VoicesSs; 07-19-2015 at 08:30 PM.
    My wings are a HURRICANE

Senior Member Honoured redmist456's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 679
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by VoicesSs View Post
    *ahem* zhang fei is a dynasty warriors character *ahem* i dont know another zhang fei in any other games
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Fei

A quote from zhang fei's page in wikipedia, under "MODERN REFERENCE"
    "Zhang Fei is featured as a playable character (meaning his character in that game was based off of someone) in all instalments of Koei's Dynasty Warriors video game series, as well as Warriors Orochi, a crossover between Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. He also appears in other video games produced by Koei, such as Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dynasty Tactics and Kessen II. Other non-Koei titles that he is featured in include Clash of Kingdoms, Three Kingdoms: Fate of the Dragon and Destiny of an Emperor."

Note: This is modern reference, not the original, real life Zhang Fei

You keep sayin he is a dynasty warrior character, when he himself existed as an actual person they sanctified a long time ago.
    Last edited by redmist456; 07-19-2015 at 11:15 PM.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

POLYNESIAN PANTHEON GOD CONCEPT THREAD

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Claymore07's Avatar
    Level completed: 34%, Points required for next Level: 465
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Very interesting concept. I like it!

Level completed: 56%, Points required for next Level: 354
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by redmist456 View Post
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zhang_Fei

A quote from zhang fei's page in wikipedia, under "MODERN REFERENCE"
    "Zhang Fei is featured as a playable character (meaning his character in that game was based off of someone) in all instalments of Koei's Dynasty Warriors video game series, as well as Warriors Orochi, a crossover between Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors. He also appears in other video games produced by Koei, such as Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Dynasty Tactics and Kessen II. Other non-Koei titles that he is featured in include Clash of Kingdoms, Three Kingdoms: Fate of the Dragon and Destiny of an Emperor."

Note: This is modern reference, not the original, real life Zhang Fei

You keep sayin he is a dynasty warrior character, when he himself existed as an actual person they sanctified a long time ago.
    warriors orochi , dynasty warriors , samurai warriors they are all same game and started by Koei , i've played them all and i doesn't see any zhang fei with butchering blades
    My wings are a HURRICANE

Achievements:
    Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Repped! Second Class Veteran 10000 Experience Points
    warriors orochi , dynasty warriors , samurai warriors they are all same game and started by Koei , i've played them all and i doesn't see any zhang fei with butchering blades
    Did you even read the link i provided? i made him have butchering blades since i was referring to what he was before the war started, a butcher.

Did you even read the link i provided? He was a true, real character that existed long before koei even existed. like guan yu. Guan yu was in those games, yet he existed as a true, living saint even before the company named KOEI was conceived.

Here are two other link (that hopefully you will fully read). It features the adventures of liu bei, guan yu and zhang fei. It was created in thr 14th century. The company Koei was created in 1978.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roma...Three_Kingdoms

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List...Three_Kingdoms

By the way, this is SMITE. Not Dynasty Warrior. He has a spear there, and here I thought of him having butcher blades. Based on your argument, it's like saying Hades in SMITE should have Hook in chains for weapons, since God of War 3 had Hades with said weapons.
    Or that Apollo shoulld have an actual bow instead of finger guns.
    Last edited by redmist456; 07-21-2015 at 12:35 AM.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

I'm also planning on starting a concept review (I'll try my best). If you want, PM me so I can review your concepts. Just a little something I want to do to become more connected to the SMITE community.

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Please keep an open mind on what i'm about to say. I'm in the neutral side here. Now that that's out of the way, this is what I think on what sir redmist is saying.
    This forum gives us the creative freedom to make our very own interpretation of gods and mythical creatures. If you have scanned the forum board there are a lot of god concepts with the same god but different interpretations. In this case Sir Redmist went for what he believes will be a perfect interpretation of who Zang Fei is based on his lore. Dynasty warriors has their own interpretation of Zang fei but it doesn't mean we have to copy it, we may get some inspiration in them but in the end of the day, what really matters is what the creator thinks based on what he/she had research, design, modeled and whatnot.

Peace and GOD BLESS!

Skin Concepts Please check them out if you have time and your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

god skin Concept Compilation

and my very first god concept
    god concept : Theia/Thea - The goddess of sight and precious stones/gems

Hopefully we'll see them in the game soon.

Thank you so much and God bless!
    From yours truly:
    -DanceOn (Dancer, Choreographer, Skin concept designer and more stuff.) XOXO

Level completed: 2%, Points required for next Level: 1,372
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! First Class Full Profile! 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by DanceON View Post
    Please keep an open mind on what i'm about to say. I'm in the neutral side here. Now that that's out of the way, this is what I think on what sir redmist is saying.
    This forum gives us the creative freedom to make our very own interpretation of gods and mythical creatures. If you have scanned the forum board there are a lot of god concepts with the same god but different interpretations. In this case Sir Redmist went for what he believes will be a perfect interpretation of who Zang Fei is based on his lore. Dynasty warriors has their own interpretation of Zang fei but it doesn't mean we have to copy it, we may get some inspiration in them but in the end of the day, what really matters is what the creator thinks based on what he/she had research, design, modeled and whatnot.

Peace and GOD BLESS!
    Well said.

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by DanceON View Post

Peace and GOD BLESS!
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreekzies View Post
    Well said.

Thanks guys. Needed help with this one guy.
    Hello Smite, I'm Dad.

MY NEW CONCEPT HUB:

REDMIST456 CONCEPT HUB

New Member Cupidhead KillaSmith's Avatar
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 337
    Achievements:
    7 days registered
    So basicly based on that picture it would be a guardian or warrior

Senior Member Honoured Wylderman's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    You know that Zhang Fei is part of chinese mythology. . .
    Meaning - What this sir/madam typed is accurate he was a butcher and tactician, but he was not a fictional character. He was real. Not some made-up heroe in a video game. .

With the god concept I like it, but I think he should either be a regular assassin (with high sustain), or a burst warrior.
    ADC: Bakasura, Hou Yi, Xbalaque, Sol

Support: Sobek, Sylvanus, Khepri, Guan Yu

Jungler: Thanatos, Odin, Chaac, Serqet

Mid: Chronos, Kumbahkarna, Kukulkan, Fenrir

Solo: Sun Wukong, Hercules, Hades, Zhong Kui