Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: New SmiteGame Website! - Feedback

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead TheWhiteBlade's Avatar
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 444
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    I like the update to the website, but I had a lot of trouble finding forums at first.

Super Moderator Prestigious KingScuba's Avatar
    Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 1,052
    Achievements:
    Arm of the Law! Full Profile! Tagger First Class! Reputation Distributor Tagger Master Class
    Awards:
    Master Tagger
    a few things.

1) The white is ungodly bright on the first page. Change it to a dark grey or put an image behind it.

2) When scrolling over the game modes tabs in the game information, the background picture moves. This is disorienting and makes me feel sick personally. Cool concept, but... yea.

3) When interacting with the various maps, you should also include information about jungle camps, lanes, and towers. It'd be really cool to see detailed information about everything on the map. (For example, How much gold and exp the mid furies give for starters, but maybe how much damage, hp, and spawn timers as well.)

4) The item images in the items page is EXTREMELY small, so it feels cluttered. You should double the size of the images. Look at the "All Gods" tab. Because the images are bigger, it feels way less cluttered.

5) is it just me, or is the siege sky backwards?

6) Left Clicking the smite logo while viewing the game map does not lead you back to the smite main site. Middle clicking does.

7) I would LOVE to see the actual in game models in the god information. Would love it more if you also introduced a 3d Model viewer like what that smite leaks site uses.

8) Clicking "Joust" takes you to the conquest map.

9) the 'Passive" skill should be on top of the skill sets when viewing a god. Makes more sense.

10) You should double the size of the icons for the skills/passives in the god viewer. Just like with the items, it's so small it feels cluttered.

11) Just noticed, there's no tiers sorting link for the items (Tier 1, Tier 2, Tier 3).

All that being said, Overall, I think it's a great look. It's nice, sleek, and well polished. Props to the designer.
    Last edited by KingScuba; 07-18-2015 at 11:16 PM.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios. Also I will not be able to contest your in-game ban.

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    I love the new design a lot! ... But I've also got to agree with others and comment that maybe the white should be shaded darker a little more ... make it easier on the eyes. Very nice job though!
    Last edited by JBJblaze; 07-19-2015 at 09:22 AM. Reason: I wanted to add the emoticon at the end. ;)

Level completed: 77%, Points required for next Level: 260
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    It looks pretty Cool!

Skin Concepts Please check them out if you have time and your thoughts would be very much appreciated.

god skin Concept Compilation

and my very first god concept
    god concept : Theia/Thea - The goddess of sight and precious stones/gems

Hopefully we'll see them in the game soon.

Thank you so much and God bless!
    From yours truly:
    -DanceOn (Dancer, Choreographer, Skin concept designer and more stuff.) XOXO

Level completed: 59%, Points required for next Level: 290
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class
    TL;DR Colors don't fit SMITE imo and the features kinda suck, nice try though.

I agree that the white is too bright, I'd also say it doesn't fit the theme of SMITE. It should be a star map like the backdrop on the lobby, I think it would fit better, if nothing else just a nice gray or something would be better.

I think that while the game-mode map you've done for the site is cool and is a nice idea, it doesn't really add anything. It provides little to zero information and doesn't even let you move around to view the map in all it's glory.

Yes, I can now look around the maps and inspect points of interest, but it tells me nothing about them. You tell me nothing about the points of interest, I can't inspect map paths because the camera stays at fixed points, and if I want the info the map viewer does provide I have to watch a video. Why not just link me to videos? It would've been cheaper to do and just as effective if not more so. Also controlling the camera is a bit clunky and it just feels odd to use in my opinion.

The god viewer is OK, it at least adds more than the map viewer. I think it could be better though, there are a few flaws.

First, why are there two pages? I think the main page of a god and the details page could easily be condensed into one page; you don't have a lot of details to share and making it seem like there is more to know about a god then there actually is benefits no one.

Second, why are pantheon and class considered details? They should be categorized as basic knowledge and therefore listed, in your current UI, in the first page. They are both basic and important details to a god and therefore they should be one of the first things that pop up. "Oh, I like mages, lets see if they have any cool mages!" Gonna be hard to do without those two details on the first page.

Speaking of this, you might want to bring in some organization to this feature, by class and/or pantheon you may not have many when sorting using both options but not having any sorting options makes the list seem very long. Lots to view and process.

Last point on the god viewer. You might want to have a little more detail about what the gods do best or some defining features; for example, high mobility, high damage, auto-attack focused, etc. It'll probably help people get more of an idea of a god's design at a glance.

Now to the item viewer.

You have a massive wall of items as the very first thing you see. That will be intimidating to a new player. You have sorting options yes, but it won't help if they run away at the first sight of this wall of stuff you're overwhelming their eyes with.

To fix this, you should at least fix the very first problem that you have. You're presenting EVERYTHING. That is just unnecessary, you can't even use all of the items on a god. Items should be split into at least two categories, Physical and Magical. You already do this in game and at the very least it will take away some of the clutter. You may want to create a third category of Defense though it might be odd to sort due to some items being hybrids. Attack Speed is also up for debate since it is a hybrid stat, but with a lack of magical attack speed items, it probably isn't a good idea for now.

Even after making this small change, it'll still be a fairly large wall to sort through. Perhaps instead of immediately presenting the remaining items, you should give a few more categories for players to choose. It may be more player friendly to sort through a few major categories than to give players a wall of items to look through. This change is debatable though as the size of the item wall will likely decrease significantly especially if sorting items into 3 categories. I would recommend determining whether it's best to implement this change after making the first change.

Another major problem with the item page; it doesn't really show you how items branch off one another. A greater item simply tells you what it branches off of so you can go hunt it down in the item wall as if it were some kind of treasure hunt. Either lesser items should be removed from the wall, or there needs to be a better way to find the ways items branch off of one another. Lesser items being removed would also help with the aforementioned item wall problem.

I would also suggest sorting items, consumables, and actives away from each other as well to indicate that they are not the same and do not go in the same slots as well as further organizing the item wall.
    Last edited by GrandPheonyx; 07-20-2015 at 04:05 AM.

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 321
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by TheWhiteBlade View Post
    I like the update to the website, but I had a lot of trouble finding forums at first.
    Yeah, I wished it was at the tabs up top.

Oh, a search function would be nice too, which I often used at the old page when looking for information.

Junior Member Cupidhead Starcount's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 227
    Achievements:
    31 days registered 100 Experience Points
    Also can we have the scaling back on the character pages for health protections etc. I'm guessing they were cut down to try and make them more appealing for new players but taking out important information seems like a step backwards.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead fstDragon's Avatar
    Level completed: 83%, Points required for next Level: 123
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    don't work on old Opera 12.10 , not a chromium (crash when try load main page)

Senior Member Chosen TigrisCallidus's Avatar
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 103
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I just remarked, that in your Gods Info tab you cannot find the Stats (Health etc.) of the god anymore! (Or I am to dumb...)
    In either way this change is a really really bad change!

I hope the stats will turn back for the gods, since for looking things up this is important.

EDIT

Also the link to gameinfo -> items gets to the general gameinfo page.
    Last edited by TigrisCallidus; 08-04-2015 at 03:17 PM.
    QUOTES ARE NO ARGUMENTS!
    ARGUMENTS NEED FACTS AND CORRECT DEDUCTION!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Validit...y_of_arguments

Member Follower
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 861
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    If im honest im not sure why you invest so much into redesigning interfaces..... Ive lost count of how many times the home screen layout in game has changed...its never needed the constant changes.. and neither will the website benefit from it either. Its a waste of time. and its just plain annoying to people who have to relearn how to navigate around it.