Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Nice patch but.

Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 1,445
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Party Person Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    The whole Ravana patch was a joke in general.

Not only because Ravana was one of the worst god releases in history of this game but because there were so many impactful gameplay changes that had such a very short time of PTR testing where more was needed.
    True! even with this recent buff he's still so bad.
    IGN: DragonMik3 Hit me up if u want to play from EU.

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Ravana is actually okay now.

The change to his 2 would have been enough to make him feel much better when playing him, but the overall Damage Increase and other buffs also added greatly to this.

People just still suck at playing him for the most part.

Habe a lot of CDR, Protections and Frostbound Hammer on him, go into a fight and keep annoying your enemies forever while shoving your prana fists into their faces every 4 or so seconds. The damage quickly adds up and you will be hard to kill thanks to Chang'e invincibility and high damage mitigation from your ultimate. He is the very incarnation of a bruiser. Get into a fight, stay there for as long as you can until your enemies die or you die.

I make the bold assumption that among the Warriors we have, Ravana is the one with highest build in damage potencial, but the lowest utility. Build him to utilize his strengths and don't give your enemies opportunity to bank on your weakness. Which is literally you having no escape for the most part.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Prestigious Najh98's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 356
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 10000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    i saw theres gonna be new vp for infiltrator and default vp aswell hype
    His infiltrator VP is Janus. It's so fucking horrible. Also, the servers still suck.

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 713
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Can't you see they're trying to Cash in as much as they can before they run to the bank?

Someone would get fired over a "big patch" like this at Valve / Riot . And this isn't the first one either. Last "patch" was equally barebones and then...Ravana patch which quite unnecessarily chamged too many things.

They are just fking around and trying to maximise the profit because it's obvious they've given up and / or ran out of fuel. Just look how they talk to each other and on the official streams no less! Companies can't function like that. Companies which DO try to function like it...are on the brink of extinction without them even knowing it!

Senior Member Honoured Boomerangbro's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Me. *looks at LOL patchnotes and spends 15 minutes reading over pages and pages of bug fixes, server changes, mechanic changes, item fixes, god balances, skin implementations, upcoming content and gameplay upgrades.

Me. *looks at Dota2 patchnotes and spends 20 minutes reading over pages of patches and fixes with gameplay tweaks and mechanical improvements.

Me. *looks at Smite "patchnotes" and spends 2 minutes looking over crappy forced E-sports skins with no gameplay, bug, server, or mechanical fixes.

GG Hi-Rez, LOL and Dota2 are way ahead of you these past months.

Level completed: 3%, Points required for next Level: 388
    Thank god we got new E-sports skins and still no match making fix.

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelthact View Post
    Thank god we got new E-sports skins and still no match making fix.
    who cares! we need more skins!
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomerangbro View Post
    Me. *looks at LOL patchnotes and spends 15 minutes reading over pages and pages of bug fixes, server changes, mechanic changes, item fixes, god balances, skin implementations, upcoming content and gameplay upgrades.

Me. *looks at Dota2 patchnotes and spends 20 minutes reading over pages of patches and fixes with gameplay tweaks and mechanical improvements.

Me. *looks at Smite "patchnotes" and spends 2 minutes looking over crappy forced E-sports skins with no gameplay, bug, server, or mechanical fixes.

GG Hi-Rez, LOL and Dota2 are way ahead of you these past months.

Dota patches come once every halfyear meaning the game is permanently stale. LoL patches take minimal effort compared to Smite due to the fact making LoL models and VFX is a trivial fraction of the Smite versions.
    That being said, I have no idea why they called this an actual patch. Hotfixes generally contain more than this. The last big patch though (Ravana release) easily surpassed a lot of LOL patches though.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Honoured BigDingus's Avatar
    Level completed: 71%, Points required for next Level: 322
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    Ravana is actually okay now.

The change to his 2 would have been enough to make him feel much better when playing him, but the overall Damage Increase and other buffs also added greatly to this.

People just still suck at playing him for the most part.

Habe a lot of CDR, Protections and Frostbound Hammer on him, go into a fight and keep annoying your enemies forever while shoving your prana fists into their faces every 4 or so seconds. The damage quickly adds up and you will be hard to kill thanks to Chang'e invincibility and high damage mitigation from your ultimate. He is the very incarnation of a bruiser. Get into a fight, stay there for as long as you can until your enemies die or you die.

I make the bold assumption that among the Warriors we have, Ravana is the one with highest build in damage potencial, but the lowest utility. Build him to utilize his strengths and don't give your enemies opportunity to bank on your weakness. Which is literally you having no escape for the most part.
    This. All this.

Before the update I felt like it was a success to break even on k/d. Since the update I've had a very good k/d with each game. He's got way more sustainability now, and people won't box with you as often (I like Hide, Frostbound, Qin Sai's as my core), and you can bruise all day.

Senior Member Honoured Boomerangbro's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    Dota patches come once every halfyear meaning the game is permanently stale. LoL patches take minimal effort compared to Smite due to the fact making LoL models and VFX is a trivial fraction of the Smite versions.
    That being said, I have no idea why they called this an actual patch. Hotfixes generally contain more than this. The last big patch though (Ravana release) easily surpassed a lot of LOL patches though.
    I meant on an overall scale when compared to Smite's patches. LoL recent patches have included everything from skins, to balance fixes, to bugs to server issues to item changes.

To me, I feel at least something should be done on that scale for Smite. We all know the state of the servers, and we all know how crit needs to be reworked and we all know that some hunters need to be balanced, and what do we get? We get skins. Tons and tons of skins.