Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Awilix Buff

Senior Member Prestigious BhastetKurza's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class

Awilix Buff

This would be a buff to her Featherstep only since she is highly dependent on that move for everything.

1. Let Featherstep proc item effects. Right now Featherstep falls off dangerously late game and this could really help Awilix out late game if it could proc item effects. It's just 1 hit so it wouldn't completely desecrate people.

2. Increase the root/cripple duration to 1 second. Right now Featherstep doesn't root/cripple them long enough to combo with your Moonlight Charge into it so you can safely burst down 1 target via Serqet style if you are good enough.

With these QoL changes to Awilix this would help her stay relevant late game since her early game isn't like Bastet's or Thor's where she can 100-0 people.

Featherstep is an incredibly weak skill doing about 400 damage only at max rank, so this would be a decent buff to her.
    Wow...

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    but that skill also make u invincible
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 1,491
    Achievements:
    Veteran Repped! First Class Reputation Distributor Party Person Discussion Ender
    Awilix is actually really good right now, she doesn't need anymore buffs.
    Your Local Resident Trash Doggo
    I'm cheating on Anubis, Camazotz is in the dumpster now.

Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    but that skill also make u invincible
    It's not invincibility, it's a leap and has all of the properties of one.

It's also still target-able unlike things like Freya's ult which just defy everything for a good 5 seconds.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicFighter View Post
    Awilix is actually really good right now, she doesn't need anymore buffs.
    I'm just throwing ideas out there that I'd like to see.

She's like A tier.
    Wow...

Senior Member Honoured crippler38's Avatar
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by BhastetKurza View Post
    This would be a buff to her Featherstep only since she is highly dependent on that move for everything.

1. Let Featherstep proc item effects. Right now Featherstep falls off dangerously late game and this could really help Awilix out late game if it could proc item effects. It's just 1 hit so it wouldn't completely desecrate people.

2. Increase the root/cripple duration to 1 second. Right now Featherstep doesn't root/cripple them long enough to combo with your Moonlight Charge into it so you can safely burst down 1 target via Serqet style if you are good enough.

With these QoL changes to Awilix this would help her stay relevant late game since her early game isn't like Bastet's or Thor's where she can 100-0 people.

Featherstep is an incredibly weak skill doing about 400 damage only at max rank, so this would be a decent buff to her.
    you want featherstep, an ability that already does about as much as an ultimate. to CRIT?!

nupe, nuh uh, no thanks, no thank you, please leave your shoes at the door

in all seriousness though her early game is pretty good so why does she need a superb late game too? her late game's not omega terrible so she's fine as is, at least that's what I think, A is where you're shooting for

Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by crippler38 View Post
    you want featherstep, an ability that already does about as much as an ultimate. to CRIT?!

nupe, nuh uh, no thanks, no thank you, please leave your shoes at the door

in all seriousness though her early game is pretty good so why does she need a superb late game too? her late game's not omega terrible so she's fine as is, at least that's what I think, A is where you're shooting for
    Are you seriously drunk or did you hit your head on a wall this morning and never recovered?

I manage her late game fine with the build I use. I was just throwing an idea out there.
    She doesn't need a buff...but I wouldn't object to one.

The real buff she needs is a skin.
    Last edited by BhastetKurza; 07-14-2015 at 02:19 AM.
    Wow...

Achievements:
    Are you seriously drunk or did you hit your head on a wall this morning and never recovered?

I manage her late game fine with the build I use. I was just throwing an idea out there.
    She doesn't need a buff...but I wouldn't object to one.

The real buff she needs is a skin.
    the as much damage as an ultimate was a joke, but it does do a lot of damage you must admit, especially with her passive procing on her autos, but seriously doh you say she needs a skin more than chronos? shame on you.

and if you were serious about wanting it to proc on hit effects that would be like saying you want loki 3 to crit, it's a scary thought

EDIT: an example is rat dash critting, it's annoying and we all hate it, now a 360 base damage 100% scaling aoe damage with a single target cripple critting is just well... that's over a thousand damage (with death bringer), plus you could tac on hydra's for even MORE damage, just the ability alone if it procs on hit effects would practically instant kill a mage, on its own, nothing else, just boom, you're dead. and it's on a low cd too.

and if you don't want a real buff then wai ask for a buff? you almost gave me a heart attack.
    Last edited by crippler38; 07-14-2015 at 02:36 AM.

Achievements:
    the as much damage as an ultimate was a joke, but it does do a lot of damage you must admit, especially with her passive procing on her autos, but seriously doh you say she needs a skin more than chronos? shame on you.

and if you were serious about wanting it to proc on hit effects that would be like saying you want loki 3 to crit, it's a scary thought

EDIT: an example is rat dash critting, it's annoying and we all hate it, now a 360 base damage 100% scaling aoe damage with a single target cripple critting is just well... that's over a thousand damage (with death bringer), plus you could tac on hydra's for even MORE damage, just the ability alone if it procs on hit effects would practically instant kill a mage, on its own, nothing else, just boom, you're dead. and it's on a low cd too.

and if you don't want a real buff then wai ask for a buff? you almost gave me a heart attack.
    Awilix has no skin at all not even an exclusive one Awilix need love.

As for the proc hit effects it was just an idea I wanted to see how people would receive it. I was only semi-serious about it honestly. Just wanted feelings on it.

I kind of want Awilix to get that buff just because it would be fun. The real buff I want on her is a 1 sec root on her Featherstep so she can combo into the jaguar.

And my apologies, I'm a very serious person and I don't recognize jokes.
    Wow...

Achievements:
    Awilix has no skin at all not even an exclusive one Awilix need love.

As for the proc hit effects it was just an idea I wanted to see how people would receive it. I was only semi-serious about it honestly. Just wanted feelings on it.

I kind of want Awilix to get that buff just because it would be fun. The real buff I want on her is a 1 sec root on her Featherstep so she can combo into the jaguar.

And my apologies, I'm a very serious person and I don't recognize jokes.
    but chrono's skin is evil and awilix has enough skin in her normal skins (because she's a stripper)

and a full second root against someone with that high of damage would be kinda scary, it's already pretty hard to get away from her if she's good and as you said, she's A tier, meaning she's just fine how she is.

that would be like me saying I want ares' 2 to also give damage reduction, cool but unnecessary, or if I wanted ares' chains to be faster, or wider, or have a root attached to them if I hit 3 in rapid succession, unnecessary, cool, and i would love it, but not needed for the character to be useful.

awilix, like ares, works best in a certain comp, ares works best when selected with another guardian or someone with hard cc, other front liners, because ares makes them tankier and keeps the enemy from running away, and if they burn beads on say, ymir's stun, and ares happens to see that happen... you're dead.

awilix works best on comps with knock ups, with geb or sylvanus, sobek and hercules, because she can yank someone to their doom, her burst is good and her lockdown is decent if she does happen to combo her flip into a knockup (another reason you might not be able to combo it is they turn around while you're in the air so they don't get knocked into the sky) since her own knock up lasts a while and she can still auto them during it (as you well know)

honestly I think they're fine as is, skins are always good, but dammit I want more skins for characters I actually enjoy playing, like chronos. and chronos, but mostly chronos, dammit I want a scythe wielding timelord of doom!

Achievements:
    but chrono's skin is evil and awilix has enough skin in her normal skins (because she's a stripper)

and a full second root against someone with that high of damage would be kinda scary, it's already pretty hard to get away from her if she's good and as you said, she's A tier, meaning she's just fine how she is.

that would be like me saying I want ares' 2 to also give damage reduction, cool but unnecessary, or if I wanted ares' chains to be faster, or wider, or have a root attached to them if I hit 3 in rapid succession, unnecessary, cool, and i would love it, but not needed for the character to be useful.

awilix, like ares, works best in a certain comp, ares works best when selected with another guardian or someone with hard cc, other front liners, because ares makes them tankier and keeps the enemy from running away, and if they burn beads on say, ymir's stun, and ares happens to see that happen... you're dead.

awilix works best on comps with knock ups, with geb or sylvanus, sobek and hercules, because she can yank someone to their doom, her burst is good and her lockdown is decent if she does happen to combo her flip into a knockup (another reason you might not be able to combo it is they turn around while you're in the air so they don't get knocked into the sky) since her own knock up lasts a while and she can still auto them during it (as you well know)

honestly I think they're fine as is, skins are always good, but dammit I want more skins for characters I actually enjoy playing, like chronos. and chronos, but mostly chronos, dammit I want a scythe wielding timelord of doom!
    I mean the root should be long enough to combo into her jaguar.

People like Serqet can get a full combo off before you even have a chance to react and get out of the madness.

1 second may be long but it should be maybe .8 or something so she can combo into her jaguar.

That's all I ask.
    Wow...