Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42

Thread: Awilix Buff

  1. #31
    Senior Member Honoured crippler38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    813
    8
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAeternalis View Post
    You can't cleanse a knockup, genius.

    The problem with a knockup is that you're completely helpless, even though people can hit you while you're in the air.

    I hate awilix's kit because it works around it.

    Her ult is also really op to begin with.
    first question, what's not op.

    second question, you're not dumb, you realize he is speaking of using beads before knockups and in the air to stop the yank yes?

  2. #32
    Banned Infamous ImAeternalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,239
    16
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crippler38 View Post
    first question, what's not op.

    second question, you're not dumb, you realize he is speaking of using beads before knockups and in the air to stop the yank yes?
    There is no excuse for not being able to instantly drop to the ground with beads. It's the only reason He Bo is so overpowered. Without that cc He Bo would be the worst god in the game bar Zeus. But no, He has to have a knockup that sends you 50 quadrillion feet in the air, which is enough for him to get both his 1 and ult off, which will always kill you unless you're a guardian with stone or bulwark.

    When a single type of cc alone makes a god overpowered, it shouldn't be in the game.

    or how about we nix knockups, and make He bo and Awilix better gods who are actually creative? That don't work off of bullshit?

  3. #33
    Senior Member Honoured crippler38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    813
    8
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAeternalis View Post
    There is no excuse for not being able to instantly drop to the ground with beads. It's the only reason He Bo is so overpowered. Without that cc He Bo would be the worst god in the game bar Zeus. But no, He has to have a knockup that sends you 50 quadrillion feet in the air, which is enough for him to get both his 1 and ult off, which will always kill you unless you're a guardian with stone or bulwark.

    When a single type of cc alone makes a god overpowered, it shouldn't be in the game.

    or how about we nix knockups, and make He bo and Awilix better gods who are actually creative? That don't work off of bullshit?
    and you would do what about it? you'd have to completely rekit them just to get rid of a cc you don't like, on multiple gods, off the top of my head that would change in no particular order

    sylvanus, vulcan, hercules, sobok, awilix, anhur, geb, and he bo.

    actually looking at a list I forgot chaac, tyr (who you can beads out of up until his final swing) apollo, bacchus, hou yi, and sun wukong (who admittedly doesn't really use his) and vamana who I almost forgot about.

    now in order to remove one cc you would have to change 15 of the gods in the game, and more in the possible future.

    another thing is, he bo is not op I don't see why he would be, I mean he's not bad he's mostly damage, his escape is his ultimate which if he uses to run he can't use to kill anyone and sometimes I've even outrun and been outran inside of his ultimate which I find to be rather amusing but still annoying, his 1 is rather short range and his 3 is his only cc besides a slow on his 2 which is only along a path (while it is very good in the jungle or for running away because of the speed boost, it's still not a dash or real movement abilitiy, so good and bad) so what would you replace his 3 with, a stun? because we have abilities that are knockup immune, nothing stun immune, a silence? that's not too useful, a fear? that and the silence makes no sense, a root cripple? makes no sense on a water spout, how about a root?

    there are so many things you would have to change and consider both what makes sense, and what would actually be useful for their kit unless you want a kit that doesn't synergize well with itself, which would be rather bad in it of itself, all because you don't like knockups.

    how many of those gods are actually op and not just annoying to you specifically?

  4. #34
    Banned Infamous ImAeternalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,239
    16
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crippler38 View Post
    and you would do what about it? you'd have to completely rekit them just to get rid of a cc you don't like, on multiple gods, off the top of my head that would change in no particular order

    sylvanus, vulcan, hercules, sobok, awilix, anhur, geb, and he bo.

    actually looking at a list I forgot chaac, tyr (who you can beads out of up until his final swing) apollo, bacchus, hou yi, and sun wukong (who admittedly doesn't really use his) and vamana who I almost forgot about.

    now in order to remove one cc you would have to change 15 of the gods in the game, and more in the possible future.

    another thing is, he bo is not op I don't see why he would be, I mean he's not bad he's mostly damage, his escape is his ultimate which if he uses to run he can't use to kill anyone and sometimes I've even outrun and been outran inside of his ultimate which I find to be rather amusing but still annoying, his 1 is rather short range and his 3 is his only cc besides a slow on his 2 which is only along a path (while it is very good in the jungle or for running away because of the speed boost, it's still not a dash or real movement abilitiy, so good and bad) so what would you replace his 3 with, a stun? because we have abilities that are knockup immune, nothing stun immune, a silence? that's not too useful, a fear? that and the silence makes no sense, a root cripple? makes no sense on a water spout, how about a root?

    there are so many things you would have to change and consider both what makes sense, and what would actually be useful for their kit unless you want a kit that doesn't synergize well with itself, which would be rather bad in it of itself, all because you don't like knockups.

    how many of those gods are actually op and not just annoying to you specifically?
    I hate that particular type of cc.

    He bo is horrible if you subract the knockup.

  5. #35
    Senior Member Honoured crippler38's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    813
    8
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 689
    Achievements:
    Repped! Second Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAeternalis View Post
    I hate that particular type of cc.

    He bo is horrible if you subract the knockup.
    probably, so if it would break almost a quarter of the character selection (there are 60 or so right?) then please keep your complaints to yourself and or your friends so that others are not bothered, it's only the right thing to do.

  6. #36
    Banned Infamous ImAeternalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,239
    16
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by crippler38 View Post
    probably, so if it would break almost a quarter of the character selection (there are 60 or so right?) then please keep your complaints to yourself and or your friends so that others are not bothered, it's only the right thing to do.
    Except that I have a valid point.

    I'm fine with everything a game has so long as it has viable counterplay. Currently knockups simply don't have any counterplay past the other player simply missing, but that's not you being able to counter it, that's them making human error.

  7. #37
    Senior Member Honoured Boomerangbro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    502
    4
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    0
    With Awilix's ult, you cleanse the ult and fall to the ground harmlessly.

    Also, I'd say there is far less counterplay to cripple than there is to knockup.

    Also. Magi's Blessing is a thing.

  8. #38
    Banned Infamous ImAeternalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,239
    16
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Rep Power
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomerangbro View Post
    With Awilix's ult, you cleanse the ult and fall to the ground harmlessly.

    Also, I'd say there is far less counterplay to cripple than there is to knockup.

    Also. Magi's Blessing is a thing.
    Awilix's ult is fine, I just hate it because of what it works off of.

    You can cleanse a cripple, even after it happens.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Prestigious BhastetKurza's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    The Sun
    Posts
    4,861
    14
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class
    Rep Power
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by ImAeternalis View Post
    Awilix's ult is fine, I just hate it because of what it works off of.

    You can cleanse a cripple, even after it happens.
    Logically, getting knocked up into the air isn't magic so it makes sense that beads cannot cleanse it.

    Being in the air is just a natural state as opposed to forced magic.
    Wow...

  10. #40
    Banned Infamous ImAeternalis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    6,239
    16
    Level completed: 52%, Points required for next Level: 681
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 10000 Experience Points Repped! Second Class Full Profile! Conversation Starter
    Rep Power
    0
    Implying that a GOD is affected by physical hazards to begin with?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •