Thread: Help me settle something, should Bacchus do more damage than carries?

Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 318
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

Help me settle something, should Bacchus do more damage than carries?

Hi all, just wanted to get the community feedback on this issue. Lately I have been maining Bacchus, mostly in Arena, and I always tend to get top damage, and this is with a full tank build. The only somewhat damage items I build are Mystic Mail and Pen Boots, but otherwise everything else is a tank item. I always tend to be top damage, and when I point this out (mainly when we lose) my team always goes crazy and says "of course Bacchus is top damage". I thought tanks are supposed to be lower damage? I know Bacchus does more damage than other tanks, but shouldn't carries like ADCs and Mages still do more damage than Bacchus? Just wanted to get your opinion.

Senior Member Prestigious HawkboyJr's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 1,129
    Achievements:
    Reputation Distributor Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points
    1. Mystical Mail significantly pads this stat; those ticks don't mean much in a fight generally, but they show up on the player damage stat at the end regardless, giving at least a few thousand points of additional player damage that didn't amount to anything.
    2. Bacchus does all of his damage in large area of effect spells, meaning instead of doing concentrated damage and killing someone, he just spreads a little damage around to everyone, which the end screen multiplies by the number of people hit, despite most of that damage amounting to nothing.
    3. Bacchus has a fairly high damage ultimate that will almost always hit at least four people (if not the whole team) in an arena game, giving him significant damage spikes that other guardians and most mages even (though they hit a lot harder, they’re often small or slow moving and will only hit a few people), again inflating his damage score a lot more than his impact in a game would suggest.

If you’re looking to impress people with top damage, mitigation and damage taken as a full tank “carry”, Bacchus is a great choice since his chug allows him to go in deeper than other gods, his large area of effect abilities allow him to inflate his damage numbers and, if using Mystical Mail, he can increase his damage dealt numbers even more.
    This damage is spread over multiple targets and comes at the cost of a number of other fairly significant weaknesses, such as poor clear and somewhat lacking crowd control compared to other guardians, so Bacchus is a little bit underpowered in conquest (though in Arena he’s probably just under Ares for top guardian), even though he’s really good at boosting that damage dealt number in a variety of ways.

Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 279
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 500 Experience Points 3 months registered
    Everything that HawkboyJr said is what I was going to say as well.

At the end of the day, if you have 100K damage but zero kills to show for it, then it doesn't really matter. With regards to Arena specifically, you get five points per player kill taken off of the counter. Whether you get the kill or assist in a kill doesn't matter so long as the kill is secured by someone on your team. Dealing some damage that a player shakes off amounts to not much of anything.
    There is no Ah Muzen Cab...only Starscream.

Assassins: Hunters: Mages: Warriors:
    1) Awilix 1) Ah Muzen Cab 1) Hel 1) Ravana
    2) Hun Batz 2) Hou Yi 2) Ao Kuang 2) Sun Wukong
    3) Kali 3) Xbalanque 3) Zhong Kui 3) Tyr

Senior Member Honoured Snikeduden's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Bacchus probably wastes a lot of damage, especially in arena where the fountain is close by. However, a lot of his damage probably contributes to forcing the enemy back and thus creating space for your carries to be aggressive.

I think Bacchus have a lot of CC, but none of it is optimal. He has a knockup, a slow, a stun and intoxicate. Ymir have a freeze, two slows and a wall (if this can be defined as CC). However, Ymir's freeze is super good setup for pretty much anything. It is much harder to combo Bacchus CC into big mage ults, though his intoxicate is a pretty strong CC.

I would highly recomend Gem of Isolation on Bacchus. It makes his 3 a lot more annoying.

I am fairly sure Bacchus is the tankiest god in the game in the end game. Perhaps besides Geb if the enemy have a lot of crit.

I would not pay too much attention to damage dealt, as you deal less damage if you kill someone quickly than slow.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 90
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    I almost wish that Player Damage was separated into Player Damage and Player Damage that resulted in a kill.

So many people who crow about "Top Player Damage" just did some poking, which was immediately healed or fountained.

10,000 spread among 5 people is much much worse than 5,000 on one target.