Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Shouldn't Nox be converted into a guardian?

Senior Member Prestigious Nalessa's Avatar
    Level completed: 36%, Points required for next Level: 709
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    pls no more nox buffs

She's just a cc bot with a terrible escape right now.

Her 1 can be dashed/jumped out of really easily and you can't use spells or even autoattack during it.

Her 2 is pointless damage wise, only the silence is handy as everyone has more then time enough to walk out of it and her 1 just doesn't seem to respond fast enough, it's not smooth at all compared to other combo's like athena 3 + 2 for example.
    It should be the other way around, her 1 should be used first with her 2 to follow up.

Her 3 is on one hand good, on the other the worst skill in the game because you can't use it as long as your own teammates are blocking your path.
    Oh and it doesn't go through walls and you can be cc'd during it aswell.

The delay on her ult is stupid aswell and unnecessarily long when ah puch can lay down a lane wide slow instantly without needing a hugely telegraphed animation.

Her damage isn't anything special neither, ah puch can hit you with his bullshit near unescapable combo for 1/3 of your hp.

Like imagine a scylla that can't do anything when rooting people, can't dash through walls, can't dash through allies, has unreliable damage and her passive goes down whenever you are hit.

I'd rather they remove the silence from her 2 and put a cripple on her 1 and make it either blow up faster, or make it controllable like scylla's.

Actually scratch that, they should just rework her yet again, she's just scylla lite atm, she's an exact copy of scylla except neutered, there's nothing unique about her, at least before she had somewhat of her own skillset.
    Last edited by Nalessa; 07-13-2015 at 06:08 AM.
    Tastes like purple.
    Drommels, drommels, drommels!

Senior Member Prestigious BhastetKurza's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post

Her 1 can be dashed/jumped out of really easily and you can't use spells or even autoattack during it.

Her 2 is pointless damage wise, only the silence is handy as everyone has more then time enough to walk out of it and her 1 just doesn't seem to respond fast enough, it's not smooth at all compared to other combo's like athena 3 + 2 for example.
    It should be the other way around, her 1 should be used first with her 2 to follow up.

Her 3 is on one hand good, on the other the worst skill in the game because you can't use it as long as your own teammates are blocking your path.

The delay on her ult is stupid aswell and unnecessarily long when ah puch can lay down a lane wide slow instantly without needing a hugely telegraphed animation.

Her damage isn't anything special neither, ah puch can hit you with his bullshit near unescapable combo for 1/3 of your hp.

Like imagine a scylla that can't do anything when rooting people, can't dash through walls, can't dash through allies, has unreliable damage and her passive goes down whenever you are hit.

I'd rather they remove the silence from her 2 and put a cripple on her 1 and make it either blow up faster, or make it controllable like scylla's.

Actually scratch that, they should just rework her yet again, she's just scylla lite atm, she's an exact copy of scylla except neutered, there's nothing unique about her, at least before she had somewhat of her own skillset.
    Wow...

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalessa View Post
    I guess Ratatoskr has a terrible escape too?
    Yet you can use Aegis and tank literally everything, or move at full speed, or both because Aegis Pendant is one broken ass item.
    Her 2 is pointless damage wise just like Kukulkan's ultimate, only the silence is handy as everyone has more then time enough to walk out of it and her 1 just doesn't seem to respond fast enough, it's not smooth at all compared to other combo's like athena 3 + 2 for example. Are you playing at 700 ping?
    That would take less skill than Bellona release.
    Her 3 is on one hand good, on the other the worst skill in the game because you can't use it as long as your own teammates are blocking your path.8 seconds of aegis if you use it on a teammate. It can even be better than using it as a dash if you can use it well. Maybe use it on your tank to make sure the host won't die.
    Like every other dash.
    The only issue with her ult is that the hitbox is deceptively small. Much smaller than the ball, opposite of Isis.
    I've done the math, she can do endgame 2022 damage with her 1+2 combo on a target with 48 magical defense.
    Scylla is straight up broken shit that needs to be nerfed more than Kukulkan, Osiris and Anubis ever did.

I used to be, but now I wouldn't be against a second rework. Just keep her 3. Lifestealer is nice.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Honoured Snikeduden's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I don't think the delay on Nox's ult is too bad. Sure it makes her ult rather telegraphed, but she can also use the CC immunity to avoid nasty stuffs like Ares ult. Unlike Ra ult you can keep moving and aiming it during the casting animation. The travel speed is pretty good, making it fairly consistent on even long range as long as I aim correctly. I wouldn't mind the aoe being a bit larger. The damage is rather low compared to Kukulkan and Scylla, though it is quite similar to a sentered Kraken. It could also be compared to the damage of a short range Janus ult.

I definately think Ah Puch has a lot more damage and requires less skill to apply the damage, though he is one of the least mobile mages. The only positive thing to say about Ah Puch's mobiltiy is that he is not forced to stand still while casting. Even Zeus have better mobilty than Ah Puch.

Nox is a lot like Janus. She has inconsistent damage, a lot of utility, though a bit less mobility. Janus makes his team global, while Nox is potentially made (semi) global by her team.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 238
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Bump.

And btw, Zhong Kui should also be a guardian imo.

Senior Member Chosen SleepyStorm's Avatar
    Level completed: 5%, Points required for next Level: 1,049
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Repped! Second Class 5000 Experience Points
    I would to see her ult do an execute to be honest...like, keep the same Hadouken and DoT, but if a god gets hit at or under the threshold, they have a countdown timer and after it expires, they die automatically (Aegis could block it for counterplay). Would be thematically fun. Or they are marked when hit at threshold and Nox could choose to instantly teleport to them to deal a fatal blow.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by SeventhArchon View Post
    I used to be, but now I wouldn't be against a second rework. Just keep her 3. Lifestealer is nice.
    Ratatoskr's escape recharges and synchronizes well with his kit, oh and his ult is an escape too.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Quote Originally Posted by Grilleds View Post
    Ratatoskr's escape recharges and synchronizes well with his kit, oh and his ult is an escape too.
    I thought I didn't have to put a Kappa on that.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Senior Member Honoured Boomerangbro's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The new nox isn't unique in any aspect.

What the community wants: Goddess of the NIGHT with NIGHT abilities, ability to take away an enemies minimap, take away enemies vision, throw shadows, twist light so that she can morph into an enemies ally, keep her unique damage from using mana abilities, ability to fear the enemy, ZONE OF NIGHT!

What the community got: Watered down Scylla.

Seriously Hi-Riz, listen to the community for once. There were amazing concepts out there. How would you like a god that could take away an enemies vision and minimap, then reappear as an ally, only for it to be a deception. Come on, that sounds amazing. Also, darkness. I don't see any darkness with her old or NEW kit.