Thread: Anti-heal is too overpowered...

Level completed: 74%, Points required for next Level: 186
    Achievements:
    3 months registered 1000 Experience Points

Anti-heal is too overpowered...

I mean 2 enemy teams got Brawlers and Divine ruin.

80% antiheal for 8 seconds.

I don't mind, this game needs this kind on mechanic, but not like a 80% antiheal...

Not even talking about Weakening Curse ignoring Fountain healing.

Too much anti-heal. The only normal thing a healer can get is RoA, which gives +15% healing back. Don't forget that There is Pestilence which can give -20% healing without even touching enemies.

The more problematic it touches AoE mages, who "refresh" the duration on anti-heal passive. And the most overpowered variation is Freya + Fatalis and Divine Ruin: she can easily refresh anti-heal timer at any moment only because her normal damage abilities are considered to be abilities, not AutoAttack steroids.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My personal suggestions:

1) Version a)
    Decrease anti-heal on Divine Ruin and Brawler's Beat Stick down to 25% per each item. Duration: from 8 seconds - 3 seconds.
    Version b)
    Anti-heal on Divine Ruin and Brawler's Beat Stick stacks. 15% anti-heal per 1 hit from same god. Maximum: 2 stacks from one source.

How does my version b work here? For example, and enemy team has 2 gods with Divine Ruin and 2 gods with Brawler's. Divine Ruin and Brawler's stack themselves, but if 2 gods with same items touch one and the same god they do not apply 2 stacks.

If Janus needs to make an enemy god less healed, he needs to put that god into the portal and touch it with Vortex. If he misses his portal, but touches with Vortex AND another magical god with Divine Ruin hits an enemy one more time, that is considered as 1 stack from 2 sources but they do not stack. That's like only 15% debuff.

If Janus hits an enemy god once, then a physical damage god hits an enemy with basic attack, these are considered to be 2 different stacks, but they stack themselve, cause they are caused from different type of damage.

2) Improve RoA passive element. Giving a 15% more healing aura is good but not logical if you can build a 20% less healing aura item. There is no usage from RoA actually.

Here is my idea from active RoA passive element (not only increasing Aura healing from 15% to 20% according to Pestilence): allies hit by anti-heal are cleansed from it for 3 seconds. Cooldown: 30 seconds or maybe even 45 seconds.

3) Heavenly Agility cleansing from anti-heal and making immune to more anti-heal for the duration. Yes, it can become a broken item not only in terms of escape/chase but in terms of sustain.

Problem now: Weakening Curse gives -100% healing. Heavenly Agility increases healing by 20%. The natural problem lies that when they are both activated, there is no -100+20%=-80% logic. Weakening Curse debuffs even if a team used Heavenly Agility after Weakening Curse.

4) If being CC-immune removes every debuff then it should work even vs Anti-heal. Simple as that.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is my personal opinion about anti-heal and how it can be improved. Because the current anti-heal system is very overpowered, not even naming some gods which apply it.
    Last edited by llYuraXLozhll; 07-10-2015 at 10:47 AM.

Forum Moderator Honoured AlexError's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 217
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Full Profile! 1 year registered Arm of the Law! Repped! First Class
    I'm also in the group that thinks anti-healing is a bit too strong. My fixes for it would be different though...

1. Make healing less strong so anti-healing doesn't need to shut it completely down.
    2. Add a 'purge' mechanic to remove buffs and debuffs, including healing reduction, attack speed reduction and other non-cc effects.
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

If you have any queries about moderation or any miscellaneous questions, send me a PM. If you want to leave feedback about a moderator, use this form. If you want to view the Code of Conduct, click here.

Remember to use the report function to direct the moderators straight to the post!

New Member Cupidhead Spacemaker's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 378
    Anti heal really is too high. I play Aphro a lot and like healers in general and I'm really frustrated by how many anti healing effects there are in the game that affect so few healing gods. The healing isn't much valued in the game but I think it's a great aspect and yet any time there's a healer there are such aggressive counters to it.

Their effects should be lessened either in power or time. And Ah Puch's anti healing is a joke - you basically lose all the healing you gained and then get a THREE SECOND STUN on Aphro or her healee. Nerf that, it should be 1 or at most 1.5.

Anyway, details here and there aside, the greater point is that I think it's more fun if healers are more regularly used and valued and this would contribute to greater variety of team compositions and items in the game.

Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 172
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Anti heal and healing are perfect where they stand. Hel has by far the most healing in one ability in the game and also has a cleanse to remove CC and other debuffs like anti-heal, just play her if you want to heal. I hope you know though as a healer you'll get focused hard. Every game I play I go out of my way to focus the healer(Assuming there is one) so hard they're drastically behind. Most games I play nowadays are with Ne Zha, at about level 10 is when I start insta-ulting and killing them on sight, it's quite effective. I played a joust 3v3 where I put the enemy Hel so far behind they were level 9 while everyone else was 20 and at that point it only takes a few basics. But healing is stupidly overpowered as a lot of Gods rely on poke until their ultimate can finish you off, Anti-heal is perfectly fine.
    "Ah, you seem to be bleeding. How very... human, of you."

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Here is the problem. This game is a little too balanced around rock paper scissors style gameplay (meaning it isn't balanced). If we nerf anti-heal, suddenly healers become epic pubstomp gods and we get dozens of threads demanding they revert the anti-heal nerf, especially since healers in this game are able to build to heal absolutely ludicrous amounts of health in a very short span of time.

However these imbalances are pretty much unfixable at this point without an absolutely massive patch rebalancing dozens of gods and items. So until then, we are going to have to deal with the fact that Sobek with Divine Ruin and Pestilence simply can not be countered in any way by anyone who relies on a self heal.

Nerfing the anti-heal just means that Aphrodite pops up to top tier and then gets nerfed in response.

Besides, to really counter heals you need to build 2 specific items you otherwise would not buy.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

New Member Cupidhead HeavilyPeppered's Avatar
    Level completed: 6%, Points required for next Level: 379
    Quote Originally Posted by Joykilla199 View Post
    Anti heal and healing are perfect where they stand. Hel has by far the most healing in one ability in the game and also has a cleanse to remove CC and other debuffs like anti-heal, just play her if you want to heal. I hope you know though as a healer you'll get focused hard. Every game I play I go out of my way to focus the healer(Assuming there is one) so hard they're drastically behind. Most games I play nowadays are with Ne Zha, at about level 10 is when I start insta-ulting and killing them on sight, it's quite effective. I played a joust 3v3 where I put the enemy Hel so far behind they were level 9 while everyone else was 20 and at that point it only takes a few basics. But healing is stupidly overpowered as a lot of Gods rely on poke until their ultimate can finish you off, Anti-heal is perfectly fine.
    Hel can't cleanse anti-heal, it doesn't count as crowd control. I agree with Grilleds, balancing is EXTREMELY sensitive; there's situations in which nerfing an item or its cost, sometimes even a skill, indirectly buffs a god or two.
    Last edited by HeavilyPeppered; 07-26-2015 at 04:50 PM.

Senior Member Infamous Trubblegum's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 1,238
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class 25000 Experience Points Party Person Veteran
    Strange, Krett says healing is blatantly OP...
    Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.

Senior Member Honoured Wylderman's Avatar
    Level completed: 14%, Points required for next Level: 604
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 3 months registered
    IMO people don't know about anti heal. My team: Sylvanus, Ra, Hel, Thanatos, and Neith. No one on the other team bought anti-heal. so sad.

Best anti heal team in duo lane: ADC - Medusa + Support - Ah Puch = No Heals
    ADC: Bakasura, Hou Yi, Xbalaque, Sol

Support: Sobek, Sylvanus, Khepri, Guan Yu

Jungler: Thanatos, Odin, Chaac, Serqet

Mid: Chronos, Kumbahkarna, Kukulkan, Fenrir

Solo: Sun Wukong, Hercules, Hades, Zhong Kui

Level completed: 12%, Points required for next Level: 708
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    Aaannndd It's still overpowered, in a 1v1 with herc i couldnt even heal over 5 against change anytime she hit me, i was in the fountain and me heal went up 30something.. the anti heal is broken.

Ex-Forum Moderator Infamous IrishPotato's Avatar
    Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 691
    Achievements:
    1 year registered Discussion Ender 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Necro too stronk.
    Don't be fooled by the EX. The King is immortal