Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Ah Puch bad?

Member Follower
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran

Is Ah Puch bad?

Hi,

I bought Ah Puch a few days ago because I really like his design and in theory his abilities as well but:
    I cant seem to play well with him. Surviving isnt really the problem, I understand the basic concept behind the god but everything he does I feel other gods just do much better.

He is supposed to have high burst but I dont see it tbh. Even his 1,3,2 combo doesent seem to deal too much damage. Isis for example, with her 2,1 which is >much< easier to pull off deals more impressive damage. Not even speaking of Poseidon or Anubis.

Ah Puch is also OOM ridiculously fast.

Any suggestions? Am I building him wrong? Any tips for builds? Or is he simply not as good as other mid laners?

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 896
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered Repped! Third Class
    I'm only an Arena player, but I imagine Mana and lack of escape would be his biggest conquest issues. You need 1-3-2 to do his damage, and that's rather pricey on mana.

If you're not doing much damage... You're either being counter-built, or you're not building as well as you should/could.

No idea if it'll be effective in Conquest, but here's my Arena Build:
    CDR Boots -> Spear of Magus -> Gem of Isolation
    Chronos Pendant -> Rod of Tahuti -> Magi's Blessing/Ethereal Staff

Being arena, if I have no other Mages on my team (Happens ocasionally) I build the straight penetration item instead of Spear.

At the very least, should give you an idea what kind of items work well on Ah Puch.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Lookador View Post
    Hi,

I bought Ah Puch a few days ago because I really like his design and in theory his abilities as well but:
    I cant seem to play well with him. Surviving isnt really the problem, I understand the basic concept behind the god but everything he does I feel other gods just do much better.

He is supposed to have high burst but I dont see it tbh. Even his 1,3,2 combo doesent seem to deal too much damage. Isis for example, with her 2,1 which is >much< easier to pull off deals more impressive damage. Not even speaking of Poseidon or Anubis.

Ah Puch is also OOM ridiculously fast.

Any suggestions? Am I building him wrong? Any tips for builds? Or is he simply not as good as other mid laners?
    How are you building him?
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
    -Harlan Ellison
    Ne Zha Skins:
    SMITE Burger
    Cabin Boy (Image)
    Hockey (Image)

Delete Acid Spray

Senior Member Honoured Snikeduden's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    This is how I build Ah Puch generally:

Pen boots, Book of Thoth, Spear of the Magus, Chronos Pendant, Gem of Isolation and Rod of Tahuti.

Gem of Isolation can be swapped for Warlock Sash/Ethereal Staff (Warlock Sash has to be built early, preferably as the second item after boots). This gives more health. Going for an early Warlock Sash severly delays my power (it takes time to stack, while other items gives instant power). You can buildt Warlock/Ethereal instead of Book of Thoth, though this will reduce your power and you will have less mana (Book of Thoth is very nice for the mana regen from picking up corpses and has a lot of power).

Breastplate of Valour can be a good substitute for Chronos Pendant if you are getting constantly picked by assassins, especially in combination with Warlock Sash/Ethereal Staff.

If you want more CDR, you can swap boots to CDR boots (though the pen boots are really good) or get Pythagorem's Piece (Pyth + Chronos gives 35% CDR). I usually settle on 25% CDR on most mages after pen was added to boots, but having short CD on your abilities are really nice on Ah Puch.

Ah Puch have a lot of damage if you can land the 1-3-2 combo. It is really good during all parts of the game, but very mana intensive early. Picking up corpses, last hitting (for Vamp Shroud) and mainly focusing on clearing the wave is usually how I get through the early game without running oom too fast. Pen boots helps a bit (+250 mana) and Book of Thoth helps even more. At this point, you should be fine for the most part.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 690
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Veteran
    If you learn to build Ah Puch better, and learn to play him more, you can do unreal damage. I've seen some deadly Ah Puch(s) in my time.

twitch.tv/thattubbyguy

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    I build him CDR boots->book of Thoth->gem of isolation->Bancroft's talon->spear of magis-> Rod of tahuti

I switch the position of spear of magis and Brancroft's talon, depending on the enemies. And sometimes I get chronos pendant instead of lifesteal, or spear of magi.

I have yet to lose a game with him(I dont even know what his lose screen looks like)

You have to land the combo really fast, so the enemy takes the full damage(when you get gem of isolation, they won't be able to get as far when ur dropping down ur combo), and any of the corpses that get left unused or left behind, just eat them(they reset ur cool downs, and heals 6% of your health, and 3% of your mana)
    Last edited by Bhullar1; 07-11-2015 at 12:47 PM.
    If at first you don't succeed, Try again later, then destroy the evidence that it was you who tried.

If you wanna see my God Concepts take a look here> God Concepts made by me

In game away from the forums I'm a healer main, this happened after support maining in season 1-2. Now I play adc, solo, support and jungle in conquest, but I'm still Forever a Healer.

Member Follower
    Level completed: 65%, Points required for next Level: 315
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Veteran
    I tried some of the builds suggested here and ive been using a similar one myself before, but somehow it doesent really work out:

Even if I deal damage...im oom afterwards. Im buying health and mana pots with Ah Puch like crazy and yet im always OOM. Other mages dont seem to have that problem. You clear wave after wave, damage your opponent, go clear a camp and back to lane and you can still continue to fight. Ah Puch? Clear a wave, youre at 30% mana now.

Senior Member Honoured Snikeduden's Avatar
    Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 396
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I tried some of the builds suggested here and ive been using a similar one myself before, but somehow it doesent really work out:

Even if I deal damage...im oom afterwards. Im buying health and mana pots with Ah Puch like crazy and yet im always OOM. Other mages dont seem to have that problem. You clear wave after wave, damage your opponent, go clear a camp and back to lane and you can still continue to fight. Ah Puch? Clear a wave, youre at 30% mana now.
    I guess this is a bit silly question, but do you buy a starter item (Vampiric Shroud or Soul Stone)? Starter items are very important to sustain yourself in terms of mana and health. I would say Vampiric Shourd is the safest option for Ah Puch (and most mages). Vampiric Shroud + Lost Artifact + 1 mana potion + 1 health potion is the safest start in terms of health and mana sustain in my opinion.

I think Ah Puch is best served starting with 1 point in his 3. Also remember to pick up corpses you are not exploding as every little bit of mana helps (as long as it is safe). At level 2, I put a point in his 2. From level 3, I put points in my 1 until I have 4 points, besides level 5, where I put a point in my ult.

Rank 1 of his 3 deals 125 damage in total and cost 70 mana. Only at rank 3 does his 1 deal more damage (130 damage). However, it also cost more mana, so I would rather use my 3, unless I can hit more creeps with my 1. At rank 4, his 1 gives 2 corpses, so I use this + his 2 to clear the wave. Any minions that is still alive is killed with basic attacks. You should also try get as many last hits as you can, especially if you have Vampiric Shroud (for the 10 health and mana).

I usually focus on clearing the minion wave rather than poking my lane opponent early on. If I can hit both, great. While the jungler is in solo lane, I usually play very aggressive if I clear faster than my opponent and attack him with basic attacks while he have to clear minions. If he gets low, I might go for the kill.

Another option to the start I suggested is to do a Book of Thoth rush. Starting items: Vampiric Shroud + Soul Reliquary (tier1 Book of Thoth). This is a lot more risky, but helps a lot of if you get away with it. One advantage is that it gives a lot of early power and some extra mana. You have to play safe and focus on farming. The disadvantages are no potions to sustain yourself and it delays your boots. Ah Puch already lacks mobility, so you have to play extremely careful and watch out for their jungler.

The method of clearing the wave is the same, use your 3 or your 1 + your 2 and then basic attacks. Since you don't have any health potions, you should be very careful of tanking the minions. It is better to let it come to the tower and then you focus on the archers first. You might lose some gold to the tower, but you don't have a choice. You have to judge how many minions you can tank compared to how much health you regen from Vampiric Shroud.

When you are clearing harpy camps with your jungler, I suggest you use your 3 and basic attacks. Only use your 2 if you are in a hurry.

Level completed: 79%, Points required for next Level: 241
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Start with vampiric shroud, lost artifact and 2 mana potions. ranks ur 1 first. then ur 2, then ur 3, then max out ur 2 first(the detonation switch of ur kit), then ur 1, then ur 3, rank ur ult whenever you can. Go back to base first when you have enough for book of Thoth, then second time you go back is when you have enough for cdr boots. After that just rush to get gem of isolation.

The trick with Ah Puch, is that you need to aim your 1 into the middle of the waves, then detonate, if any survive finish auto attacks. your 3 if more helpful when you get into a fight, cause of the DoT on it, You may have heard most of us telling you to rush it fast, but that is when your in a fight with a God, if you aren't just position yourself to have ur 1 land in the middle of the wave and detonate it. The book of Thoth will help you A lot with the mp5 it gives, and the mana per stack helps with being able to do more.
    If anything, Ah Puch is a really good god, he just takes aim, a bit of timing and knowing which corpses are worth eating, and which can be used as a trap/combat purpose.

Hope this helps
    If at first you don't succeed, Try again later, then destroy the evidence that it was you who tried.

If you wanna see my God Concepts take a look here> God Concepts made by me

In game away from the forums I'm a healer main, this happened after support maining in season 1-2. Now I play adc, solo, support and jungle in conquest, but I'm still Forever a Healer.

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead kluska666's Avatar
    Level completed: 20%, Points required for next Level: 560
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Yes, he is bad... A BADASS. Ah Puch need more healt and protection at start.

Warlocks Sash/Shoes of the Magi/Hide of Urchin/Chronos Pendant/Bancrofts Talon/ Rod of Tahuti