Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Why these lesser known new gods when there are several more known gods left?

Senior Member Honoured Djungelkniv's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    If christianity was ever a thing in this game, what "champions" could you have? Feels kinda narrow tbh. It's Jesus, God and Satan. Sure there are some angels and demons perhaps. Maybe prophets?

Best regards,

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Arch Angels are a great start. Michael, Gabriel, Raphael and however you want to call it. Lucifer would be a nice addition as well. Michael and Lucifer would be a nice double release for the pantheon for their direct and prominent interaction with each other.

4 horsemen of the apocalypse can work as well. There is a lot room for greatness in christianity that could be tapped without pissing off too many people, but eh.
    Last edited by PapaRodin; 07-10-2015 at 10:15 AM.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Senior Member Honoured Djungelkniv's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by PapaRodin View Post
    Arch Angels are a great start. Michael, Gabriel, Raphael and however you want to call it. Lucifer would be a nice addition as well. Michael and Gabriel would be a nice double release for the pantheon for their direct and prominent interaction with each other.

4 horsemen of the apocalypse can work as well. There is a lot room for greatness in christianity that could be tapped without pissing off too many people, but eh.
    Yeah, why can't this be a thing? I've seen many god awful movies starring those arch angels and demons, why can't they be in Smite? :P

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,494
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaulyn View Post
    This was always a complaint, I'm almost sure the most requested characters of each pantheon now are:

- Greek - Achilles, Persephone and Hera (Medusa has been here)
    - Roman - Likely counterparts of the most requested from greek, so, Proserpina and Juno would fit here, Romulus is highly requested too
    - Egyptian - Set, Horus and Nut
    - Norse - Heimdall, Jormungandr and Baldr
    - Hindu - Shiva, Durga and Ganesha
    - Mayan - Camazotz, Hunahpu and Ixtab
    - Chinese - Jade Emperor, Fu Xi and Zao Jun (the latter one is mostly a joke, as he is the kitchen god, but there are requests, nonetheless)

I don't have numbers, but I saw lots for these ones. (I think I'll make some polls)

About their usage of pantheons, they chose freely when Smite wasn't released because the community was very small. Now that they know what the community wants, I see no reason for them to release unpopular pantheons, unless they make all of them so awesome that people will love them over the popularity of others, but the community complains too much, so, I'm pretty sure they won't add anything unpopular.
    I've been here since smite first released in closed beta. The post talking about gods usually revolved around "what gos would you like to see in smite." Which usually resulted in the most known, not necessarily popular gods being named.

And what? Choose freely? No they chose pantheons they new would draw peoples attention because people knew gods names. Even if you don't look into mythology, people know the name Zeus, Odin, and Ra especially compared to names like Baron Samedi, Nyami,AsaseYa, or Aido-Hwedo. This is understandable since that's just wiae marketing, but they never bothered to move beyond that, they just stayed with the same trend. Hell, they even bothered doing Greek and Roman gods, when Romans have 6 gods tops that the Greeks didn't have. Romes while pantheon was based on assimilation. They didn't destroy the religion of the people they conquered, they assimilated that cultures religion into their own. Hell, Amun-Ra was literally considered to be Zeus/jupitor Ammon was literally the combination of the 2.

HR could've been expanded long before season one ended, and refused not to. We were suppose to get a new pantheon this year and I'm still waiting to see it. At the end of the day all HR is going to do is recycle through the same pantheons and if or the hundreds of other JUST AS interesting pantheons that exist.

Member Worshipper VeryCerealMilk's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    Still waiting for Nut ;-;

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 1,494
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 10000 Experience Points Party Person Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class
    Quote Originally Posted by VeryCerealMilk View Post
    Still waiting for Nut ;-;
    all over you're face?

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Also, I haven't seen you in a while.

Member Worshipper VeryCerealMilk's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 456
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered Repped! Second Class
    @Shaman

I was away but I'm back now ^^

Nut all over Gebs face @-@
    Nickname: Milk/Milky
    ❆ ❄ ❅
    Main Support
    I will die for your sins.

Khepri is new bae.
    Fav Gods:
    Geb
    Nemesis
    Aphro
    Hel
    Cupid

Level completed: 18%, Points required for next Level: 656
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Veteran 1000 Experience Points
    Eventually Hirez will get around that. PATIENCE MY CHILD SHHHHH PATIENCE.

Senior Member Honoured Boomerangbro's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    I've been waiting for Set to be added for forever. Just give me global sandstorms already!!

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Grilleds View Post
    Was about to point out that Fenrir was pretty much Godzilla sized as well, but someone beat me to it.
    Fenrir seems easier to size down, though, because his body is more, uhm, "short" I could say? He has more of a box figure. Whereas Jorm was a snake, so he had a lengthy figure. I guess they could do what they did with Medusa, though. Make her tail not have a hitbox, only her upper body.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
    -Harlan Ellison
    Ne Zha Skins:
    SMITE Burger
    Cabin Boy (Image)
    Hockey (Image)

Delete Acid Spray