Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Why these lesser known new gods when there are several more known gods left?

Senior Member Honoured Djungelkniv's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran

Why these lesser known new gods when there are several more known gods left?

Like Ravana, Ratatoskr (and soon Khepri) etc. There are still gods like Set and Horus from the Egyptian mythology. Not to mention countless Hindu gods and some cool Norse gods. It would be easier with the lore and all by picking more famous deities. What do you think?

Best regards,

Forum Moderator Infamous SeventhArchon's Avatar
    Level completed: 81%, Points required for next Level: 662
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    Ravana is very popular. I just think they want to explore the less known and more exciting parts of mythology rather than add a god of knowledge when you have Athena or Set the god of how-can-this-guy-not-be-cliched.
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*
    wtb new signature

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Quote Originally Posted by Djungelkniv View Post
    Like Ravana, Ratatoskr (and soon Khepri) etc. There are still gods like Set and Horus from the Egyptian mythology. Not to mention countless Hindu gods and some cool Norse gods. It would be easier with the lore and all by picking more famous deities. What do you think?

Best regards,
    Very simple, they don't add gods based on popularity only. Sometimes, you create a moveset and have to find a god that could use said moveset. (I have two of them right now, and may have found gods for these)

Level completed: 11%, Points required for next Level: 713
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Where is Sekhmet fml?

Or Set or Vishnu or such?

Senior Member Honoured Djungelkniv's Avatar
    Level completed: 44%, Points required for next Level: 620
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 5000 Experience Points Veteran
    Yeah I guess you make some valid points but me myself being such a fan of different mythologies since I was a small boy, I'd like to see some more known gods I currently miss in the game.

Best regards,

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    We had a theme of creating gods that counter certain aspects for a while.

Looking at Bellona (Basic Attack Counter)
    Looking at Awilix (Jump Mechanic Counter)
    Looking at Old Nox (Failed attempt for an Ability Counter)

Now it seems that we have a archtype theme going on, trying to it some type of characters into the game that are lacking to make the godpool look more interesting and diverse. We had Ah Puch, who is a necro mancer because we had none of those but people love them, Ratatoskr, who is a cute small animal, which people love or love to hate and Ravana, who is supposed to be the token martial artist apparently.

HiRez is also atm in a process of introducing new god designers apparently (HiRezFish with Ravana, Drybear with Ah Puch) and so on.

My theory was that they are trying to fill in counters to certain popular gods and mechanics and/or certain popular archtypes with lesser known gods while also "training" their new developers with lesser known gods, which in return allows for much more artistic freedom in god design. At least that was my idea before they gave an important and wellknown figure like Ravana to Fish, who failed the concept and the lore of Ravana miserably.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!

Level completed: 53%, Points required for next Level: 1,130
    Achievements:
    Party Person 1 year registered Repped! Third Class 25000 Experience Points
    Yeah I guess you make some valid points but me myself being such a fan of different mythologies since I was a small boy, I'd like to see some more known gods I currently miss in the game.

Best regards,
    I'll ask you something that I usually ask people who complain about this: Would you rather have famous gods like Set, Horus, Shiva and Heimdall to have simplistic movesets with little thought put on them? Or would you rather wait and have them with cool, fun and original movesets?

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 546
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class Full Profile! 1 year registered 5000 Experience Points
    Like, Circe would be such an easy character to make.
    “You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant.”
    -Harlan Ellison
    Ne Zha Skins:
    SMITE Burger
    Cabin Boy (Image)
    Hockey (Image)

Delete Acid Spray

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered

Best regards,
    Ravana is lesser known? That's news to me. I mean yeah, he isn't as popular as Krishna, but calling him lesser known is a stretch.

As much as I'd love to see Set. I'd prefer to see Sekhmet implemented in some way. Preferably with Hathor included. Sekhmet actually would be a pretty good fit for this game. As for Norse? I'd like to see Jormungandr next.

Quote Originally Posted by Vastranis View Post
    Where is Sekhmet fml?

Or Set or Vishnu or such?
    And here I was worried that I was the only one who really wants Sekhmet. Also Vishnu already is in the game, kind of. Wouldn't make much sense to include both the avatars and Vishnu as well.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Senior Member Infamous PapaRodin's Avatar
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 543
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Repped! First Class Party Person Tagger Third Class Full Profile!
    I think that they want to keep the big ones of each pantheon in a special place. The Jade Emperor for the chinese pantheon seems to rank over all the other gods and is mentioned regulary in their releases. So does Vishnu for HIndus, in a way, and some of the gods we get are basicly nerfed versions of himself.

Not sure if nordic mythology has some kind of uberfigure like that (I would have said that it is Odin, but I think that he is just famous. Same for Zeus, he is just famous, but has actually a lot of stuff that could rival him and/or are out of his reach).

With Mayan, I have honestly no idea at all and for romans, they are basicly the greeks, in a way.
    Papa Rodins Words of Wisdom
    An Index Page for threads created by me for you.

Last Update: Let's fix this God: Nu Wa!