Thread: The Hi-Rez studios diagnostics support program won't work . Please HELP!

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points

The Hi-Rez studios diagnostics support program won't work . Please HELP!

If anyone can help me with my problem I would greatly appreciate it. Everything I have done is listed below. Also I have a video linked in this tread as well PLEASE HELP
    I can't load up Smite or update because the Diagnostics program is broken. I get this error message.
    "The system is unable to connect to the update server https://patcherc.hirez.net/HiPatchDi...tingServer.rem Technical details <Unable to connect to the remote server (0)>"
    I have uninstalled, reinstalled multiple times. Contacted the Hi-Rez Support team and they responded with this:

Hello TekKnite,
    I am sorry for the issues you are experiencing, lets try some things to see if we can't resolve the problem.
    First, make sure you run the shortcut as an admin by right-clicking and selecting the option, "Run as Admin".
    Second, make sure that the location of your game files matches the location found under the heading, "Default Games Directory" that is seen when you open the Hi-Rez Diagnostic and Support Tool.
    Lastly you may have to restart the servcie.
    Go to start -> Run -> type 'Services.msc' and hit enter.
    This will show a list of your system's services. Scroll down to 'Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service'. Right click that and select Restart if it's running, or If it's stopped, select Start. Also make sure that it's startup type is "automatic".
    Let me know if you need further assistance.

I responded to them with this and posted a video of me doing the steps:
    I appreciate your time, this did not work, I have recorded a video of everything you told me to do and my end result. Before e-mailing tech support I have discovered that the Hi-Rez Diagnostics tool will work for a brief time, but you have to open the program within five minutes after my computer was rebooted. If you restart service as seen in the video it shows the error message again. A few days ago I got it to redownload smite completely, but when I tried to play the game it would say "Not properly authenticated." I think it also said to restart service or something along those lines. Please help.​

Last edited by TekKnite; 05-03-2014 at 02:46 AM.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 428
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Support is going to be your lifeline in this case.

Level completed: 51%, Points required for next Level: 345
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Yea I know, Hi-Rez should have a livechat to help people along so they can go step by step with the people that are having these problems. I have seen multiple threads with cases almost like mine and I didn't see anybody saying the problem was fixed, which kinda sucks. I just hope someone can help me out so I can stop having Smite withdrawals lol.