Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: God Popularity

Senior Member Honoured Boomerangbro's Avatar
    Level completed: 76%, Points required for next Level: 168
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered

God Popularity

Sites like Smitestuff.com will list out how popular gods are, and how their percentages are changing in the current meta. What really stood out to me though, was gods on the rise of popularity. One god in particular, caught my eye.

Poseidon. Now, according to the percentages, Poseidon is seeing 47% more play in all games than ever before. Which means, almost half the community is picking him more than they were last month. This is a HUGE increase. Just think about it, almost a 50% increase in popularity over the past month. Each person is now playing him 50% more than usual.

The second highest increase is Serqet at around 30%, which is still a pretty huge leap.

Gods falling in popularity include: Agni at 12%, Hel at 13% and Bellona at 30%.

These numbers are interesting to me in that I never would have guessed that Agni or Bellona would begin to decrease in popularity. I can maybe see Bellona, but Agni is never a character I would have guessed to be less picked up than usual.

Now Poseidon is what really worries me. By seeing 50% more play, that means his pick rate has spiked significantly. What happened recently that is making Poseidon such a big contender and making Agni decrease in popularity?

The most recent stats also show that Poseidon is the most popular god in the game now by a margin of 22%.

I just found these stats interesting and thought you guys might as well. Anyway, expect to see the master of the ocean much more than usual.

Member Worshipper TheFetchPrince's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    I'll never give up my Agni, no matter what. I don't care if I am the only person playing Agni ever. I will always be there, spamming "Swagtastic!" (VEA) in your spawn. You will hear the cry of a wild Agni screaming "Get me some chitlins!" as he speeds past you. And when you do, you will know it is me, and I will whisper into your ear; "My name, is Swagni".... *bows*

Okay, I'm done. Seriously though. What made Poseidon so popular recently? I try to use him and just end up throwing whirlpools all over the place yelling "Y'arr, there be stormy weather over ther'!"It would make it a little less awkward if I had his pirate skin...
    Did he see any usage in any recent e-Sports games? That tends to sometimes spike a god's popularity.

And holy crap, Bellona is seeing LESS play?Man, I thought I'd never see the day.

From what I saw on SmiteStuff, I found it odd that Kumbha is seeing more play as well, but that's because I particularly don't like him, and I tend to really like guardians.
    ~There is only one god, and his name is Death~
    ~ "And there is only one thing we say to death" ~
    ~"Not today"~

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 696
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    The only mid I fear is Poseidon, his wave clear is insane starting at lvl 2, his harass is scary and his 3-4-1 combo can guarantee you a kill no matter what and he is (I think) the fastest God in the game because of his 2 therefore he can gank a lane and go back to his lane really fast without losing any minions, that is what a mage should be and Poseidon is exactly that. His only counter is Isis and almost no one is playing her lately, and if someone plays her they don't play her well.
    "Follow the God that failed."

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Quote Originally Posted by MetalMilitant View Post
    The only mid I fear is Poseidon, his wave clear is insane starting at lvl 2, his harass is scary and his 3-4-1 combo can guarantee you a kill no matter what and he is (I think) the fastest God in the game because of his 2 therefore he can gank a lane and go back to his lane really fast without losing any minions, that is what a mage should be and Poseidon is exactly that. His only counter is Isis and almost no one is playing her lately, and if someone plays her they don't play her well.
    good thing i main chronos in mid so poseidon is free lane for me if i play chronos
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Level completed: 1%, Points required for next Level: 696
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    good thing i main chronos in mid so poseidon is free lane for me if i play chronos
    Chronos is not a viable mid to me, never will be :/

Mids should have AOE burst damage (in my opinion) and Chronos doesn't have that.
    "Follow the God that failed."

Super Moderator Godlike RainbowSplat's Avatar
    Level completed: 73%, Points required for next Level: 933
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Full Profile!
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender

Mids should have AOE burst damage (in my opinion) and Chronos doesn't have that.
    well in my opinion i play w/e i want in mid : P but from the mages i prefer chronos in mid lane and if im vs pos the only tough spot is very early game 1-5lvl
    *Disclaimer: I am a volunteer moderator. I work on best judgement and do not speak on behalf of Hi-Rez Studios.*

Banned Prestigious Fusionsamurai's Avatar
    Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 373
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 5000 Experience Points Full Profile! Conversation Starter

Chronos is an extremely strong pick for mid. He has good clear, and his mid-late game is scary. He has incredibly chase with no movement penalty when using his 2.(If you build fatalis you can run backwards with his 2 and attack I believe you still be going faster than the enemy), His stun is long and guarantees his 1, and his ult resets all the health you wasted your whole kit to take away. He has insane sustain with his 2, as well as incredible tower shredding capabilities.

He works well in solo, but he shines brightly in mid if you can do him right. His 2 also can make his autos and abilities power to extreme damage for camp steals. (It is beyond satisfying landing a powerd up 1 and stealing a camp).

Chronos is a strong mid for sure.

Level completed: 39%, Points required for next Level: 429
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    does the site get its stats from all games in all modes from all levels? because pos gets handed out pretty early in the new level rewards and he does seem to get spammed in the lower levels for it.

Senior Member Prestigious BhastetKurza's Avatar
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Achievements:
    Conversation Starter Repped! Third Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! First Class
    Chronos is a viable mid pick but not a viable mid pick in terms of team composition.

I'd rather have Chronos in solo and a phys/magical teamfight god in the midlane.

I feel that big AoE gods with great team fights belong in the mid lane, not just mages.
    Wow...

Senior Member Prestigious GongsunYiru's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 2,151
    Achievements:
    Repped! First Class Repped! Second Class Reputation Distributor Repped! Third Class Discussion Ender
    Awards:
    Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by conedeke View Post
    does the site get its stats from all games in all modes from all levels? because pos gets handed out pretty early in the new level rewards and he does seem to get spammed in the lower levels for it.
    All game modes, but you can filter to a specific game mode. Also can filter to only above mastery V gods.