The Public Test Server (PTS) is used for testing major patches prior to their release to the "official/live" Smite installation. The servers are available for use only at specific times when testing is required.
This post discusses key things you should in order to participate in testing on the PTS Server, including information on how to install the PTS Client.
LIMITATIONS AND THINGS TO KNOW
EVERYONE SHOULD READ AND UNDERSTAND THESE LIMITATIONS PRIOR TO PARTICIPATING:
1) In order to participate in the PTS, you must download a completely new game client. When the "real" patch is delivered, you will still need to download the new patch.
2) At times, only PRACTICE queues are available. The limited queue availability is for two reasons:
a) We do not have significant server capacity currently assigned to this test. So we do not have the ability to run a lot of matches.
b) We do not expect a large test population (tell your friends!). This could affect ability to get timely matches.
3) The Gems/XP/Favor/Level/Everything for your player record will reflect what your player record was approximately 1 week ago (this is when the test database was mirrored). In some tests, we will also give gems to all accounts on the PTS Server only (these do not carry over to live). Don't freak about this. Your live account is unaffected!
4) Also note that rewards (XP, Favor, Worshippers, etc) that are earned on the PTS server do not carry over to live. The two environments are not connected.
5) Note that if you try to buy gems while on this test environment, it will let you, but the gems will be applied to your LIVE account, not to this test account. So you will not see the gems in the test environment, but you will get them when you log back into the regular SMITE.
6) If you have previously downloaded the Public Test Client for Smite (many months ago), you may have to do special steps:
-- Open your Smite Public Test Launcher
-- Hit Options
-- HIT TROUBLESHOOTING AND DIAGNOSTICS
-- In the INSTALLED GAMES list, select SMITE PUBLIC TEST and then hit the REINSTALL button.
INSTRUCTIONS TO PARTICIPATE:
1) Download the Public Test Installer from this Link: http://hirez.http.internapcdn.net/hi...zSmitePT19.exe
2) This should download a new PTS version of the game and put an icon on your desktop labeled SMITE PUBLIC TEST. You must use this icon to launch the test client (not your normal Smite launcher).
3) You will need to install pre-requisites for the game.
4) Launch the client and login with your normal SMITE login credentials.
5) Have fun!
6) Please post to the PTS specfic sub-forum with any issues you found.
You can follow HiRezStew on Twitter for updates as well.
Thanks so much again everyone for your support and help testing the game!