Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: New HR game

  1. #11
    Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,815
    22
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijee View Post
    You just started my inner hype train which just crashed instantly while watching the video linked above.
    I am really not sure how anyone could identify Global Agenda 2/Global Assault in this video. It looks more like a TF2/Overwatch/Smite hybrid.

    This just confirms that there will be no GA2 anytime soon. I will probably check this out but will keep on waiting for the third announcement for Global Agenda 2.

    Yeah true, it's 2015 after all. It has to be a moba.
    Ijee check out /r/globalagenda2 some time, aka Voldis's blog

    Sither (ex-GA player) said that Erez popped into Twitch chat and told everyone that the game started off as GA2 but "evolved" into something else. So, at one point, this was GA2. I guess they scrapped all the info that was spoiled by Erez a while back.

    I'll probably give it a go when Beta starts, but other than that I'm not getting my hopes up.

    Quote Originally Posted by RainbowSplat View Post
    but but but what about smite...?
    If Smite continues to be successful and the playerbase stays constant, I'm sure it'll be fine. But I did laugh at this pic (more than I should have)

    Last edited by Dmantakae; 06-27-2015 at 04:46 PM.
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

    Goodbye Smite forums <3

  2. #12
    Senior Member Prestigious Fênrîr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wolf-Joint
    Posts
    2,584
    9
    Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 138
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 5000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Full Profile! Veteran
    Rep Power
    10
    They would be making a HUGE mistake by pushing aside their most successful game like that.

    Tribes and GA were nowhere near as successful or remotely close to profitable smite is.

  3. #13
    Senior Member Chosen Pokechu212's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Praising the Noodle.
    Posts
    1,259
    7
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 715
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered Full Profile!
    Rep Power
    7
    They better at least finish balancing this game before they start making anything else (including gods. They really need to stop making gods.)

  4. #14
    Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,815
    22
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokechu212 View Post
    They better at least finish balancing this game before they start making anything else (including gods. They really need to stop making gods.)
    They have an entirely different team working on the new game.
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

    Goodbye Smite forums <3

  5. #15
    Ex-Moderator Follower Ijee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    225
    4
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dmantakae View Post
    Ijee check out /r/globalagenda2 some time, aka Voldis's blog

    Sither (ex-GA player) said that Erez popped into Twitch chat and told everyone that the game started off as GA2 but "evolved" into something else. So, at one point, this was GA2. I guess they scrapped all the info that was spoiled by Erez a while back.

    I'll probably give it a go when Beta starts, but other than that I'm not getting my hopes up.
    Really? You got me interested again. Thanks for the information!

    Either way, I want to watch real gameplay first because from the first glimpse that could be seen it
    sure did not look like anything close to GA combat (that is Assault, Medic, Robo, Recon).

    Why is Vulcan in the video?

    Quote Originally Posted by Dmantakae View Post
    If Smite continues to be successful and the playerbase stays constant, I'm sure it'll be fine.
    I am pretty sure that they have enough manpower to work on two games simultaneously now. If I recall
    correctly they had around 20 to 30 employees by the time Global Agenda started to decline.
    Tribes gave them a bit of a boost but since the closed beta of Smite back in 2012 Hi-Rez started to hire a lot of new developer as Smite gained more and more traction (at least the Wikipedia article states 100+ employees as of today).

    Quote Originally Posted by Fênrîr View Post
    Tribes and GA were nowhere near as successful or remotely close to profitable smite is.
    Yes, and the reason for that surely did not originate partly due to a number of problems both games had.

    Just to name one of them would be the netcode for Global Agenda which caused players to be stuck in spawn for up to 1 minute (only EU server). It took over 5 months to fix this issue and they bascially had to rewrite the netcode from what I remember.
    Last edited by Ijee; 06-28-2015 at 10:06 AM.

  6. #16
    Member Worshipper FriedGerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    444
    8
    Level completed: 57%, Points required for next Level: 481
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class Veteran 5000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokechu212 View Post
    They better at least finish balancing this game before they start making anything else (including gods. They really need to stop making gods.)
    you are silly

    why balance or fix game issues when they can add MORE HILARIOUS SKINS™
    Current Number of Gods Ruined by Tencent/Hirez/"Muh Lore" Abominations: i lost count

    MY BOOK
    FATASS FANATICS
    a long gone bacchus dream

    Undisputed Bacchus King. I will win while doing keg stands - guaranteed

  7. #17
    Ex-Moderator Follower Ijee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    225
    4
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7
    So, did Hi-Rez actually announce when they are going to release more information?

  8. #18
    Ex-Moderator Follower Ijee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    225
    4
    Level completed: 4%, Points required for next Level: 673
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Rep Power
    7
    Yeah, you know here is an aricle for anyone still interested in this game.

    They just mixed TF2 with Hearthstone, Smite and took the mounts from WoW/Heroes of the Storm or
    any other MMO ever. It seems like they only included the mounts in order to create larger maps without
    any other purpose. Anyway, I will stilltry this as this is the closest we can ever expect from the GA2
    announcement at the end of 2012.


    The only way this game resembles GA is the game mode shown in the videos as well
    as the sound when capturing control points.
    Last edited by Ijee; 08-04-2015 at 02:30 AM.

  9. #19
    Member Worshipper TheFetchPrince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Paradise City
    Posts
    463
    3
    Level completed: 98%, Points required for next Level: 20
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 3 months registered 1000 Experience Points
    Rep Power
    6
    R.I.P Smite!
    ~There is only one god, and his name is Death~
    ~ "And there is only one thing we say to death" ~
    ~"Not today"~


  10. #20
    Senior Member Prestigious Dmantakae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    California
    Posts
    4,815
    22
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 1,032
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class Repped! First Class 10000 Experience Points Full Profile! Arm of the Law!
    Rep Power
    19
    Quote Originally Posted by Ijee View Post
    Yeah, you know here is an aricle for anyone still interested in this game.

    They just mixed TF2 with Hearthstone, Smite and took the mounts from WoW/Heroes of the Storm or
    any other MMO ever. It seems like they only included the mounts in order to create larger maps without
    any other purpose. Anyway, I will stilltry this as this is the closest we can ever expect from the GA2
    announcement at the end of 2012.


    The only way this game resembles GA is the game mode shown in the videos as well
    as the sound when capturing control points.
    That and Torbjorn having a rocket turret. (Oops, I meant Barik).

    Honestly, I'll probably still give it a go... but I'm not liking the whole fantasy direction they went. Remember when they promoted GA with the whole "No elves" thing? Now look.... they have elves.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheFetchPrince View Post
    R.I.P Smite!
    Smite will be fine, they have enough employees now to support different projects.
    Ex-Smite forums Lead mod, currently Paladins forum lead mod

    Goodbye Smite forums <3

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •