Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Matchmaking Shadowq Talk

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Astraous's Avatar
    Level completed: 29%, Points required for next Level: 497
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Well I doubt they've been totally ignoring the issue of matchmaking, that seems downright unprofessional. However, even if I give them the benefit of the doubt, I am a bit disappointed in their communication. It doesn't take long to check in with the forum every week for updates on critical issues. And considering the amount of matchmaking threads and qq you see everywhere (now even a video from a pro player), it is most definitely a 'critical' issue and not just a bunch of baddies complaining about losses.

I'll even share my own experience of ranked. While qualifying for League Conquest, I was put up against Shing (Bastet) and TheBest (Anubis). That's two Masters on the other team, SPL players at that. Now, to be totally fair, we did end up winning as everyone on my team fully utilized curse and warded like crazy because everyone knew who Shing was and how he does things. Regardless, as a qualifying player, I shouldn't have to be met with people who are in the SPL tournament on the other team, or even my team. From that win on, I kept getting matched with ridiculously top-tier players that I had to scramble to keep up with. It's not fun. I'm not a terrible player, at least I don't think I am, but I'm not on that level yet nor do I wished to be placed there.

That aside, hopefully some employee at Hi-Rez gets to reading this post and a little more communication is established. Either way, communication or not, hopefully they find a model of matchmaking that works for this game.

Level completed: 24%, Points required for next Level: 688
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 3 months registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Richardgold View Post
    I rather wait more to have a good team on both sides instead of a fast queque full with different division players.
    If I have to wait more than 5 minutes for a match, I'll probably just play a different game altogether. I'm sure there are plenty of other people who agree with me on that.
    Friend: Athena retreat, get out of there, what the heck are you doing!
    Me: ATHENA DOESN'T KNOW THE MEANING OF RETREAT!
    Friend: Well she better freaking learn it!
    *I die*
    Me: OK, I retreated back to base... Just wait 20 seconds.
    -Me playing Athena on the 4th of July

"You forgot to ban Fenrir, and for that, I WILL EAT YOUR SHOES!!!"
    -Me on Fenrir not being banned in a custom match

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Level completed: 38%, Points required for next Level: 434
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Would you rather have a short waiting time and have a BAD matchmaking, rather than wait a little longer and have a balanced game? The problem of people today is that they want everything to go fast. But be aware that the longer the waiting time will be shorter, the Matchmaking will be shit. It is not know, to this day, a good Matchmaking in 30 seconds waiting.

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by JemyJan View Post
    Would you rather have a short waiting time and have a BAD matchmaking, rather than wait a little longer and have a balanced game? The problem of people today is that they want everything to go fast. But be aware that the longer the waiting time will be shorter, the Matchmaking will be shit. It is not know, to this day, a good Matchmaking in 30 seconds waiting.
    I`m ok with waiting 10-15 minutes for a match.

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Achievements:
    Yes me too, if matchmaking is good.

Achievements:
    I've played games with NO matchmaking. I think I can handle a little imbalance in casuals. However what you need to understand, is a lot of players like myself, have very busy schedules and might only have time for maybe 1-2 games a day, with maybe 2 hours of free time some days. I don't want to have to pull up a game of Solitaire while waiting for a match so I'm not bored out of my mind for 15 minutes. Additionally there are a LOT more bad players than good ones, so the better you are, the longer you are going to have to wait.

If I have to wait more than 5 minutes because of a matchmaking overhaul, I'll tank my MMR to get quicker matches, and if THAT doesn't work, I'll just play something like LoL or Payday 2 instead.

Even if they do FIX the matchmaking, it's not going to stop the community from complaining about the freaking matchmaking.

"I'm losing every game because I keep getting matched with noob teammates" - a noob
    *I die*

"Once I begin to sing, no-one must enter the tent. The dead will dance here tonight."
    —Mirri Maz Duur

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Achievements:
    I understand that you do not have much time per day you want to have fast parts. Matchmaking in the "normal" mode is shit is not serious. As against the Matchmaking "league" mode is shit, this is not normal. The "leagues" mode is for players wanting Try-Hard and increase their level and wanting to improve their skills.

- We must understand one thing. The normal mode is for ALL players. Especially those wanting to play 30 minutes or 1 hour to relax and have fun.
    - The mode "league" is for those who have time before them and wanting to increase their skills and Try-Hard. A player coming in "league" only to pass the time and have fun without worrying about losing or winning, has no place in "league".

Personally I do not ask a change matchmaking on the "normal" mode, only the "league" mode that is (to date) ruined by players who come only to relax or just to test the gods .. .
    The "normal" mode is made for that. Not the "league" mode.

We must know what we want.

Achievements:
    I understand that you do not have much time per day you want to have fast parts. Matchmaking in the "normal" mode is shit is not serious. As against the Matchmaking "league" mode is shit, this is not normal. The "leagues" mode is for players wanting Try-Hard and increase their level and wanting to improve their skills.

- We must understand one thing. The normal mode is for ALL players. Especially those wanting to play 30 minutes or 1 hour to relax and have fun.
    - The mode "league" is for those who have time before them and wanting to increase their skills and Try-Hard. A player coming in "league" only to pass the time and have fun without worrying about losing or winning, has no place in "league".

Personally I do not ask a change matchmaking on the "normal" mode, only the "league" mode that is (to date) ruined by players who come only to relax or just to test the gods .. .
    The "normal" mode is made for that. Not the "league" mode.

We must know what we want.
    League's matchmaking problems should be fixable without severely increasing matchmaking times. The problem is mostly the way qualifiers are handled. That said, I wouldn't mind a longer wait for league IF it fixed the "elo hell" problem.
    *I die*

—Mirri Maz Duur

Junior Member Cupidhead
    Achievements:
    Hi-Rez may fix the problem "partially" because it is impossible to make a perfect matchmaking system but they can do it, simply that they want to do ...

Level completed: 30%, Points required for next Level: 638
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class Veteran
    I think they should remove the qualifying system,and leagues will slowly start to get better.