Thread: Problem with Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service

Junior Member Cupidhead EasyThe's Avatar
    Level completed: 64%, Points required for next Level: 330
    Achievements:
    Full Profile! 1000 Experience Points Veteran

Problem with Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service

So, today i logged in Smite and started a Co-Op Arena match, after 30 seconds my PC froze and i restarted it. After that i got the problems.. When i start the launcher it is stuck on "Smite is connecting to Authenticate service." and then the error "Unable to attach to the Hi-Rez Authentication Service. Please click Fix below to launch the support and diagnostic utility.". And so i do it i click Fix then it opens the "Utility" it loads and... an error again: "Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service will not start on this machine." and down below "You can reboot or run as administrator (which i already did but not working again) or reinstall". So, i unistalled Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service, and also Smite.. and now there is another problem. Can you guess? YES! I cant install it now... I run the InstallSmite.exe file which i downloaded from the official website of the game. You know next, next, accept, install aand then the big problem: "Failed to start the Hi-Rez Studios Authenticate and Update Service". In addition I searched for this problem in the internet. I saw several "fixes" for this problem but for me they didnt work. Like turning off the antivirus, turning of UAC, rebooting several times.., fix for .NET.... but no result. I hope some Hi-Rez staff would see this post and help me cuz i really want to continue playing this game Thanks in advice! EDIT: By the way when i open services.msc and find the Hi-Rez service its status is "Starting" always and just not changing.
    Bring back Poolseidon

Junior Member Cupidhead eiPatch's Avatar
    Level completed: 35%, Points required for next Level: 328
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    What cpu are you using? Windows 8? 7?

If 7, then click start menu in bottom left corner then search services.

After that, you should see 2 gears, click it then locate something called "Hi-Rez Studios Auth..."

Click it, then click start or restart.

Launch smite launcher and play! It should be same for windows 8.