Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Interesting reddit topic

Junior Member Senior Cupidhead Dewpyx's Avatar
    Level completed: 40%, Points required for next Level: 420
    Achievements:
    Repped! Third Class 1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    Do you know what watching a video or stream does to a normal lines ping? Unless these people are running 10mb or better lines I highly doubt they can snipe your streams and play Smite with a normal ping.

Junior Member Cupidhead daSillva's Avatar
    Level completed: 58%, Points required for next Level: 294
    Achievements:
    1 year registered 1000 Experience Points
    ..so whats the morale of the story ?
    dont beat streamers in public ?

Senior Member Honoured Lefargon's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by daSillva View Post
    ..so whats the morale of the story ?
    dont beat streamers in public ?
    Don't act like an ass and insult people if you want to defend yourself from accusations of being an ass.
    “I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they are going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 180
    Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class 1000 Experience Points Full Profile! Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    ugh reddit sucks anyway by a long shot*shrugs*

Level completed: 67%, Points required for next Level: 235
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    This is such a stupid "incident" to get mad over on either side. One, we don't know if Git is even telling the truth. For all we know DM could be correct and Git could be trying to make him look bad. Or we could believe that Git is telling the truth. Either way there is no evidence of either except ones word. And I don't know about everyone else but I don't believe someone just because they told me so.

New Member Cupidhead Killerwannabe's Avatar
    Level completed: 28%, Points required for next Level: 505
    Achievements:
    Quote Originally Posted by pb3x View Post

With success, comes targetting. In sports a superstar will be studied and focussed during the game, to limit their ability to perform at their potential. This is a common strategy in a competitive environment.
    I agree with this statement up to a point..... Yes people will get focused but where it is different in EVERY other sport that person getting focused knows who his opponent is and can plan. Getting the advantage like this by sniping him the streamer has no clue who they are fighting and the person sniping does and can 1) ban gods that they know the streamer is good at and 2) can counter pick the god that the streamer picks so to give a huge disadvantage to the streamer. In any other event or sport both opponents have the same advantage of knowing who they are facing and can make a plan to try and counter.

Senior Member Honoured Lefargon's Avatar
    Level completed: 94%, Points required for next Level: 48
    Achievements:
    Tagger Third Class 1000 Experience Points Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by MrTranziztor View Post
    This is such a stupid "incident" to get mad over on either side. One, we don't know if Git is even telling the truth. For all we know DM could be correct and Git could be trying to make him look bad. Or we could believe that Git is telling the truth. Either way there is no evidence of either except ones word. And I don't know about everyone else but I don't believe someone just because they told me so.
    You're right, we don't know if Git is telling the truth, we also don't know if dm is telling the truth, the point is both of them are in the wrong. dm, as he's admitted, overreacted and Git, when given a chance to defend himself not only decides to make it public instead of just taking it up with Hi-Rez which would've saved everyone a lot of drama but also throws out frankly pointlessly insulting accusations at dm.

I personally don't think it constitutes a service problem and dm is still one of my top 5 Smite streamers but some people clearly have a problem with the way dm acted and regardless of whether or not Git is just trolling and trying to smear dm's reputation it doesn't change the fact that, that is how he acted.
    Last edited by Lefargon; 05-01-2014 at 08:45 AM.
    “I feel sorry for people who don’t drink. They wake up in the morning and that’s the best they are going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra

Level completed: 41%, Points required for next Level: 479
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points 1 year registered
    Quote Originally Posted by Lefargon View Post
    , overreacted and Git, when given a chance to defend himself not only decides to make it public instead of just taking it up with Hi-Rez which would've saved everyone a lot of drama but also throws out frankly pointlessly insulting accusations at dm.
    DIdn't DM do this same exact thing though when he started accusing him of sniping in front of 3000 viewers. How is it ok for DM to be public but not for Git to defend himself publicly

New Member Cupidhead JakeHatesGaming's Avatar
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 569
    Achievements:
    There was absolutely no way to prove he was sniping and his reaction was completely disproportionate even if there was evidence suggesting that Git was sniping. It was a grown baby acting like a grown baby.

Level completed: 88%, Points required for next Level: 114
    Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points Tagger Third Class Repped! Third Class 1 year registered
    I just wanbna ask... what's "sniping" mean in this context?

I don't get it...